Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
& who'll change it....pu55ies like u?
Wow... such eloquence from a "highly skilled worker" ! Truly impressive indeed

BTW, for that poster who was imagining a single line, open your eyes buddy. There are indeed two lines. Higher qualifications gets you into the shorter one. You can fret and whine all you want but you cant change the fact.

Porting PDs is a silly concept as others have pointed it out here. Its the law for now but wont be for long. Get over it.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavan View Post
Wow... such eloquence from a "highly skilled worker" ! Truly impressive indeed

BTW, for that poster who was imagining a single line, open your eyes buddy. There are indeed two lines. Higher qualifications gets you into the shorter one. You can fret and whine all you want but you cant change the fact.

Porting PDs is a silly concept as others have pointed it out here. Its the law for now but wont be for long. Get over it.
i'm as much high skilled as u'r...... perhaps u did not notice that we are in the same category..... on which u'r hanging on.....

this guy is correct.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair
All of us believe that the system which suits our individual application is the best system. Anything that doesn't work for us is just screwed-up.
this explains y porting pd is a silly concept to you.....

i'm in eb2 & my application is pending..... i don't think porting pd is silly just becoz a few others in eb2 think it is silly..... perhaps i know how to use my brain to form my own opinion rather than subscribing to the majority opinion of the category in which i applied for gc..... porting pd makes sense..... & it will not change..... till u don't get change to porting pd system..... i reserve the right to correctly call u a pu5sy..... get over it....

2 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts pallavan is infamous around these parts
Cool I eat trolls for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post
i'm as much high skilled as u'r...... <snip> till u don't get change to porting pd system..... i reserve the right to correctly call u a pu5sy..... get over it....
Took it too personally huh ? Gosh, I must be getting Reeeally Good at this Haa Haa Haaa ...!

Your rage was cute for a while. Now STFU and get back to the sorry existence you call your life. Luser night is over

0 out of 8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by surabhi View Post
I have no problem with porting, but the priority date should be starting from when they acquired required qualifications for the job.

Example, if someone with B.S and 2 years experience had applied in EB3 in 2005 and tries to port now I think it is fair to have the ported PD not in 2005, but 2008 when the person acquired B.S + 5 years experience.

This would automatically address all those folks who deserved to be in EB2 but couldnt either becuase lawyer screwed up or issues with sponsoring company.
We got the year..how about the month and day on which to port to eb2?

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2003
Chargeability
:
Austria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute xela has a reputation beyond repute
Default wow if things just were that simple

So yes I have a masters and my old company forced me into EB3. If it would have been just that easy that there was 150000 new jobs out there where i could have gone and filed under EB2 I would have. But guess what for most of us it was/is not, especially now. I do not know anyhting about the so called top companies you mention or the Desi ones. I am no computer science major, and I am sure not all of us here are. So please before you make it sound like it is so simple cus it's America, live a few days in someone elses shoes first and then talk. I dont go around and say hey well why didnt you get born in another country... we all are in our own shoes, and understanding someone elses will broaden your horizon and make you less likely to judge people, so try it :-)

This new comapny would have done EB2 if I would have started with them, however i am EB3 row june 2005 and I am hoping my date comes up soon because to be honest i dont have any more money to spend on it all after 10 years. I could buy a new car for what I already spent on it.

Either way good luck everyone I hope we can all work in peace together instead against eachother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrishn View Post
"Same logic applies to people who say "I was eligible to file for EB2, but my employer/lawyer forced me to file on EB3".
It's the ignorance of process, if you are eligible for EB2 .. go join any other company.. it's America .. for God's sake.. "

Agree.. Most of the Top companies file based on the skill set and Qualification and do file EB2 for people who satisfy that requirement. Its the Desi consulting companies who do all the crappy stuff on earth.

Top companies file EB2 for M.S Degree holders and thats what the law says. If one employer does not file under EB2 even after you are eligible for it move to another one. If you have the correct skillset you should be able to find another job.

Last edited by xela; 09-27-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: grammar

Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pallavan View Post

Look whose talking ! we can see who is fretting and whining. I'm telling you what the law states. What you are saying is wishful thinking........ So wake up from your dream...

Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by desigirl View Post
We got the year..how about the month and day on which to port to eb2?
Maybe consider hours, minutes and seconds too... ? lol

Old 09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2013
Compare
SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute SGP has a reputation beyond repute
Default United we stand divided we fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecupid View Post
saw an interesting video on youtube the other day. The first thing that came to mind was the eb2-eb3 fights. If only we can fight together rather than each other !

youtube - every indian must see this video
exellent one. United we stand divided we fall. The british too took advantage of our non-unity. Let's learn a lesson from our history.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2011
Compare
mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Porting is not wrong

I totally agree on EB3 to EB2 porting but the PD should be the day he qualified as EB2 not the original date of EB3 which makes sense.

This way everyone is happy.

People who have done Masters (EB2) should get the GCs first. ...Relax dont give me a red for this. I already had enough.

Chill out

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold manishs7 is a splendid one to behold
Default How abt exisiting EB2 if this becomes law..

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
I think your idea is good. But this could be very difficult to implement, at least for USCIS.

Another suggestion is that porting should be automatic. As soon as a person acquires the required qualification for EB2 + a letter from the company that the person's future job will be of EB2 caliber, UCSIS should put him/her in EB2 category. This is some thing we should work on.
So what happens to existing EB2 per your logic. Should their priority dates will also change based on the date when they became eligible. say someone with 15 years of experience with bachelors degree comes to US and files on EB2..so his date will be pushed to priority date of 10 years from now when he became eligible for EB2.
What happens when I port from EB3 to EB2 with Masters in year 2002. should my priority date would be moved from 2006 to 2002.
This logic is not implementable or priority dates should go in one direction (up) only, the one that suits your requirements. LOL..

Last edited by manishs7; 09-27-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Old 09-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
I think your idea is good. But this could be very difficult to implement, at least for USCIS.

Another suggestion is that porting should be automatic. As soon as a person acquires the required qualification for EB2 + a letter from the company that the person's future job will be of EB2 caliber, UCSIS should put him/her in EB2 category. This is some thing we should work on.
Have you contacted anyone about your ideas? Allowing everyone to port from EB3 to EB2 will solve a lot of problems that America faces today. Except Global warming of course.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2009
Compare
kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for my French guys...I generally dont like to use bad words, but this Charles Oppenheim boils my blood...

Look at all his previous statements...I dont know under what kind of influence he makes his statements...

He has BSed us in the past (look at his prior statement that he made in VEGAS) ....

Now he is BSing us again....

And we take his words seriously and start another set of arguments....

God bless every one; I need to calm down now. If possible please ignore this Oppehemi guy; he is just another joker.
I 140 approved: Sep 2008 Nebraska Service Center
EB1A: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
EB2 NIW: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
I-485 filed Dec 2009
I-485 approved April 2010

Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute jindhal has a reputation beyond repute
Default True Dat..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondur_007 View Post
Sorry for my French guys...I generally dont like to use bad words, but this Charles Oppenheim boils my blood...

Look at all his previous statements...I dont know under what kind of influence he makes his statements...

He has BSed us in the past (look at his prior statement that he made in VEGAS) ....

Now he is BSing us again....

And we take his words seriously and start another set of arguments....

God bless every one; I need to calm down now. If possible please ignore this Oppehemi guy; he is just another joker.
CO's words have been mostly pessimistic..and upsetting so far...

Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindhal View Post
It's the reality.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jindhal View Post
This is nothing new!