Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default H.R. 3012 - Urgent Action Items: Letters + Phone calls and Fundraising

The grass-roots action items listed below are extremely critical and will supplement IV advocacy efforts for HR-3012 that have been going on for a considerable amount of time. As already mentioned, a group of select Immigration Voice members recently attended more than 160 meetings with key members of Congress. Other advocacy efforts are ongoing at the moment. Please participate in the grass-roots efforts below so that we can do our best to get H.R 3012 passed by Congress. This is our only chance.

Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 1 – Send Letter/Message to your Representative

When: Immediate/Now

Please contact members of Congress by clicking on the Action Alert below, to urge support for H.R-3012 – Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act. It will take less than a minute. This action item is mandatory for all IV members so that we can supplement ongoing advocacy efforts in support of HR 3012.

Letter to Lawmaker

Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 2 – Write to your Local News Reporters

Please contact the top news publications in your area by clicking on the link below and share details on H.R 3012. This will help get critical news coverage for our efforts as well as support for the key lawmakers who are working on this bill. This, again, will take less than a minute.

Letter to Reporter
Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 3

Please consider supporting the advocacy efforts for this bill by contributing to IV. Your support is now more critical than ever before and will help sustain the strong advocacy efforts to get H.R. 3012 pass.

This is very important for us so that we can put in more resources in advocacy to ensure success. Your support counts a lot in this action item and we need this one urgently.

Contribution to Immigration Voice
Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 4 – Make Phone Calls to House Judiciary Committee members

When : Tuesday (10/11) onwards - Federal Government is closed today because of Columbus Day

This is a very critical action item. Every IV member should call the members of the House Judiciary Committee to urge support for H.R 3012. We need to make a few thousand calls over the next few days leading up to the mark-up of the bill (coming Thu/Fri). Phone numbers for each of the offices are provided at the end of the post.

a) Call each office number listed below. Say that – “I am calling to request support for H.R 3012 and would like to speak with the staffer who handles Immigration.”

b) Talk to the staffer or leave a Voice Mail using the specific text below.

Use the following text for all offices EXCEPT Rep.Lamar Smith,Rep. Jason Chaffetz and Rep. Zoe Lofgren

"My name is ___ and I am a member of Immigration Voice - a grass-roots group comprising 70,000 legal and highly skilled immigrants.

I would like Representative "Representative Name" to support H.R - 3012 - Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act. As you may know, this bill already has wide bipartisan support.

H.R. 3012 will boost job creation and innovation in the U.S. through a technical fix that will remove per-country limits for high-skilled applicants in the employment-based green card system.

At the same time, this fix will also drastically reduce the wait times for highly skilled applicants like me who are currently looking at wait times of anywhere between 10 to 30 years to get my green card. I am counting on Congressman’s/Congresswoman’s support for H.R 3012."

For Congressman Lamar Smith and Congressman Chaffetz Office, say the following

“My name is ___ and I am a member of Immigration Voice - a grass-roots group comprising legal and highly skilled immigrants.

I am calling to thank Representative Smith / Representative Chaffetz for introducing H.R-3012 which will bring fairness to the employment-based green card system by removing per-country limitations. I thank Rep.Smith/Rep.Chaffetz for his outstanding leadership on this issue and for being a champion of legal, high-skilled immigrants like me. I am also calling offices of other House Judiciary Committee members to request support for H.R 3012.”

For Rep.Lofgren’s office, say the following

“My name is ___ and I am a member of Immigration Voice - a grass-roots group comprising legal and highly skilled immigrants.

I am calling to thank Rep. Lofgren for being a champion of legal, high-skilled immigrants and for her long-standing leadership on the issue of reducing green card backlogs. I am aware that Rep. Lofgren has introduced several bills in the past to reduce the backlogs including the recent H.R-3119 - Protecting American Families and Businesses Act of 2011.

I am calling to request the Congresswoman to co-sponsor H.R-3012, which is a similar bill and is a great first step to reducing green card backlogs. H.R 3012 will remove per-country limits in allotment of high-skilled green cards and will help up to a million applicants like me who are stuck in queue for close to a decade. I will deeply appreciate Rep. Lofgren’s support and look forward to her co-sponsorship of this bill.”

Additional Notes to keep in mind:

Note 1 - If asked that do you represent any organization? Tell to the aide that You are Grassroots leader at Immigration Voice.

Note 2 - To Democratic offices only, please make sure you add this line in the end
"The bill also increases the per-country limits in the family-based system in order to reduce wait times for family-based green card applicants who have also been facing huge application backlogs"

Note 3 - Please speak slowly and clearly and focus only on the above message. DO NOT mention CIR, undocumented immigrants or H1B/I-485/EAD/AP/PD etc since those are completely separate topics or the lawmakers offices are not familiar with these acronyms. If the aide is confused with any of those topics, be sure to clarify that you are calling to seek support for HR-3012 dealing with green cards for the highly skilled legal immigrants.

Note 4 - IF the aide asks whether you belong to the district or not, tell them NO if you don't. Add the following -
"I have already spoken with my representative but, in addition, would like the support of the Congressman/Congresswoman. The Congressman/Congresswoman is a prominent member of House Judiciary Committee which makes him/her a national figure of great importance. The Congressman's/Congresswoman’s decision and support for H.R 3012 is therefore very important for high-skilled immigrants across the U.S "

Note 5 - In case you are asked any other questions, the background provided in the main post should help you answer any high-level questions but if you are not sure how to answer a particular question, mention that you will be happy to circle back with that office with the answer asap.

Quote:

Here are the Phone numbers of the Members of Congress in House Judiciary Committee for Action Item# 4

Republican
Rep.Lamar Smith [TX, 21st District] - 202-225-4236
Rep.Jason Chaffetz [UT, 3rd District] - 202-225-7751
Rep.Bob Goodlatte [VA, 6th District] - 202-225-5431
Rep. Elton Gallegly [CA – 24th District] - 202-225-5811
Rep.Steve Chabot [OH, 1st District]- 202-225-2216
Rep.Darrell Issa [CA, 49th District] - 202-225-3906
Rep.James Sensenbrenner [WI, 5th District] - 202-225-5101
Rep. Howard Coble [NC, 6th District] - 202-225-3065
Rep.Daniel Lungren [CA, 3rd District] - 202-225-5716
Rep.Mike Pence [IN, 6th District] - 202-225-3021
Rep.Randy Forbes [VA, 4th District]- 202-225-6365
Rep.Trent Franks [AZ-2nd District] - 202-225-4576
Rep.Louie Gohmert [TX, 1st District] - 202-225-3035
Rep.Jim Jordan [OH, 4th District] - 202-225-2676
Rep.Ted Poe [TX, 2nd District] - 202-225-6565
Rep.Tim Griffin [AR, 2nd District] - 202-225-2506
Rep.Tom Marino [PA, 10th District] - 202-225-3731
Rep.Trey Gowdy [SC, 4th District] - 202-225-6030
Rep.Dennis Ross [FL, 12th District] - 202-225-1252
Rep.Sandy Adams [FL, 24th District] - 202-225-2706
Rep.Ben Quayle [AZ, 3rd District] - 202-225-3361
Rep. Mark Amodei [NV, 2nd District] - 202-225-6155

Democrat
Rep.Zoe Lofgren [CA, 16th District] - 202-225-3072
Rep.Pedro Pierluisi [Puerto Rico] - 202-225-2615
Rep.John Conyers [MI, 14th District] - 202-225-5126
Rep.Howard Berman [CA, 28th District] - 202-225-4695
Rep.Jerold Nadler [NY, 8th District] - 202-225-5635
Rep.Robert Scott [VA, 3rd District] - 202-225-8351
Rep.Mel Watt [NC, 12th District] - 202-225-1510
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee [TX, 18th District] - 202-225-3816
Rep.Maxine Waters [CA, 25th District] - 202-225-2201
Rep.Steve Cohen [TN, 9th District] - 202-225-3265
Rep.Henry Johnson [GA, 4th District] - 202-225-1605
Rep.Mike Quigley [IL, 5th District] - 202-225-4061
Rep. Judy Chu [CA, 32nd District] - 202-225-5464
Rep.Ted Deutch [FL, 19th District] - 202-225-3001
Rep.Linda Sanchez [CA, 39th District] - 202-225-6676
Quote:
ACTION ITEM # 5

When : Tuesday (10/11) onwards - Federal Government is closed today because of Columbus Day

After you have completed the action items above, to help us monitor our phone volumes and where we need to put in more effort, please fill out the Grassroots Feedback Form (below).

Grass Roots Effort - Feedback Form

Last edited by Administrator2; 10-16-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

17 out of 17 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Please post this on your facebook, twitter, other forums etc and try to spread the word. We need participation in several hundred thousands in these action items. For all those who used to say, what is IV doing for backlogged applicants and that there are hundreds of thousands backlogged applicants......

This is your chance to show that we are a huge population of backlogged folks desperate for immediate relief.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Please post on this thread when you have completed any action items. All action items listed above are very important and urgent for our success.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Completed Action Item1 & 2. Will do the 3 tomorrow

Completed Action Item1 & 2. Will do the 3 tomorrow

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Done!!

Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Please post on this thread when you have completed any action items. All action items listed above are very important and urgent for our success.
completed 1 and 2. 3 tomorrow.

Pappu - can you format action item 3 a little bit so it's easy to read...now it's just one long para.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute
Default awesome job

Awesome collection of action items. Thanks for the guidance

Actions 1 and 2 took less than a minute.
Will start Action item 3 tommorow morning as advised.
action 4 - compelted the IV survey for team to track
action 5 - contributing now.

folks - this is the time for us to UNITE and get HR 3012. Based on the other update, we had IV members like you and me go all the way to DC to attend meetings on our behalf. so the least we can do is complete these action items and support IV to help us get out of this endless wait!!
GO IV!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Items #1 & #2...

completed!!

Go IV!

Old 10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute actaccord has a reputation beyond repute

Completed 1 & 2
Will do #3 tomorrow

Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute Hopeful567 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action Items

Contacted legislators and newspapers in PA. (#1 and # 2)

Will complete action item # 3 tomorrow.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of geve has much to be proud of

Completed Action Items 1 & 2

Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute Rajeev has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action items 1&2 completed

Done

Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute tsnaresh has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Completed 1 & 2

Completed the action items 1 & 2. Great job in making it very simple to complete the action items (simple click throughs). Go IV GO!!!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
onthelines will become famous soon enough

Done with Action Item 1 and 2. Will work on 3 first thing tomorrow morning.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute cnag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done

Done

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread