Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
vkraman7 will become famous soon enough vkraman7 will become famous soon enough
Arrow Atleast Try

Predicting whether something will come out of this effort or not is not a reason to not try. As long as everyone in this forum knows that this is the right thing to do, we should try regardless of the outcome. Atleast we know that the law of averages catches up with everyone. Hopefully this time for the betterment of the immigration process.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
vkraman7 will become famous soon enough vkraman7 will become famous soon enough
Arrow

Predicting whether something will come out of this effort or not is not a reason to not try. As long as everyone in this forum knows that this is the right thing to do, we should try regardless of the outcome. Atleast we know that the law of averages catches up with everyone. Hopefully this time for the betterment of the immigration process.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RajahRajah is a jewel in the rough RajahRajah is a jewel in the rough RajahRajah is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkannan View Post
In the past couple of years, there is always some news or the other to keep the hopes of the Legal immigrants, but at the end all they get is Dis-appointment, esp., whenever a bill is being discussed, we as a community expose it too much by discussing it in the forums....which ultimately feeds as inputs to the anti-immi groups.
Yes all is certainly lost. Someone will ferret out any recapture plans and politicize it to their own advantage and our disadvantage. There really is no hope, nothing but despair and heartbreak in our future.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In the past couple of years, there is always some news or the other to keep the hopes of the Legal immigrants, but at the end all they get is Dis-appointment, esp., whenever a bill is being discussed, we as a community expose it too much by discussing it in the forums....which ultimately feeds as inputs to the anti-immi groups.

I am not sure or for that matter even Ron G. is not sure about the information he has provided, Atleast for once lets try as a community not to discuss anything on the visa recapture. If the bill is not included as discussed atleast you will not be too much dis-appointed.

I hope the OP takes this message in a positive sense and delete this thread, if he could.
If you followed these bills in the past , it was not the anti-immi groups that derailed these bills (though they did oppose).
It was actually the Hispanic Caucus that held these bills hostage unless they get CIR.

Last edited by go_guy123; 09-15-2009 at 08:52 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dumb for Anti Immigrants to block recapture

Quote:

I am not sure or for that matter even Ron G. is not sure about the information he has provided, Atleast for once lets try as a community not to discuss anything on the visa recapture. If the bill is not included as discussed atleast you will not be too much dis-appointed.

I hope the OP takes this message in a positive sense and delete this thread, if he could.
This post is meant for any Anti Immigrant who happens to read this post.
Here is why it would be dumb for Anti Immigrant Groups to try to stop recapture bill.

Reasons:

1) EB community waiting in I-485 stage poses no threat to anti-immigrants. They have already been in the same jobs for the last decade. In fact they may leave their low positions to move to higher positions after GC... making way for more jobs at the entry level.

2) If they can show patience sooner or later the EB community will get a GC anyway. so it is a waste of Anti immigrant effort to put blocks in the recapture process.

3) EB community members may start businesses and create new jobs. (I know someone who has already incorporated a company but is waiting for GC before going gung ho. From what I know of his business model he will atleast employ 10 people).

4) Anti groups do not stand to gain by EB community stagnating in their work positions.

5) EB community will buy houses and bring some relief to housing once they get GCs.

6) Some of them may even go for higher degrees, full time education. Leaving their jobs.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about
Default definition & facts

anti-immi = dumb.
90% are ... so they will block anything that has "visa" on it
Pew research corporation poll shows that 99% antis do not carry credit/debit cards from Visa corporation

Old 09-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskrishna View Post
anti-immi = dumb.
90% are ... so they will block anything that has "visa" on it
Pew research corporation poll shows that 99% antis do not carry credit/debit cards from Visa corporation
the problem is the high unemployment ..even the USCIS's goal seem to be more RFE's everywhere.
if it is a small bill then it may pass but anything big will have massive backlash. so probability of any bill passage is a small percent. I think having a strong plan B is a must for everyone stuck in this muck

Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

gcdreamer05,

We are on top of things and are in constant touch with the key decision makers. We did not request IV members to make any phone calls because there is no action on the ground which requires such a move. If I could just have say it as it is - we are not in the business of capturing website traffic or attention just for heck of it. As you maybe aware, every resource available to the immigrant community has its own different purpose and goal. Its not our job to judge the objective of each resource available to the community. However, we do think that random phone calls without actually backing up any specific intel on the ground is a waste of time, and may even hurt the cause. Also, visa recapture discussion is fake because given the situation, its not going to happen outside of CIR, unless CIR is defeated or unless the administration decides to abandon CIR.

IV sends out clear request for our members with a well defined message and objective. Please participate in the action item to meet with the lawmakers in your area. Things are moving along on the immigration bill and its waiting for the conclusion of the healthcare debate. As time will progress, we will all witness increased rhetoric by anti groups. The question is, who amongst us is ready to respond with more vigor, and stand up to the challenge when it counts.

It is very unlikely or almost no chance for the CR to contain any provision from the immigration bill. On the web, different sites cut and paste from many other sites. Its good because it helps to create awareness. Although we careful watch the information available on web, we rely on the first hand intel we gather on the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 View Post
Guys are you all sure we are not missing something in not helping or in not lobbying to call our senators and to ask them to support visa recapture.

Look at other immigration site, surely there is something happening, i am posting links to many sites please see...

talking about visa recapture
talking about the appropriation legislation

09/15/2009: Expiring Immigration Programs and Potential Option for Legislation as Part of Continuing Resolution to Fund Federal Government Pending FY 2010 Appropriation Legislation

The House is continuously experiencing delays in taking up the FY 2010 DHS Appropriation Act conference process, keeping the stakeholder agencies and involved customers of the expiriring immigrations programs on the edge. Accordingly, it thus appears that the Congress and the stakerholder agencies and consumers are switching gears and working on an alternative option to pass the immigration program extension legislation as an attachment to the continuing resolution which the Congress will definitely have to pass before October 1, 2009 to prevent a complete shut-d6wn of the federal government. However, it is uncertain whether the continuing resolution will cover all three expiring immigration programs or only one or two. Report indicates that the USCIS appears to be working with the Congress to push for extension of E-verify program as an attachment to the continuing resolution pending the FY 2010 DHS Appropriation legislation such that the ongoing e-verify program, particularly federal contractor mandatory e-verify program, be not distrupted. Read on.

IV has done so much in the past for july fiasco, IV core are we really missing this opportunity !!!

If one attorney is posting then it may be for their self interest , but why is everyone talking about this.

Last edited by pappu; 09-16-2009 at 02:28 AM.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold gcdreamer05 is a splendid one to behold
Default Thanks for the reply

Thanks pappu for the reply.

I was trying to provide info alone from other sites.

I am sure IV core would have more insight on this than me.