Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavan View Post
I am moderately amused by your usage of the phrase "Stay in line"

The ones who are not staying in line and cutting ahead are the EB3 folks who are porting to EB2 ! Their line is the EB3 line. But they want to cut into the EB2 line whenever convenient. Atleast thats how most EB2 (and EB3) folks perceive the PD porting process.

There, does that explain it in your own terms ?
In my own terms, there is only one line defined by the priority date. So you can amuse yourself all you want. Its not gonna change the law.

So "Stay in line"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of prakashv44 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsharma View Post
"EB-2 India. This category is expected to remain unchanged or to move very slowly forward (by a week or so) in the short-term. This is mainly caused by the fact that many EB-3 India applicants (there are approximately 60,000 EB-3 India pending cases) are “porting” their priority dates into the EB-2 India category and are thus taking visa numbers.

EB2 India is slowwly becoming EB3 as thousands are porting from EB3 to EB2. Some of them are really worthy of EB2 and some of them are fradulent.

EB2 India applicants should wake up from their celebratio of a few months leap and get ready for slow movement or retro.

Guys wake up and fight to make the porting rules veryu strong if not stop porting. The rule should be if I140 for porting is denied then the applicatnt should loose his/her initial EB3 priority date also as he /she has indicated that he/she is no longer working in the position as described in EB3 labor. This will make sure that fradulent applicants cannot port from EB3 to EB2.

P.S: I know I will get thousands of REDs. I do not care... EB2 I guys wake up.. Time is running out.. EB2 I will very quickly become same as EB3I.

Mr.Sharma,

Better do not write and waste someone time. Probably you may loose your GC too if you are not united.

Try to support EB's, not EB2 or EB3. People wait for 10years to get the GC in EB3, They are well qualified and Experienced.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cheers Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketkapur View Post
Guys this year's party is pretty much over ....whts the point debating something whether right or wrong which pretty much nobody can do anything about except went frustration from whichever side of the isle one sits on.....

As per Mr C.O. of USCIS I guess they have sent out the party invitation for the year so I guess there is no point sniping at each other. New inivitations will start from July next yr...

Take a chill pill guys....its a weekend.....get a beer....enjoy life( beleive me GC or no GC these days will not come by:make the most)
I agree..

Old 09-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecupid View Post
In my own terms, there is only one line defined by the priority date. So you can amuse yourself all you want. Its not gonna change the law.

So "Stay in line"
Dream ON ...! No Law is immutable buddy

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavan View Post
Dream ON ...! No Law is immutable buddy
& who'll change it....pu55ies like u?

2 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishs7 View Post
Mr RSharama, it's 'A's ignorance of the process. He should be aware at the time of starting the Masters that GC is based on the position in the queue ( no body's gives a rat's if the person in front of you is a retard). Porting was legal in 2005 and it is now. there is no change in Law.
You can't compare porting with labor substitution. For porting, you have to go through the complete process and not just throw some dollars.

Same logic applies to people who say "I was eligible to file for EB2, but my employer/lawyer forced me to file on EB3".
It's the ignorance of process, if you are eligible for EB2 .. go join any other company.. it's America .. for God's sake..

If it doesn't suit me it's injustice.
"Same logic applies to people who say "I was eligible to file for EB2, but my employer/lawyer forced me to file on EB3".
It's the ignorance of process, if you are eligible for EB2 .. go join any other company.. it's America .. for God's sake.. "

Agree.. Most of the Top companies file based on the skill set and Qualification and do file EB2 for people who satisfy that requirement. Its the Desi consulting companies who do all the crappy stuff on earth.

Top companies file EB2 for M.S Degree holders and thats what the law says. If one employer does not file under EB2 even after you are eligible for it move to another one. If you have the correct skillset you should be able to find another job.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2007
Compare
Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold Sachin_Stock is a splendid one to behold
Default For those against the porting....

Here's what the law says:

8 CFR 204.5(e) relating to PD transfer between eb categories

(e) Retention of section 203(b) (1), (2), or (3) priority date. A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b) (1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b) (1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b) (1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be established as a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not transferable to another alien.

I hope that clears the air.

3 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Saw an interesting video on youtube the other day. The first thing that came to mind was the EB2-EB3 fights. If only we can fight together rather than each other !

YouTube - Every Indian must see this Video

Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecupid View Post
Saw an interesting video on youtube the other day. The first thing that came to mind was the EB2-EB3 fights. If only we can fight together rather than each other !

YouTube - Every Indian must see this Video
& this'll be the result

Games Village: A picture of filth and embarassment

Games Village: A picture of filth and embarassment

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

I am enraged.

We Indians deserve to be waiting forever without Greencard.

This is why EB3 Indiots will be waiting forever for their greencard. We Indians come to USA and still behave like the pictures in these links. We throw sh** on the forum and criticize each other. As long as Indians fight with each no bill will ever come. Indiots are to be blamed for waiting forever. Do not blame Amercia. We brought dirt from India and still live in it on this forum. Its pathetic.

Last edited by eastindia; 09-25-2010 at 11:27 PM.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2008
Compare
xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute xyzgc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
I am enraged.

We Indians deserve to be waiting forever without Greencard.

This is why EB3 Indiots will be waiting forever for their greencard. We Indians come to USA and still behave like the pictures in these links. We throw sh** on the forum and criticize each other. As long as Indians fight with each no bill will ever come. Indiots are to be blamed for waiting forever. Do not blame Amercia. We brought dirt from India and still live in it on this forum. Its pathetic.
So EB3 indians are idiots?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts IndiaBULL is infamous around these parts

shall IV begin to do something which is achievable, like earlier 485 submission and quarterly spill over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindhal View Post
I agree..

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketkapur View Post
Guys this year's party is pretty much over ....whts the point debating something whether right or wrong which pretty much nobody can do anything about except went frustration from whichever side of the isle one sits on.....

As per Mr C.O. of USCIS I guess they have sent out the party invitation for the year so I guess there is no point sniping at each other. New inivitations will start from July next yr...

Take a chill pill guys....its a weekend.....get a beer....enjoy life( beleive me GC or no GC these days will not come by:make the most)
I agree..

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzgc View Post
So EB3 indians are idiots?
so are we..... everyone in eb2...... we r all the same.....

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default I think this is a genuine thing, but

I think your idea is good. But this could be very difficult to implement, at least for USCIS.

Another suggestion is that porting should be automatic. As soon as a person acquires the required qualification for EB2 + a letter from the company that the person's future job will be of EB2 caliber, UCSIS should put him/her in EB2 category. This is some thing we should work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surabhi View Post
I have no problem with porting, but the priority date should be starting from when they acquired required qualifications for the job.

Example, if someone with B.S and 2 years experience had applied in EB3 in 2005 and tries to port now I think it is fair to have the ported PD not in 2005, but 2008 when the person acquired B.S + 5 years experience.

This would automatically address all those folks who deserved to be in EB2 but couldnt either becuase lawyer screwed up or issues with sponsoring company.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
I think your idea is good. But this could be very difficult to implement, at least for USCIS.

Another suggestion is that porting should be automatic. As soon as a person acquires the required qualification for EB2 + a letter from the company that the person's future job will be of EB2 caliber, UCSIS should put him/her in EB2 category. This is some thing we should work on.
Most of us are analyst by profession. Maybe that is one of the reasons most of us are always engaged in analysis and optimization of the system, to suit our own individual application. All of us believe that the system which suits our individual application is the best system. Anything that doesn't work for us is just screwed-up. Every person is at a different stage so most of the people are always fighting with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave
This is some thing we should work on.
Who should work on this? "WE". You created action item for whom? Who is "WE"?