Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum87-out-of-status-employment-gap-and-status-revalidation/)
-   -   how much Senior software Developer salary should be in San Diego, CA ( full time) (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum87-out-of-status-employment-gap-and-status-revalidation/19701-how-much-senior-software-developer-salary-should-be-in-san-diego-ca-full-time.html)

RiaonH4 06-19-2008 02:01 AM

how much Senior software Developer salary should be in San Diego, CA ( full time)

another off immigration qns ... dost log can someone give me a range on how much Senior software Developer make in San Diego, CA working fulltime not as consultant.

Thanks in advance.

Ria

PS:pls dont give me any red ....sorry if this is off immigration qns

peeku 06-19-2008 03:24 AM

75-105k

now this is a big range ...but i am giving you some idea. you should not hesitate in expecting towards the upper end of the spectrum ...
if you tell me the company i can help to narrow down.

vjpmusa 06-19-2008 03:27 AM

depends on skill set but between 70K-100K

Ria,
San Diego is mainly saturated with CDMA/Firmware Engineering town and that's why salary range is between 70K-100K based on what type of skill set you have and looking to San Diego's evergrin excellent weather!!!

RiaonH4 06-19-2008 10:29 AM

Thanks peeku and vjpmusa

Hello peeku and vjpmusa:

Thanks a ton for replying. My area is ERP software development. Usually in atlanta area the base for a sr developer for this position is around 95K... considering San Diego, CA i was thinking it shoudl be in little higher ( like 120K) range .. guess i was wrong .... Peeku what do u thing the range shoudl be now that u knwo it i ERP software developement.... anyone else .. any more thoughts ....

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
-Ria:p

RiaonH4 06-19-2008 12:09 PM

anyone ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiaonH4 (Post 256616)
Hello peeku and vjpmusa:

Thanks a ton for replying. My area is ERP software development. Usually in atlanta area the base for a sr developer for this position is around 95K... considering San Diego, CA i was thinking it shoudl be in little higher ( like 120K) range .. guess i was wrong .... Peeku what do u thing the range shoudl be now that u knwo it i ERP software developement.... anyone else .. any more thoughts ....

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
-Ria:p

anyone ???

peeku 06-20-2008 02:51 PM

would suggest two options

hi ,

i would suggest two options ...

go to glassdoor.com and look for salary specific to the company you are in ..most likey it has someone from the target company posted..
yes ERP is higher ..you can improvement in offer upward of 100K.
also search simplyhired.com for similar jobs in san diego and click salary search tab..it will show trends for "ERP SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER MS ( or BS ) " string giving you idea what it might be in actual...

RiaonH4 06-20-2008 03:29 PM

Thanks .. those websites do help .. simplyhired shows the average to be 101K ... i am not sure if this is a good enough salary to survive in CA.. are you from CA .. how good/bad the cost of living is as compared to DEsi point of view ... Desi's do things a little better when it comes to saving and spending etc ....

-Ria

RDB 06-20-2008 04:10 PM

100k seems to be a very good salary in San Diego.....unless you own a house (in the ball park of 500k)........except for housing.....CA is not too much expensive compared to other states.....!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiaonH4 (Post 256985)
Thanks .. those websites do help .. simplyhired shows the average to be 101K ... i am not sure if this is a good enough salary to survive in CA.. are you from CA .. how good/bad the cost of living is as compared to DEsi point of view ... Desi's do things a little better when it comes to saving and spending etc ....

-Ria