Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts
Default 140 This case has been sent to another office for processing

Hi All,

Today my online status for 140 has been changed to

" This case has been sent to another office for processing"

On November 19, 2007, we transferred this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

My company had filed 140 at TSC on middle of July 2007.

Is this normal or an RFE or something else ?. My company office is in NY and I work in Virginia. LINCOLN/NE is not the nearest /local office.

Thank you all

Rajesh Alex
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Ram_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshalex View Post
Hi All,

On November 19, 2007, we transferred this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Is this normal or an RFE or something else ?. My company office is in NY and I work in Virginia. LINCOLN/NE is not the nearest /local office.

Thank you all

Rajesh Alex

This is not a RFE, its just a transfer notice.

good luck

CA State Chapter : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

Old 11-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Abhishika has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ok...

Old 11-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ttdam is on a distinguished road

Same with my I-140 (sub) case filed 2nd week of July 07
No CRIS email but just a 11/19 LUD with a message as transferred from TSC to NSC

Btw, Its EB3

Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you all

Rajesh Alex

Did you already get a Receipt notice for I-140 from TSC? I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to transfer to a service center after you have received a notice from the service center where you had filed.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sanjeev_2004 is infamous around these parts sanjeev_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default exact same happend to me.

Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you all

Rajesh Alex

exact same happend to me. i checked today online but no email. It transferred just after 6 months.
I485 Receipt date 25 Jul 2007.
I485 Notice date 14 Sep 2007.
EAD Approved on 27 Sep, 2007.
AP Aproved on 4th Oct 2007.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Mine is at VSC

I sent in my I-140,I-485 applications to Nebraska Service Center which was the nodal agency to receive all I-140 applications during July -August 2007. They then would transfer some of the cases to TSC for processing. Due the visa bulletin fiasco, my applications were transferred to VSC for data entry and all my receipts have an EAC number. I received a transfer notice informing that my I-485 was transferred to TSC as my job is in a state that comes under TSC's jurisdiction. But I did not hear anything about my I-140 being transferred to TSC. So we called up USCIS to check on it. We were informed that VSC would process my I-140 application and it was not necessary for it to be transferred to TSC unlike I-485.
My concern is VSC is taking for ever to process I-140's and currently are processing Apr 06 applications. I believe the dates have remained like that for a while now. Atleast TSC says clearly that they will process I-140 in 6 months, but VSC has no such processing times mentioned. Due to no fault of mine, my application ended up in VSC and is stuck there until some kind folks pick them for reviewing..which may take more than a year going by the current processing times.
Looking at your case, I am hoping that my case will also be transfered to TSC and will hopefully get processed soon.

Quote:
Hi All,

Thank you all

Rajesh Alex

Old 11-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute

hello Rajeshalex,

Is yours a Labor Substitute case or the original labor coming out of the backlog centre?

My I-140 too filed around the same time at TSC (e-filing will go by defalut to TSC). I did not see any LUD after 08/12 ( Magic LUDs for many TSC I-140 filers in June-July 2007)

My I-485 AOS package went to NSC. EAD approved from NSC, AP is still pending.

If your I-1485 package filed with NSC and you have old PD then it makes sense for them to transfer the case to NSC for adjudicating your I-140/I-485 together. Other than this i dont see anything abnormal.

So hang in their, no worries, it is very normal to transfer the cases from one service centre to another and USCIS did that for many July-Aug filers.

Wish you all the best.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute
Default mine too

I got a paper notice of transfer about a month ago, then an notice about 3 weeks later.

I'm in NY, so I filed at NE service center, they moved it to TX service center, then they moved it back to NE service center. Gives a whole new perspective on paper shuffling!

It still had the original receipt date on the paper notice of transfer.

Being ROW my priority date (Dec 2002) will likely be current in a few months, I filed for AOS in May, and NE service center are now processing April applications. So fingers crossed, I'm only a few months away from GC now.
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of ps57002 has much to be proud of

My case was sent to Nebraska (aug 16), though should've been texas as NY employer. however as of yet, no transfer which is causing anxiety...i fear my case is lying under a pile to be forgotten. can it be that nebraska will process it??? I already got FP, EAD, receipts from Nebraska.... mine is not labor sub..

Last edited by ps57002; 11-20-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts rajeshalex is infamous around these parts
Question

Mine was a substitute labor of a previous employee who left the company
long ago.

I think all the subs are going to Nebraska from Texas.

Now do USCIS honor the 6 month service time for 140s when it is transferred from Texas to Nebraska or to any other center ?

Thanks

Rajesh Alex

Old 11-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute rajuseattle has a reputation beyond repute

rajeshalex,

If your theory of sub labors moving over to NSC is correct then it makes sense for them to transfer the case over to NSC.

If u r workiing for a good company, should not be a problem.

I hope your will come thro' now.

We are seeing the trend of 08/12 LUd getting approved.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

thanks.. keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Ukraine
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Buran will become famous soon enough

Hello Guys,

I live and work in California, which is under NSC jurisdiction, e-filed I-140 to TSC (the only option available with e-filing) on 07/30/07. Got the receipt notice from TSC in August 07. On 01/02/08 received a notice that my case was transfered to NSC.

Last edited by Buran; 01-04-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
kumarr is infamous around these parts kumarr is infamous around these parts
Default How do you check LUD?

I applied on July 2nd I140/I485 concurrently. I just have the receipt notices, nothing else.

I am wondering how and where do you check LUD?

Thanks.