Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute realizeit has a reputation beyond repute
Default ACTION ITEM: For Bill S. 1085

Folks, the following is an action item encouraged by the ASIAN AMERICAN JUSTICE CENTER, for the passage of the bill S. 1085 (which includes Employment based Visa Recapture and other positive provisions).

Link to their website:
http://www.advancingequality.org/reu...ies_act_alert/

The following is the quote from their website:

There are three QUICK ACTIONS you can DO TODAY to support family unity:

1. Thank Senators Menendez, Gillibrand and Kennedy for their support of immigrant families.
2. Call NOW to urge your senators to support the Reuniting Families Act! Contact the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to be directly connected to your senators.
3. Forward this message to 10 friends immediately and urge them to participate.

Together we can restore the broken immigration system and help families everywhere realize the American Dream! Thank you for your support.

FOLKS, LET'S PARTICIPATE IN THIS INITIATIVE TO MAKE IT A SUCCESS.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 01:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts
Default Oppurtunity is knocking

Thanks for the link.
This is indeed a very good opportunity for all the retrogressed folks from India, China and ROW (for EB3).

First we have a huge amount of support from Asian, Hispanic and Phillipines community for FB visa recapture and if we lend our support this can be a sure shot thing.

I am not sure what IV plan's are but it looks like a good opportunity to reach out to all the supporters of the bill and join hands (or lend our support).

Hispanic Caucus will surely support this (even though in past they have pushed for CIR)

If this bill is passed
1. we can see the USCIS backlog (200K) disappear really fast. Most of the people in this forum will be green.
2. Lot of folks (waiting) will be able to file 485.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realizeit View Post
Folks, the following is an action item encouraged by the ASIAN AMERICAN JUSTICE CENTER, for the passage of the bill S. 1085 (which includes Employment based Visa Recapture and other positive provisions).

Link to their website:
http://www.advancingequality.org/reu...ies_act_alert/

The following is the quote from their website:

There are three QUICK ACTIONS you can DO TODAY to support family unity:

1. Thank Senators Menendez, Gillibrand and Kennedy for their support of immigrant families.
2. Call NOW to urge your senators to support the Reuniting Families Act! Contact the Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121 to be directly connected to your senators.
3. Forward this message to 10 friends immediately and urge them to participate.

Together we can restore the broken immigration system and help families everywhere realize the American Dream! Thank you for your support.

FOLKS, LET'S PARTICIPATE IN THIS INITIATIVE TO MAKE IT A SUCCESS.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute prem_goel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Great bill if it gets through

I read the bill, it really is going to help. the good thing here is that it addresses both family based and employment based. Usually the senators freak out seeing employment based immigration but I guess wrapping it up with a family based flavor might just work this time.

It has been referred to the senate judiciary committe. I went there and found the senator from my state CA. I've gone to her website and e-mailed her requesting support for this bill.

We should put all our energy in making sure this gets great visibility. As has been rightly said, it'll make a lot of people green in this forum.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow It doesn't hurt....

it's only for awareness...to catch a glimpse of 'yet to acknowledge' people.
I think two are...ok., 3 would definitely be plenty