Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default A better analogy would be..

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecupid View Post
rightly said... Here is a simple analogy... compare the porting scenario to someone who just joins a new company with 10 yrs experience and someone who has been with the same company for 10 years. If one of them has to be promoted, who will it be ? Or if the company is now going under, who will get fired first ?

The fact that a person has been with a company for 10 yrs holds enough merit when the company decides who gets promoted or who gets fired. So my friend stand in line like everyone else based on your priority date. That is your place in the line as per law.

A person has been with a company for 10 years as a Test Lead and is promoted to a position of a manager and the Lead expects that on the first day of being a manager he wants all the rights and benefits of being a manager for 10 years even though he has been a lead for all of those 10 years.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindhal View Post
A person has been with a company for 10 years as a Test Lead and is promoted to a position of a manager and the Lead expects that on the first day of being a manager he wants all the rights and benefits of being a manager for 10 years even though he has been a lead for all of those 10 years.
just when i thought that i've seen everything insane possible on this forum...... u break the new barrier..... to boldly go where no man has gone before......

jindhal,

daal roti khao aur prabhu kee guun gao......
(translation: eat & live simple and thank the lord)

what is this analogy none sense..... u'r a disgrace to eb2...... date porting is codified in the law..... no one can change it but congress....... the problem with congress is that it cannot agree with anything related to immigration...... let's say they decide to do just one thing, just one....... do u truly believe that anybody other than u on this planet would care to stop porting of eligible applicants to eb2?...... pls keep me posted if you send out any communication to anyone for stopping porting.... becoz i'll send double the number of emails and letters to keep porting in place.....

i do have a suggestion for u...... if everyone is porting from eb3 to eb2..... maybe u should stay ahead of the curve and port from eb2 to eb3...... then u will be the only applicants left in entire eb3.....

Last edited by ronhira; 09-24-2010 at 04:59 PM.

4 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Great analogy... Please send it to USCIS and lawmakers. I am sure they will listen to you.

what you are hoping for is a change in law which one cares about because it is absurd.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold

I refuse to even comment on that analogy.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Well Said ! Excellent analogy. It captures the absurdity of porting with PD retention.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold
Talking If it a'nt suits me it's injustice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsharma View Post
Consider the scenario:
Two guys (A and B) come to US in 2005, both do not have MS and experience less than 5 years. Therefore both not elligible for EB2 on 2005. They are from a retrogressed country.

A does MS and joins job in 2007, becomes eligible for EB2 and files GC on 2007.
B joins a job on 2005 that do not need MS and experience and files for EB3.

Till 2010 both of them did not get GC. But B crossed 5 years of experience and from EB3 to EB2. Now B's priority date is 2005, although he was not elligible for EB2 at that time.

Although A was elligible for EB2 in 2007 earlier than B (2010), A is pushed behind B.

SHould it be acceptable to people like A? And there is not one or two pleale like B, thousands arer doing that?

If you see my priority date you will understand I am not saying this for myself. I have a bro and friends who are facing this isssue.

Therefore EB2s who are from mid 2006 onwards will really get pushed back..

I see this porting simillar to the labor substitition.. Till it was in place it was legal although thousands bought labors and that is one main reason EB2 had retrogressed back to 2000. I predict simillar thing is happending again, people are paying money to the desi employers to file perm in EB2 again pretty soon same tertrogression will happen to EB2 I if any urgent action is not taken.

I hace passed this stage.. now its for you all to decide..
Mr RSharama, it's 'A's ignorance of the process. He should be aware at the time of starting the Masters that GC is based on the position in the queue ( no body's gives a rat's if the person in front of you is a retard). Porting was legal in 2005 and it is now. there is no change in Law.
You can't compare porting with labor substitution. For porting, you have to go through the complete process and not just throw some dollars.

Same logic applies to people who say "I was eligible to file for EB2, but my employer/lawyer forced me to file on EB3".
It's the ignorance of process, if you are eligible for EB2 .. go join any other company.. it's America .. for God's sake..

If it doesn't suit me it's injustice.

Last edited by manishs7; 09-24-2010 at 06:09 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Stock View Post
I refuse to even comment on that analogy.
cat got your tongue ?

1 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Default :)

Quote:
Great analogy... Please send it to USCIS and lawmakers. I am sure they will listen to you.

what you are hoping for is a change in law which one cares about because it is absurd.
Atleast we agree on one point that the law is absurd.

1 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what is absurd is your thought process!

Stay in line buddy, your system abuse propaganda is only going to bite you back. Dont forget you are in the same category

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Quote:
In your analogy you are forgetting the company (USCIS) still promoted that Test Lead to Manager even though he wants all those benefits from the very first day(INA law).

In other words it is a law per USCIS! So stop cribbing because it doesnt suit you.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
cat got your tongue ?
Its an absurd analogy. If I stress it too much and try to derive some sense out of it, my bar on GMAT prep would actually go down south!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare

Quote:
Nope. Vast majority including EB-2s do not disagree with porting, even though they might not be very vocal about it.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute
Default take a chill pill guys: cool it down a notch people

Guys this year's party is pretty much over ....whts the point debating something whether right or wrong which pretty much nobody can do anything about except went frustration from whichever side of the isle one sits on.....

As per Mr C.O. of USCIS I guess they have sent out the party invitation for the year so I guess there is no point sniping at each other. New inivitations will start from July next yr...

Take a chill pill guys....its a weekend.....get a beer....enjoy life( beleive me GC or no GC these days will not come by:make the most)

Old 09-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

I am intrigued by the spirited discussions we have between different categories. Most of the discussions revolves around what is best for "me" which is justified to some extent. Why don't we take a step back and ask this question, what is it that all of our trying to achieve. If the intent is to make sure I get my green card before the other person can, we shouldn't be even thinking about working together and call ourselves a community. We are just wasting our time having discussions and trying to compete among each other. No one initiative will gather steam if that becomes our intent and goal.

In my mind, we have to think of every one of us as one. Yes, there should be classifications, yes there should be qualifications, years of experience, all that in place. However I believe everyone in this community is "qualified" enough to get a green card in a "reasonable" amount of time.

Can we all work together and make that happen? Can we as a group start believing this and supporting IV?

I BELIEVE WE CAN!

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down

Quote:
what is absurd is your thought process!

Stay in line buddy, your system abuse propaganda is only going to bite you back. Dont forget you are in the same category
I am moderately amused by your usage of the phrase "Stay in line"

The ones who are not staying in line and cutting ahead are the EB3 folks who are porting to EB2 ! Their line is the EB3 line. But they want to cut into the EB2 line whenever convenient. Atleast thats how most EB2 (and EB3) folks perceive the PD porting process.

There, does that explain it in your own terms ?

2 out of 6 members found this post helpful.