Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
nixone will become famous soon enough
Default

I am not even sure if this program has already started or if anybody has already applied through this route. When you go to Albertacanada.com, you will see all the immigration programs they are offering and this H1B route is not even mentioned anywhere. It seems like they are just checking how many H1Bs are going to be interested.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #62 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 192
ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute ndbhatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response to PNP pre-assessment application

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazishak View Post
When they are talking about fast-track Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program they don't talk about the time line. Did they mention anywhere how long it takes to process such a case?
Hi Hazishak, here is the response to my pre-assessment application
===
Dear XYZ;

Thank you for submitting these documents. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) Office will assess your application.

Given a positive pre-assessment, the AINP Office will send you an application package, and an invitation letter to apply for the AINP. Normally, AINP pre-assessments and invitations to apply are taking up to 50 working days to process.

Once you have completed all the necessary AINP/CIC forms, you will send your application package back to the AINP Office, whereby they will process your AINP application. Completed AINP applications can take up to 30 - 60 days to process before a positive nomination certificate is issued.

Once you have received a positive nomination and AINP certificate, the AINP Office will instruct you on how to proceed for the second phase of the process for permanent residence, which is processed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The second phase of the process with CIC can take 6 - 12 months.

Please visit the following Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for more information on the immigration process once you have received a positive AINP nomination http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...cial/index.asp

Kindly do not call or email us to check on the status of your application, as this will increase our processing times of applications.

If you should require additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Foreign Worker Hotline at 1-780-427-6419 or Toll free from within Alberta 1-877-427-6419 or email us at immigration.info@gov.ab.ca .

Thank you for your interest in moving to Alberta.

Regards,

Gingie

Economic Immigration Specialist
Alberta Employment and Immigration
===
Pre-assessment : 50 days ~ 2 months
AINP nomination certificate : 30 - 60 days ~ 2 months
Process for permanent residence : 6 - 12 months

Happy path for permanent residence should take anywhere between 8 - 16 months.
I think the process time will change depending on the response from H1Bs.

I hope this helps.

Nik

Last edited by ndbhatt; 08-01-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Time estimate for Canadian PR range.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #63 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 86
punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about punjabi77 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Those who are on h1B and havent applied for GC, should definitly try for Canadian PR. Job market in Canada is not that bad but you will find competition as people are ready to work at lower wages than in US.. Only -ve factor is the weather and the taxes. If you move to Alberta, it has less tax than any other province.
I have got my PR and my 485 is filed. I did get a job offer from Canadian company but did not move as i thought i shud give GC some more time and if nothing happens in the next 3 years, then will plan on moving.

I am very confident that Alberta, specifically Calgary and Edmonton, is going to develop a lot bcos of Oil and Gas, but there are other better things in US that kept me from going to Canada.

Getting Citizenship in Canada is much easier, u will get it in 4 years, after living there for consecutive 3 years.

Then u can work freely in US or Canada and enjoy the benefit of Canadian medical too if something adverse happenss..

Also, earlier, only Quebec and one or two more province allowed provincial immigration. But it seems because of shortage of labor, most of the province are allowing it. And not to mention, Alberta would be the best place to settle down.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #64 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 149
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Default

Not for SW engineers, however similar jobs are available for IT...
0213 - Computer and Information systems Manager
2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
Just FYI,

This immigration program offered in Alberta is not available to Software Engineers. Apparently, it would seem a number of SEs have already moved there as they are not facing shortage of employment in that area.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #65 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 149
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Default

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...aigns/h1b.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
I am not even sure if this program has already started or if anybody has already applied through this route. When you go to Albertacanada.com, you will see all the immigration programs they are offering and this H1B route is not even mentioned anywhere. It seems like they are just checking how many H1Bs are going to be interested.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #66 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
nixone will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndbhatt View Post
Pre-assessment : 50 days ~ 2 months
AINP nomination certificate : 30 - 60 days ~ 2 months
Process for permanent residence : 6 - 12 months

Happy path for permanent residence should take anywhere between 8 - 16 months.
I think the process time will change depending on the response from H1Bs.

I hope this helps.

Nik
Nik, would you please help me how you answered the following questions on that one-page form?

15. For what occupation was your US visa issued and for which visa category (H1B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3)?
Operations Research Analyst and H1B (I do not have a visa, it is the status changed from F-1)

16. How long have you been working in the US under the visa category indicated above?
10 months (I know I need to wait until Oct 08)

17. Is your occupation on the Regional Occupations Under Pressure list for Alberta? �� Yes �� No
Here is the problem. If I say YES the title above is not on the list. If I say NO, my job duties fall under Systems Analyst and it is on the list--job code 2171.

I really want to apply and I want to move to Canada. This is not a backup plan. I want this more than US GC. What should I do? Thanks for your time and help.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #67 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
nixone will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegarcia View Post
That url has been posted here a few times already and I am aware of that. What I was trying to say is, if you go here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/, you will see various immigration programs offered by Alberta Govt, but H1B route has not been discussed anywhere and no direct link found on that page or at least I did not find one.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #68 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 149
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Default

My H1b was approved for Senior Software Engineer and I applied to alberta as 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants

My asssement was approved today and I'll be applying for PNP in a couple of weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
Nik, would you please help me how you answered the following questions on that one-page form?

15. For what occupation was your US visa issued and for which visa category (H1B, H1-B1, H-1C, E-3)?
Operations Research Analyst and H1B (I do not have a visa, it is the status changed from F-1)

16. How long have you been working in the US under the visa category indicated above?
10 months (I know I need to wait until Oct 08)

17. Is your occupation on the Regional Occupations Under Pressure list for Alberta? �� Yes �� No
Here is the problem. If I say YES the title above is not on the list. If I say NO, my job duties fall under Systems Analyst and it is on the list--job code 2171.

I really want to apply and I want to move to Canada. This is not a backup plan. I want this more than US GC. What should I do? Thanks for your time and help.

Last edited by ingegarcia; 08-01-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #69 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 149
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Default

My guess is that this program is something that they can shutdown any time... In this case they do have to remove any reference in their website..


Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
That url has been posted here a few times already and I am aware of that. What I was trying to say is, if you go here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/, you will see various immigration programs offered by Alberta Govt, but H1B route has not been discussed anywhere and no direct link found on that page or at least I did not find one.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #70 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Chiwere will become famous soon enough Chiwere will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegarcia View Post
My H1b was approved for Senior Software Engineer and I applied to alberta as 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants

My asssement was approved today and I'll be applying for PNP in a couple of weeks.
ingegarcia, How long does it take for the assessment to come through? I just submitted via email today.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #71 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 149
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiwere View Post
ingegarcia, How long does it take for the assessment to come through? I just submitted via email today.
Mine took a little less than 3 months I guess due to it was one of thwe first ones... however more recent cases are taken around 1 month.....
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #72 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 78
nixone will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegarcia View Post
My H1b was approved for Senior Software Engineer and I applied to alberta as 2171 - Information Systems Analysts and Consultants

My asssement was approved today and I'll be applying for PNP in a couple of weeks.
How did you know that it was approved? Did they send you an e-mail or you have already received an application package? What job title did you put on the form, Sr. Software Engineer or Sr. Systems Analyst?

When you will send the actual PNP application, how are you going to prove that your work falls under job code 2171 when your H1B LCA and other documents will show that you are Senior Software Engineer? This is something I need figure out before I send my one page form back to them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #73 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Colombia
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 149
ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough ingegarcia is a jewel in the rough
Default

I received an email saying that pre-assessment had been approved and that I would receive a package in a couple of weeks. However this does not seem to happen in all the cases.

In my job title I put senior software engineer since all my documents have it... job description, h1b.. however when they asked for documents they said "Proof of your current employment (and job description) and how it applies to the Regional Occupations Under Pressure List in Alberta "

So I decided to do a small essay.. 1 paragraph stating the similarities of my current position and the chosen NOC description
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixone View Post
How did you know that it was approved? Did they send you an e-mail or you have already received an application package? What job title did you put on the form, Sr. Software Engineer or Sr. Systems Analyst?

When you will send the actual PNP application, how are you going to prove that your work falls under job code 2171 when your H1B LCA and other documents will show that you are Senior Software Engineer? This is something I need figure out before I send my one page form back to them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #74 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 69
Chiwere will become famous soon enough Chiwere will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingegarcia View Post
Mine took a little less than 3 months I guess due to it was one of thwe first ones... however more recent cases are taken around 1 month.....
Thanks, I just received an email from an "Economic Immigration Specialist" asking me to fax/email copies of Passport/H1B etc.
Whatever happens from here they are at least responsive and courteous.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #75 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 322
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of
Default Is it mandatory to have an offer from Alberta Employer to apply ?

Hi,
Is it mandatory to have an offer letter from Alberta based companies in order to apply for Canadian GC through Alberta?

Any help is appreciated.

Also, can a person with US GreenCard apply under this fast route of H1B offered by Alberta?

Last edited by trueguy; 08-01-2008 at 09:13 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alberta AINP changes coming? nav_kri Non-Immigrant Visas 15 06-08-2013 03:19 AM
Alberta closeda i n p immigration program laddu0 Non-Immigrant Visas 2 04-02-2010 06:09 PM
Alberta Immigration moonrah Interesting Topics 4 07-21-2009 02:20 PM
Any Response from Alberta after Jan 1st? WaitingUnlimited All other Green Card Issues 0 03-06-2009 05:28 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org