Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb How to confirm one's Priority Date?

one my friend & co-worker is in limbo too.

She had both eb3 (ex-employer) and eb2 I-140 (current employer) approved before filling 485.

She asked our company lawyer to use old eb3 PD but he was not much interested in entertaining her. (he may have filed 500 apps as it was a heavy rush in july and he works for a number of big companies)

some how She convinced him to use the older PD i.e. to request USCIS to port older PD but She is not sure if he really did requested for porting PD.

Due to his attitude, he does not answer our (h1b employees) questions directly and rather asks us to come thru HR. Our HR is also not very helpful to the extent and according to rumors, some time more interested in making things slower for us rather than helping. In short, she believes if she goes to HR, HR is not going to co-operate.

now that she has received 485 receipts, how can she make sure what PD is attached with her application?
Any ideas? can info pass help? or can she call USCIS? There is a PD column on 797 receipt for I-485, but its blank.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of ajju has much to be proud of
Default The one on I-140 should be final...

Unless she has 140 approved from both companies (You already said this is the case)... So you may've to check with your lawyer or USCIS...

Try calling USCIS...

Old 10-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute desi485 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

She already called once but IO was not helpful. Not sure if there is any other way to make sure what is one's PD (as entered in CIS database) for filed 485.

Some one also mentioned that CIS keeps track by SSN, FN, LN etc and automatically links all your approvals with your A#

If this is the case, then they should already have her earlier I-140 linked with her case. Any ideas? There must be some easy way. I am not sure WHY THE PD column on 485 receipt is left BLANK by USCIS?

Old 10-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough
Default I have the same question...

How do I know what my priority date is looking at the 485 receipt ? The place holder for this information is blank!!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone...?

Please reply...

Old 10-22-2007, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by immigrationvoice1 View Post
Please reply...
After I-485 is filed uscis works on first-in-first-out (FIFO) basis hence PD is never shown on aos r/n

Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheela View Post
After I-485 is filed uscis works on first-in-first-out (FIFO) basis hence PD is never shown on aos r/n

I heard different things about this. BUT I AM SURE PD MATTERS EVEN AFTER FILING. ITS NOT JUST FIFO.

Any one?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/06/2008
Compare
gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of gcpool has much to be proud of
Default You wont know

I too tried the same with USCIS. But looks like the CS people have no idea. Then when I told them how will the officers know they said that when they open the file they will know. The only way I think you can get to know is when the processing dates of your application has crossed your applied date. Then you can call them to enquire why its not approved and then they will launch an inquiry and get back to you with a reason. At that time I guess they will let you know if your priority date is the issue

Also one CS guy told me that even by doing an InfoPass it wont work. Cause most of the computers that are linked with other centers dont have the complete info. (my suspicion is that the system is not designed to cater situation like yours). Only by physically opening the file will they know it

Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare

b u m p e R

Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

At this juncture, your attorney is the only possible shortcut to know the information. I have read in one of the IV forumst that there is a way to get a copy of entire 485 file. Do some search, if I find it before you, I will post the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi485 View Post
b u m p e R

Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2012
Compare
yibornindia is a jewel in the rough yibornindia is a jewel in the rough yibornindia is a jewel in the rough
Arrow any one found this?

after this current date jumped for india eb2 in april visa bulletin, I was searching for this information and came across this thread.

It looks like IV members are out of luck on this issue.

I called CIS and the guy asked me to get an infoPass. But infoPass is not allowed for this reason.

what are the other alternatives?

Old 03-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

You can take an infopass appointment. They will not give you any copies but they do show you all your documents on the screen. A coworker of mine had gone with his wife and the office did show him all the documents on his screen.

I dont know if all IOs do that or not though.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi485 View Post
one my friend & co-worker is in limbo too.

She had both eb3 (ex-employer) and eb2 I-140 (current employer) approved before filling 485.

She asked our company lawyer to use old eb3 PD but he was not much interested in entertaining her. (he may have filed 500 apps as it was a heavy rush in july and he works for a number of big companies)

some how She convinced him to use the older PD i.e. to request USCIS to port older PD but She is not sure if he really did requested for porting PD.

Due to his attitude, he does not answer our (h1b employees) questions directly and rather asks us to come thru HR. Our HR is also not very helpful to the extent and according to rumors, some time more interested in making things slower for us rather than helping. In short, she believes if she goes to HR, HR is not going to co-operate.

now that she has received 485 receipts, how can she make sure what PD is attached with her application?
Any ideas? can info pass help? or can she call USCIS? There is a PD column on 797 receipt for I-485, but its blank.
If all the roads through HR,USCIS,lawyer are tried and seemed to be not working then only one road left and which is bringing pressure on HR through her manager to whom she is directly reporting. Does company where she works have the couneling help program? Take counselling session and directly state that the cause of tension and stress and deteoriarated health is not having the support from HR. If her company does not have those kind of thiongs then only option I can think of is bringing pressure on layer through HR by keeping HR on toes by her manager.