Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 32
brick2006 is infamous around these parts
Question what are my options...

am in my 8th year H1 due to expire in april...with an approved 140.(not a june 07 filer..no EAD)

My company is merging and i may get the axe..i have tried all tricks...but my exit is imminent..;(..well that's life.


I was about to file for my H1 extension... and now i may not be able to do that.

My spouse is on H1(Dec 2010) and we are expecting in april..and she thus cant travel.

I don't want to change to H4...(if i return i may switch to CP..hence i dont want to change to H4 and lose the GC process)

so can anyone please tell me,

a.) after my H1 expires in april, can i stay for a month or so and then leave the country?..will i be in any trouble at the port of exit.. i need time to pack and ship..hence the delay...


...Should i seek a legal advice???

... i just want to know.. if i can approach the USCIS and explain and get some kind of extension..

..do you know anyone who has been in a similar situation..

what are my options.. any advice will be appreciated...

thanks..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37
amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts amar123 is infamous around these parts
Default Look at other options

Delaying beyond your legal stay would obviously make you out of status and there are quite a few repercussions for it. It is still February, you still have time
Unfortunately, this forum has very few answers ,mostly questions being posed,so, I doubt you'll get any useful responses
Regards,
Amar
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 87
Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice
Default

Sorry to hear the situation.

As you know if you can find another job based on H1 then no problem in porting your H1 to a new employer,now being in feb april is 50 days away so hope for best.

In this situation, yes, legal advice is preferred, relying info on the forums is never a right idea when it comes to a situation where stakes are high.

If there is any option of changing to H4 now and switching back to H1 later and pick the GC process where it was left before then that would be an ideal scenario, only an experienced attorney can answer this, hence the legal advice option.

Compared to H4, over stay may cause more trouble for now and later in AOS.

PS: My 2 cents and i'm not an attorney.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
H4-H1B ? No JOb what are options iam_amit Immigrant Visa 9 02-21-2009 02:13 PM
485 denied - what are my options? american.dreams Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. 4 02-04-2009 09:12 PM
What are my options ? SAPGURU AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing 8 12-22-2008 11:26 AM
What's Next:: Options boston_gc Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 12 07-10-2007 02:20 PM
What are my options? Please help llcooljin Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins 2 12-11-2006 04:31 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org