Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
statuslaw is on a distinguished road
Default Job title is different, any problem in visa interview?

Hello:

I will go for my H1-b visa interview. I found that my job title is Chemical Engineer in the H1-b (I129 H) petition letter from my employer. However, in my offer letter, my job title is Research Engineer.

I have two majors: computer science and mathematics. The position is in a chemical engineering lab of a company. The job content is doing computer simulation, programming, mathematical modeling, and possible doing some experiments in chemical engineering. Actually, the position needs my background in computer science and mathematics. But the job title (Chemical Engineer) is different to my majors and will confuse visa officer. Any problem in my visa interview???

Thanks in advance!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

May not be an exact answer and also I am not trying to scare you. There are some job titles that are being sent for Security Checks. I am not sure whether Chemical Engineer is one of them, but please do some research while going for interview. My 2 cents.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00

Old 12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mickynijhawan is on a distinguished road

I recently got my stamping done with different title than on I-129. No issues at all.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vagopinaath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuslaw View Post
Hello:

I will go for my H1-b visa interview. I found that my job title is Chemical Engineer in the H1-b (I129 H) petition letter from my employer. However, in my offer letter, my job title is Research Engineer.

I have two majors: computer science and mathematics. The position is in a chemical engineering lab of a company. The job content is doing computer simulation, programming, mathematical modeling, and possible doing some experiments in chemical engineering. Actually, the position needs my background in computer science and mathematics. But the job title (Chemical Engineer) is different to my majors and will confuse visa officer. Any problem in my visa interview???

Thanks in advance!
Shouldn't be a problem. If they ask for it, explain them clearly.

Labor RIR : Apr 2004
I140 : Approved
I485/I765/I131 Receipt : Not received
I485/I765/I131 LUD : Oct 9, 2007 LUD Oct 11, 2007
FP : done
AP : Not received

Old 12-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jotv is infamous around these parts jotv is infamous around these parts
Default documents help

hai all,

you told that your visa stamping is over. but my friend is going for stamping in chennai. employer didn't send offer letter/client letter and project description letters .but he sent tax returns and photos along with h1 papers.

but from the same company another person has gone to chennai consulate .he dont have even tax returns and photos. he got 221g . later company has sent that documents( what was mentioned by interview officer in 221g) to that person. now his stamping is over.

now employer is suggesting to go for interview now because you have tax returns and photos and if anything interview officer needs i will send to you like that he is telling to my friend. because employer cant guess what documents interview person will ask in interview. thats the reason.

is it ok? or what else are needed for first time coming to usa on h1 for going to chennai consulate interview ? please give me response as soon as possible because friend have interview on january 2nd.

thank you for all.

Last edited by jotv; 12-27-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold
Default Join IV

Please ask your friends to join IV and contribute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotv View Post
hai all,

you told that your visa stamping is over. but my friend is going for stamping in chennai. employer didn't send offer letter/client letter and project description letters .but he sent tax returns and photos along with h1 papers.

but from the same company another person has gone to chennai consulate .he dont have even tax returns and photos. he got 221g . later company has sent that documents( what was mentioned by interview officer in 221g) to that person. now his stamping is over.

now employer is suggesting to go for interview now because you have tax returns and photos and if anything interview officer needs i will send to you like that he is telling to my friend. because employer cant guess what documents interview person will ask in interview. thats the reason.

is it ok? or what else are needed for first time coming to usa on h1 for going to chennai consulate interview ? please give me response as soon as possible because friend have interview on january 2nd.

thank you for all.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jotv is infamous around these parts jotv is infamous around these parts
Default ya sure

ya sure and thank you for your reply. that company has nearly 50 members and more than from 10 years that company is here. and my friend have the experience of some other country also. employer explained about project actually he have that project for my friend. but like a letters offer/client/internal project letters he dont have. please suggest .and thank you in advance.

Last edited by jotv; 12-27-2007 at 06:51 PM.