Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
neerajkandhari will become famous soon enough neerajkandhari will become famous soon enough

I am reading this at yahoo and getting scared
Pls advice

Your petition was approved by USCIS. They have to make the original adjudication and it is strictly a paper adjudication which simply confirms that you appear to be qualified for the visa. It's not a guarantee as you still need to be interviewed at an embassy overseas. Once the petition has been approved, it goes to the Kentucky Consular Center, which processes it and sends it on to the embassy in the country where you live. That's usually pretty fast. Then you need to be scheduled for an interview, where the final decision on your application is made, before your visa is issued, or not. Take a look at travel.state.gov for the US embassy website in your country for additional information as the precise steps may vary a bit from country to country.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GKBest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajkandhari View Post
can some one pls tell me what this means

Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On August 24, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

I 485 applied on july 2 no recipts as yet
140 applied premium processing on june 29 Rfe on july 2 replied on aug 17
approved on aug 20

WHAT'S YOUR PRIORITY DATE?

Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2014
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
vvrmurthy has a spectacular aura about vvrmurthy has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Do Not Worry - This Is Perfectly Normal

Hi Neeraj,
(This reply is based on my experience)
Congratulations on getting your I140 approved. In summary, what this means is: Your I-140 is approved and as per the choice made by your attorney/company, the application has been sent to DOS for getting a visa number alloted.

When an attorney marks that this application will get CP done in the I-140 form, this is what will happen. Once I-140 is adjudicated, DOS allocates the visa number. By marking to get CP done in the I-140 application, the I-140 petition will be filed with a request for Consular Processing (CP) overseas. This enables employee to choose between CP abroad and adjustment of status (AOS) in the US at the time the application for green card is filed without having to submit any additional paperwork to USCIS to request a change. If the I140 notes AOS, and an employee later chooses to file CP, an additional form must be submitted to USCIS (Form I824) to request the change from AOS to CP which can cause delays in processing. By filing initially as CP, as noted above, an employee may choose either process with no additional paperwork and potential delay.

Coming to my case, as my signature indicates, my company filed my labor (PERM) in Aug 2006. I got the approval in Nov 2006. My company filed for I-140 in Nov 2006 last week and on Feb 2 2007 we upgraded the application to premium processing. On Feb 12 2007 we recieved an RFE about my name mismatch (between degree certificate and name in passport) . We replied to the RFE on Feb 15 2007 and on March 19 2007, I recieved an email from CRIS (case status system in USCIS) with the following words:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing.

On March 19, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My attorney informed me that my I-140 is thru. Recently on July 20 I filed for my 485 with
this approved I-140.

My BEC labor was certified 4 days ago. My company is filing for my second I-140 next week and it is filing with the same option "Consular processing". Once it is approved, we will be "interfiling".

Hope this helps!

Old 08-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
neerajkandhari will become famous soon enough neerajkandhari will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKBest View Post
WHAT'S YOUR PRIORITY DATE?
august 13 2004 PD EB3

Last edited by neerajkandhari; 08-25-2007 at 01:21 AM.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrmurthy View Post
Hi Neeraj,
(This reply is based on my experience)
Congratulations on getting your I140 approved. In summary, what this means is: Your I-140 is approved and as per the choice made by your attorney/company, the application has been sent to DOS for getting a visa number alloted.

When an attorney marks that this application will get CP done in the I-140 form, this is what will happen. Once I-140 is adjudicated, DOS allocates the visa number. By marking to get CP done in the I-140 application, the I-140 petition will be filed with a request for Consular Processing (CP) overseas. This enables employee to choose between CP abroad and adjustment of status (AOS) in the US at the time the application for green card is filed without having to submit any additional paperwork to USCIS to request a change. If the I140 notes AOS, and an employee later chooses to file CP, an additional form must be submitted to USCIS (Form I824) to request the change from AOS to CP which can cause delays in processing. By filing initially as CP, as noted above, an employee may choose either process with no additional paperwork and potential delay.

Coming to my case, as my signature indicates, my company filed my labor (PERM) in Aug 2006. I got the approval in Nov 2006. My company filed for I-140 in Nov 2006 last week and on Feb 2 2007 we upgraded the application to premium processing. On Feb 12 2007 we recieved an RFE about my name mismatch (between degree certificate and name in passport) . We replied to the RFE on Feb 15 2007 and on March 19 2007, I recieved an email from CRIS (case status system in USCIS) with the following words:
Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

On March 19, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.
My attorney informed me that my I-140 is thru. Recently on July 20 I filed for my 485 with
this approved I-140.

My BEC labor was certified 4 days ago. My company is filing for my second I-140 next week and it is filing with the same option "Consular processing". Once it is approved, we will be "interfiling".

Hope this helps!
We never filled for CP
It was always AOS which was filed on july 2(no receopt as yet)
what will happen now

Last edited by neerajkandhari; 08-25-2007 at 01:22 AM.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On August 24, 2007, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing. For more information, please contact them directly.

approved on aug 20

We have not filed for CP

Old 08-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough

FWIW, my company ALWAYS selects CP during the I-140 just because it is easy to change from CP to AOS than from AOS to CP. But still, everyone ends up filing for AOS. I am not 100% sure on what forms are required to change from CP to AOS....I read somewhere that all you do is file I-485 and CP gets automatically cancelled...but I could be wrong on this.

In any case, if that's what has happened, and if what everyone on the forum is correct about your I-140 status reflecting he CP option, then supposedly there is a disconnect with USCIS. They probably don't know you have filed for I-485 so they should handle your GC as an AOS case; not CP.

But I am merely speculating.....

Good luck.

Thanks,
Jayant

Old 08-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

approved on aug 20

We have not filed for CP

Old 08-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough waitin_toolong will become famous soon enough

You really ahve nothing to worry about, If you get a copy of I-140 application you will see the your company selected CP option. So USCIS sent thsi to the NVC for Cp.

But when they see that you files for AOS and as they enter your info in the system they will request for it to be sent back.

It is a fairly normal practice and some companies select CP by default.

You have nothing to worry about, just relax.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough

neerajkandhari,

I understand the state of your mind, but you really have to learn to relax. Instead of worrying yourself, wait till Monday and talk to your qualified lawyer. After reading other posts on other forums, I am now fairly confident that the reason for your I-140 status is what I wrote in my previous post (I 140 strange development).

If you are still jittery, then google "we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case" and you will get 7 hits. See if they are applicable. Then google "Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing" to get 193 hits. See if they are applicable. This should keep you busy until Sunday night.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Jayant

P.S.: Remember to post what you hear from your lawyer. It will help someone else who finds him/her-self in the same situation.

Last edited by PD_Dec2002; 08-25-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Old 08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD_Dec2002 View Post
neerajkandhari,

I understand the state of your mind, but you really have to learn to relax. Instead of worrying yourself, wait till Monday and talk to your qualified lawyer. After reading other posts on other forums, I am now fairly confident that the reason for your I-140 status is what I wrote in my previous post (I 140 strange development).

If you are still jittery, then google "we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case" and you will get 7 hits. See if they are applicable. Then google "Case was shipped to the Department of State for visa processing" to get 193 hits. See if they are applicable. This should keep you busy until Sunday night.

Good luck.

P.S.: Remember to post what you hear from your lawyer. It will help someone else who finds him/her-self in the same situation.
Before starting this thread i had done exactly what you have said (google search) what i read there was really worrying

Your petition was approved by USCIS. They have to make the original adjudication and it is strictly a paper adjudication which simply confirms that you appear to be qualified for the visa. It's not a guarantee as you still need to be interviewed at an embassy overseas. Once the petition has been approved, it goes to the Kentucky Consular Center, which processes it and sends it on to the embassy in the country where you live. That's usually pretty fast. Then you need to be scheduled for an interview, where the final decision on your application is made, before your visa is issued, or not. Take a look at travel.state.gov for the US embassy website in your country for additional information as the precise steps may vary a bit from country to country

So I started this thread
Will post on Monday when i hear from my attorney

Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD_Dec2002 View Post
neerajkandhari,

Good luck.

Thanks,
Jayant

Attorneys Reply

It means that your I-140 was approved. By default, cases which did not have Priority Date current at the time of filing are forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing, however since you are applying for the green card in the US, it does not apply for you. Once your I-485 receipt is issued, we will advise NVC accordingly.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neerajkandhari View Post
Attorneys Reply

It means that your I-140 was approved. By default, cases which did not have Priority Date current at the time of filing are forwarded to National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing, however since you are applying for the green card in the US, it does not apply for you. Once your I-485 receipt is issued, we will advise NVC accordingly.
Perfect example of BS.....They might be saying this just to cover up their mistake of filing for CP...

Old 08-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

I had called USCIS today
The customer sevice realised she had little knowledge about this matter so They transferred me to Immigration officer

He said my case had no such notification on their side
and the case is still lying with them
he said this might be a techinical error so this message is posted online

Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of abracadabra102 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball View Post
Perfect example of BS.....They might be saying this just to cover up their mistake of filing for CP...
Amen..