Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough

If youe company is willing to give you a refenrence with your new job title you should go fo it...
For my H1b related documents I sent H1b stampped, 1-94, 1797 noticed approval, extension. For my job title I chose NOC2171 even though I am currently sr software engineer because some of the job duties match the duties of the NOC. I was approved with no problem
BTW for job description I sent the letter used for my lawyer to get the H1b extension/chage of employer.

I did not have any problem with the apporval of the pre-assessment.

I hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
Thanks. I have another question for you and those who have already submitted documents for pre-assessment OR for the actual Alberta PNP nomination.

When my H1-B was applied, my job title was Operations Research Analyst, but I have been doing a lot of work which is normally done by Business Systems Analyst. My supervisor is ready to write an employment reference letter with either job title (but with my actual job responsibilities).

Do you think I should go with my H1-B job title or with the new job title (systems analyst) that reflects what I actually do in my company?

Have you sent any H1-B related documents other than 1-94 and approval notice? As far as I know, both of those docs do not have our job title listed there, right?. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough

For the prea-ssessment and Provincial Nomination you do not need any photos... if you already have the nomination then you'll need to send the photos to CIC but they'll let you know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani_r1 View Post
Friends,

How many photos we we need to send? The instruction sheet says 2. So do have to glue one photo in IMM 0008 and send another 2 photos as well?

Thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default I sent my photos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegarcia View Post
For the prea-ssessment and Provincial Nomination you do not need any photos... if you already have the nomination then you'll need to send the photos to CIC but they'll let you know about it.
I didn't realize that photographs weren't supposed to be sent for AINP application. Anyways, I suppose there is no harm in sending photo.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
mani_r1 is infamous around these parts
Default Pre Assessment

Quote:
What is preassessment.? I thought its done on my case. I have send some documents some months ago for preassessment and then I got an invitation letter that has 2 - 3 forms that needs to be filled. One of them is IMM 0008 and then somethign else I think that starts with ANN 0003. Which one of these is preassessment. I thought I am supposed to send all of these.

Thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Pre-assessment is the first step of the Strategic Recruitment Stream pilot program introduced by alberta for H1b holders.
If you receive an invitation to apply to AINP it means that your pre-assessment was already approved. You might have already received a package with instructions and forms to be filled up. Some of the forms are for the CIC process to get the PR and you are supposed to provide copies of them to Alberta in order to process the provincial nomination. Once approved you'll send the original CIC forms to your visa office (Buffalo, etc..).
Alberta is not expecting you to include your photos however if you did that, I do not think it will cause any problem.

See the link below for details

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...tefaq.html#10a

Quote:
What is preassessment.? I thought its done on my case. I have send some documents some months ago for preassessment and then I got an invitation letter that has 2 - 3 forms that needs to be filled. One of them is IMM 0008 and then somethign else I think that starts with ANN 0003. Which one of these is preassessment. I thought I am supposed to send all of these.

Thanks

Old 10-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
mani_r1 is infamous around these parts
Default Thats great information

Quote:
Pre-assessment is the first step of the Strategic Recruitment Stream pilot program introduced by alberta for H1b holders.
If you receive an invitation to apply to AINP it means that your pre-assessment was already approved. You might have already received a package with instructions and forms to be filled up. Some of the forms are for the CIC process to get the PR and you are supposed to provide copies of them to Alberta in order to process the provincial nomination. Once approved you'll send the original CIC forms to your visa office (Buffalo, etc..).
Alberta is not expecting you to include your photos however if you did that, I do not think it will cause any problem.

See the link below for details

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...tefaq.html#10a
Thanks a lot. I was really thinking I need to fill it out glue the photos and send all of them with one more copy. So I will send it out without the photos but with the copies of CIC forms (IMM 0008). Does that sound right?

Thanks

Last edited by mani_r1; 10-07-2008 at 06:19 PM.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Yellow packet???

Quote:

Thanks
After positive pre-assessment, you should have received AINP Nominee application invitation letter along with few forms. Send those forms along with requested documents to address mentioned therein. AFAIK, one of them was IMM0008. Also, there must be green colored sticker with some number on it, to be pasted on envelope.

Last edited by ndbhatt; 10-07-2008 at 09:14 PM.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shyamiv is just really nice shyamiv is just really nice shyamiv is just really nice shyamiv is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbhatt View Post
After positive pre-assessment, you should have received AINP Nominee application invitation letter along with few forms. Send those forms along with requested documents to address mentioned therein. AFAIK, one of them was IMM0008. Also, there must be green colored sticker with some number on it, to be pasted on envelope.
I got a following email and need help replying...
In order to proceed with your application we require the following:

Job description (job duties) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta (please consult the list for occupations and National Occupation Classification (NOC) number ..

All i can provide them is the LCA copy which is for the application programmer..however my title in co is Consultant. Please help how should i reply to this ?

Thank you !!

Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamiv View Post
I got a following email and need help replying...
In order to proceed with your application we require the following:

Job description (job duties) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta (please consult the list for occupations and National Occupation Classification (NOC) number ..

All i can provide them is the LCA copy which is for the application programmer..however my title in co is Consultant. Please help how should i reply to this ?

Thank you !!
You may want to refer the list of occupations on the list and see if there is closest to Application programmer. What does your resume in LCA packet read? I just sent a copy of same since I didn't want to rock my boat with current employer by asking for copy of my job description.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Well that's a good question... but I am the wrong subject I believe that if Alberta does homework they'll check with USCIS however I am not pretty sure at what stage since I do not know how is the process on their end.

I am also processing my green card, I've been 7 years in US. I had LC approved by backlog center... I changed jobs...filed a PERM and was caught in Audit ... it is being pending for more than a year... with all the delays I might get a green card in 4+years...... if my AINP comes through I will be 6-12 months away from the Canadian PR.... so I do not have to think to much about it.....
Once AINP is approved I'll try to find a job offer and go to work with temporarily work permit until the PR is approved... welll at least that is the best case scenario )

Sorry I am not of too much help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil68 View Post
For Ingegarcia

Do you know at what stage, AINP will contact USCIS for getting info- on H1-B details? I have my pre-asessment done and need to send them back bunch of forms they sent me. Does it mean they have already got that info? Since my GC is being processed, do you think AINP's contacting USCIS will affect that process? USCIS might think I am not interested? Also what exact H1-B details AINP will be looking to get from USCIS? Thanks.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Don2 is on a distinguished road
Default Any suggestions for a good lawyer or is it a DIY project

All,
Hello everyone, I must mention that this thread has been very very helpful in getting to know stuff about the Alberta H1b program. I have recently been suggested to go for this option by one of the lawyer firms that i happened to call randomly. While he did mention some of the firm history and all that, i needed suggestions on which would be a good firm to get help from for this process. Please feel free to suggest the names of any lawyer firms that you have received services from and have been good/helpful and accomodating in the process.
And FYI, the lawyer that i called asked for a 3K fees for his services (apart from the government fees). Is it too much cos i have heard the federal process costs around 2K.
All firm recommendations with an approx cost involved are welcome.

Appreciate it

Old 10-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don2 View Post
All,
Hello everyone, I must mention that this thread has been very very helpful in getting to know stuff about the Alberta H1b program. I have recently been suggested to go for this option by one of the lawyer firms that i happened to call randomly. While he did mention some of the firm history and all that, i needed suggestions on which would be a good firm to get help from for this process. Please feel free to suggest the names of any lawyer firms that you have received services from and have been good/helpful and accomodating in the process.
And FYI, the lawyer that i called asked for a 3K fees for his services (apart from the government fees). Is it too much cos i have heard the federal process costs around 2K.
All firm recommendations with an approx cost involved are welcome.

Appreciate it
You dont need a lawyer for canadian immigration. I did it myself. Its easy.

Last edited by go_guy123; 10-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nixone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If youe company is willing to give you a refenrence with your new job title you should go fo it...
For my H1b related documents I sent H1b stampped, 1-94, 1797 noticed approval, extension. For my job title I chose NOC2171 even though I am currently sr software engineer because some of the job duties match the duties of the NOC. I was approved with no problem
BTW for job description I sent the letter used for my lawyer to get the H1b extension/chage of employer.

I did not have any problem with the apporval of the pre-assessment.

I hope this helps!
Thank you so much. You have been very helpful. I got a reference letter with my new job title (Business Systems Analyst). I e-mailed the letter and other documents for pre-assessment yesterday (10/10/08). Hopefully I will receive a positive assessment soon.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Don2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
You dont need a lawyer for canadian immigration. I did it myself. Its easy.
Can someone post the link to download forms for the "AINP h1b" program. I found all the forms that require an employer but none on the latest AINP h1b stategic recruitment program.

Kindly advise.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2008
Compare
gcobsessed has a spectacular aura about gcobsessed has a spectacular aura about gcobsessed has a spectacular aura about
Default Good info

This has been a useful thread.

I intend to attend the information session about immigration to Alberta in New York this coming Tuesday. If anyone has generic questions that will benefit everyone let me know and I will try to get the answers and post here.