Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 04:06 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcnotfiledyet View Post
Very well written. We need this kind of language material to present to our friends. You got my contribution. How do I donate $20? I don't see tab for that money on page. Minimum for one time contribution I see is $100. Also is there any way that I do not have to use paypal and directly use my cc to pay?

Also not all of us are as good in writing or speaking the same language. I am glad you understand the pains of IV core but unfortunately all of us have not gone through the same things as you have. So we surely need some convincing on part of IV. This post I see is right step. I need some more info to present to my friends, as to why they should contribute. That would be perfect.
So much hoopla for a mere $20!

I do not think that you will even contribute that. You are just looking for excuses not to pay. And don't tell me that your friends can pay 500 or 5000....

They cannot even pay 5 dollars. People who want to contribute, just contribute and not make a big fuss over $20. Go have a lunch today with your $20 instead but for heavens sake do not force people to spend 20 minutes answering you for 20 dollars. Or maybe give it to your lawyer or AILA as you beleve in them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

bump^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Tech View Post
Ok. Time out suriajay12.

Tell me one thing - Why do you expect IV core to spoonfeed everything to you and your friends. If you and your friends are raring to go and do something for the retrogressed community, why not come forward with ideas and show some efforts, instead of just harping on a forum with a bundle of dollars in your hand! Remember, IV is made up of you and me, and it's you and me who can make all the difference. It's very easy to sit on the sidelines and talk. And one more thing - "Have a positive attitude" about everything (life, IV, GC etc) and you will notice how much your point of view will change for better.

The best advice I have for you is to join your state chapter because IV does lot of its planning and strategy implementation behind the scenes. That way you will know more about IV's current and future plans, and will be able to contribute in a positive manner.
Green.Tech,

Allow me to ask you this. Why do you waste your time like this? Don't you have anything better to do? This suri guy is a jerk fresh out of PMP some class, and he wants to see a "project plan". Let me send him a power point presentation and Microsoft Projects file about the "project plan" which he wants to see.

Look, you can waste your time for as long as you want, but there will always be jerks who think that advocacy for EB issues is a "project", and at the end of budget and scheduled time, he wants to see the desired output. That' a narrow mind-set of PMP certification, which often do not apply in advocacy campaigns. It's ok, it took me time to understand this, but I had to do my own research to understand this. suri has to do his own research to learn more than his pmp class. You cannot explain it to this suri guy. So my advice to you is, please don't waste your time.

Also, who knows if this suri guy is an agent of some tracker site, just playing his charm to dampen our spirits so that all we do is track our soft LUDs.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 02-26-2009 at 07:15 PM.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchshell View Post
That is several years since its inception : limited number of paying members, half hearted participation in various campaigns, and inactive state chapters.
And who is hurting because of this? Is it not you? And me? and our families? Whose fault is it that we refuse to actively participated in the effort that wants us to lead a stable life.

You see, most people here work in IT. So we have binary logic. 0 & 1. There is no in between. So most people in this community of educated illiterates wants the world to be perfectly aligned before we lift a finger. Lets wait for few more years for GC before we contribute my hard earned $20 after bickering for 10 years, way to go.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

Old 02-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Green.Tech,

Allow me to ask you this. Why do you waste your time like this? Don't you have anything better to do? This suri guy is a jerk fresh out of PMP some class, and he wants to see a "project plan". Let me send him a power point presentation and Microsoft Projects file about the "project plan" which he wants to see.

Look, you can waste your time for as long as you want, but there will always be jerks who think that advocacy for EB issues is a "project", and at the end of budget and scheduled time, he wants to see the desired output. That' a narrow mind-set of PMP certification, which often do not apply in advocacy campaigns. It's ok, it took me time to understand this, but I had to do my own research to understand this. suri has to do his own research to learn more than his pmp class. You cannot explain it to this suri guy. So my advice to you is, please don't waste your time.

Also, who knows if this suri guy is an agent of some tracker site, just playing his charm to dampen our spirits so that all we do is track our soft LUDs.

Sanju,

I couldn't tell from the tone of your message if you were reprimanding me or offering me an advice in good faith. Anyway, the optimist in me believes that it was the latter. Thanks for the advice but I do not believe I am wasting my time by answering queries like these from members who think IV is out there to do them a favor at each step without them participating in the march towards the ultimate goal. It's all in one's perception, I guess. Even if I am successful in changing the mindset of one individual in a month, I will happily 'waste' my time on this forum

Keep up the good work!

Green.Tech

Old 02-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
abqguy is a jewel in the rough abqguy is a jewel in the rough abqguy is a jewel in the rough
Smile My small contribution again

Just made my small contribution of $21 using paypal. Not sure what paypal charges IV on this transaction. I'm hoping the extra dollar would cover the paypal fees and the remaining $20 will go towards the great efforts of IV.

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #7TK259799T695xxxx)

Business Name:
Immigration Voice
Email:
donations@immigrationvoice.org

Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You abqguy.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 02-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
And who is hurting because of this? Is it not you? And me? and our families? Whose fault is it that we refuse to actively participated in the effort that wants us to lead a stable life.

You see, most people here work in IT. So we have binary logic. 0 & 1. There is no in between. So most people in this community of educated illiterates wants the world to be perfectly aligned before we lift a finger. Lets wait for few more years for GC before we contribute my hard earned $20 after bickering for 10 years, way to go.
Sanju,

May be "educated illiterates" is a too strong word to describe our community. But no complaints, I know that sometime passion run high and we use strong words to convey our feelings. I know you mean all good for IV and the community.

I am contributing to IV with my time/money/efforts from a long time. I had several face to face interactions with people here in Colorado when I used to ask them why they shy away from fighting for what they deserve. Trust me, it would be unfair to say that people want someone else to fight on their behalf, but what people want is an organization that can represent them in a fair manner, and they feel that IV has a long way to go before that stage comes. I posted a summary of suggested reforms in IV as a organization, but unfortunately it did not spark that positive debate which can bring such reforms. You can read the thread in your leasure time:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...t=20406&page=2 (Stroke of a genius)

Transparency in its action is one such big thing. Lets just learn from an anti immigration forum called numbersusa.com. On their donation page they clearly mention that "NumbersUSA is recognized by Independent Charities of America as one of the top 3% of well-run charities. When you donate to NumbersUSA, you can be sure that the money is used responsibly." Can we here at IV make such bold statement and prepare ourselves to prove this point if a member ask such question?

I am no way opposing this campaign, I am supporting this and going to contribute too. But I guess its not too much to ask where these contribution will go, and what track able results they might bring.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aroranuj is a jewel in the rough aroranuj is a jewel in the rough aroranuj is a jewel in the rough
Default $51 on its way

Just made a contribution of $51 to OUR cause. Unique Transaction ID #7EJ0507917662511X

Guys, can we please keep this thread for DONATIONS ONLY...

Thanks.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grand Total - $2062

Thanks a lot everyone.

Grand Total - $2062

Come on folks lets help IV, to get things done for US.

IV is I/WE. GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts suriajay12 is infamous around these parts
Default Good to see positive participation

Folks,

Its good to see this thread is still active. I just came home after 30 hrs non-stop work due to our product launch. I did go through quickly on all the posts after my post and I really didnt get the point I was looking for. I will respond to each of you tomorrow in one post.
The response I see for any type of campaign in the form of contributions is pathetic, based on the number of people waiting and those who are active. We will go nowhere, but this must change, and we will help.
I will now have to sleep for 5 hrs and then go back.
Thanks,

Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute spulugur has a reputation beyond repute

$100 - Transaction ID: 1GV95902XD022880S

Old 02-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Default Grand Total - $2162

Thanks a lot everyone.

Grand Total - $2162

Come on folks lets help IV, to get things done for US.

IV is I/WE. GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare

ok suri, while you work 30 hours and make money for yourself, let me take your burden and share my research with you. Here is what you have to do to see the result -

Goto -
http://soprweb.senate.gov/index.cfm?event=selectfields

- check box for client name
- click 'submit' button
- enter 'Immigration Voice' in the client name
- click 'submit' button

Now you see the amount spent by IV for lobbying in the Senate documents. Please do the total and let me know how much is that amount. I am not "highly skilled" like you, so I can't calculate?

Do you know anyone who spent 1/2 million on lobbying for our issues. Maybe your friends have spent that money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suriajay12 View Post
Folks,

Its good to see this thread is still active. I just came home after 30 hrs non-stop work due to our product launch. I did go through quickly on all the posts after my post and I really didnt get the point I was looking for. I will respond to each of you tomorrow in one post.
The response I see for any type of campaign in the form of contributions is pathetic, based on the number of people waiting and those who are active. We will go nowhere, but this must change, and we will help.
I will now have to sleep for 5 hrs and then go back.
Thanks,

Old 02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ok suri, while you work 30 hours and make money for yourself, let me take your burden and share my research with you. Here is what you have to do to see the result -

Goto -
http://soprweb.senate.gov/index.cfm?event=selectfields

- check box for client name
- click 'submit' button
- enter 'Immigration Voice' in the client name
- click 'submit' button

Now you see the amount spent by IV for lobbying in the Senate documents. Please do the total and let me know how much is that amount. I am not "highly skilled" like you, so I can't calculate?

Do you know anyone who spent 1/2 million on lobbying for our issues. Maybe your friends have spent that money.

Sanju my friend, why sarcasm ? This is such wonderful information, why can't this be made more public, posted in a prominent position on IV ? Why should members do research to get this info when it can be relatively easily acquired by Quinn Gillespie & Assoc and given to core ? Come on man, a little bit of information like this goes a long way with members.