Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Life2Live is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb we want Media to Publish that Skilled Immigrant thinking of Move out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskumar4u View Post
I agree both ideas are good.

I would strongly recommend IV to get a template and get signature from each individual with full name ane oneline Education and over all exp in years. Submit to Canada and Australian embassy.

Fasting yes it do makes impact. However, people may have to travel and effort needs to be done again as DC rally.
We are not expecting success and Canada/Australia accept all Mass migrants. But we want to knock their door and tell them as well the world that US Skilled Immigrants are interested to get out of US due to the GC issues.

If IV can come up with template we can all fill up the information requested, sign and fax it. IV can collect those and submit collectively to relevant Embassy.

We have nothing to lose, we lost enough. Letz give a try.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
aknynd is just really nice aknynd is just really nice aknynd is just really nice aknynd is just really nice aknynd is just really nice
Default Strike

Can all h1b workers go on strike for 1 day ..ALL ..I mean ALL OF THEM
For that matter , everyone who is working on visa H or L, EAD, OPT etc...

Old 12-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Update your signature

By the way, why dont you update your signature with your contributions to IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
This is f***ing stupid, what are we going to do now? IV? something major has to be done!!!! another flower show? DC show? are we going to sit like this ? keep paying taxes? keep prolonging personal decisions?

This country has become ignorant!!

If something has to be done it has to be done big, if not then we should stop looking up to IV and raising our hopes. Might as well keep shut and wait.

Will something like the past july fiasco repeat, ?
(me and my spouse below)
485 - Filed on July 2,2007
485 - ND - Aug 08,2007
FP - Sep 06.
EAD - Oct 1st

Contributing 10 or 20 is always a pain when you have the option of getting it free.

Pledge: I am contributing monthly $25 to IV

Old 12-12-2007, 12:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute GCBy3000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Solution to a problem

In your words, solution to a problem is to move away from the problem. If we do what you sugesst, then the problem stays as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawa2574 View Post
Most of these guys in house and Senate are communist morons. They become capitalists at WTO but have no real business sense. Nothing will change by just meeting these guys. Most of them I have met even don't want to understand skilled immigration. They either take it as H1b or call it illegal immigration. Same was the case with the rep from WA who popped up in Sep 18th Capitol Hill rally !!!!
(me and my spouse below)
485 - Filed on July 2,2007
485 - ND - Aug 08,2007
FP - Sep 06.
EAD - Oct 1st

Contributing 10 or 20 is always a pain when you have the option of getting it free.

Pledge: I am contributing monthly $25 to IV

Old 12-12-2007, 12:36 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Unless we increase our participation and efforts to a massive scale, it will be tough to get any relief.

Everyone who thinks that they want greencard badly will need to get active and help themselves.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Hong Kong
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
benbear is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by trueguy
1. If there are cases pending with PD before 2000 then why USCIS processed so many EB2 last month (Nov'2007) for 2002, 2003, 2004 PD. Why didn't they process people with PD before 2000?

Instead of saying U/A they just moved it to 2000 Exactly! Not too much quotes left against the 2800 annual limit for EB2 India.
In the bulletin, they say " It is likely that the annual limit for this category will be reached within the next few months" and in last bulletin, they said "Demand during October and the first week of November has already used over 38 percent of the annual limit". I guess it's pretty much done with
EB2 India for FY2008

2. When people port their PD from EB3 to EB2, what happens to their EB3 application? Are they still in the system as pending and is that the reason EB3 dates are not moving? Is it possible that USCIS now have two pending application for one person who ported his/her PD from EB3 to EB2?

Multiple 140s may be there but Only one 485 should be pending. But with USCIS we may never know.

3. Why DOS is not giving any explaination for EB3-India movement? The PD for EB3-India is stuck at Apr/May'2001 since Jun'2006 ?

DOS gives an explanation , only if a substantial change is about to occur (forward or back ward) in dates.

4. This Jun/Jul 2007, USCIS approved 18000 EB3 India cases. Thats 6 years of annual quota and EB3 PD is back to May'2001. So the EB3 PD didn't move a single day even after 18000 approval, how is that possible?

means many many more EB3 india applications are pending.
I think EB2 is more than EB3. for Inida probably 50:50 according to it. For other country and ROW, EB3 is less than EB2.

For the 18000 EB3 India apprvoal in July fiasco, most of them's priority dates
are in 2002-2004, they are in the states where LC got through very fast in those old days.

5. Why there were so many EB2 approval in last 2months and very few (almost none) approvals for EB3?

because EB 3 was heavily retrogressed
Agreed. for EB3, USCIS got nothing to approve. I don't understand why they still retrogress EB3 ROW so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala50 View Post
[/color]

Last edited by benbear; 12-12-2007 at 12:41 AM.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
wolfpok will become famous soon enough wolfpok will become famous soon enough
Default change will happen...

Surely the Jan visa bulletin didn't tell us anything new.

What we know from talking to lawmakers and media is that our story needs to be told. Once enough people know the story, and understand its human and fiscal impact, change will happen.

Until then we need to be positive, smart and persistent. And support IV with our hearts, minds and wallets!

thanks!
~pok

Join the NC state chapter: http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold
I didn't not understand the fuss.. may be i am dumb? Because everyone filed the AOS application. So expecting the GC or what?

There is only 3600 visa available in each category(EB1, EB2 and EB3) with derivatives for India. There are atleast 100K applicants in each category waiting after July VB fisaco. It's supply demand issue. Too many applicants are looking for too few cards.

EB3 are only out of 2001 PD for only 2 VB since 2005. I didn't hear same hue and cry.
EB2 was enjoying the good ride quite long so many EB3 converted to EB2 to take advantage of ride. So, now there is no ride for either EB3 or EB2. Now everyone feel stuck and venting.

But Now EB2 NIW will try to convert to EB1, if possble, to take advantge. It's humane nature.

You can't fit 100K in 3.6K/year what ever USCIS do.

July 2008 will provide some hope with unused visa# otherwise we are done for year.

I have PD of 2001 but got stuck in auto remand, PBEC, etc. etc. So if you are stuck then you are stuck. bad luck.

Do something constructive at any level. Good Luck.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default cant agree with u more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADude View Post
I didn't not understand the fuss.. may be i am dumb? Because everyone filed the AOS application. So expecting the GC or what?

There is only 3600 visa available in each category(EB1, EB2 and EB3) with derivatives for India. There are atleast 100K applicants in each category waiting after July VB fisaco. It's supply demand issue. Too many applicants are looking for too few cards.

EB3 are only out of 2001 PD for only 2 VB since 2005. I didn't hear same hue and cry.
EB2 was enjoying the good ride quite long so many EB3 converted to EB2 to take advantage of ride. So, now there is no ride for either EB3 or EB2. Now everyone feel stuck and venting.

But Now EB2 NIW will try to convert to EB1, if possble, to take advantge. It's humane nature.

July 2008 will provide some hope with unused visa# otherwise we are done for year.

I have PD of 2001 but got stuck in auto remand, PBEC, etc. etc. So if you are stuck then you are stuck. bad luck.

great post cadude...u nailed it down..
485 status - Rotting in NSC with a single RFE
Lost H1, working on EAD. Invoked AC21 twice.
Attended DC Rally and contributed to IV many times.
Renewed EAD 3 times and AP 4 times
Total cost from the H1 days (new h1, extension, ead, ap, 140, 485 etc - $22000)
Total cost if I had bought a labor certification those days and having a GC by now - $15000
Not knowing if GC is this worth - Priceless.
R2I'd in Feb 2011.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts p_kumar is infamous around these parts
Default I am afraid he is right

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADude View Post

And increasing GC quota or any other changes is something that US lawmakers will only undertake when there is a benefit to US or US businessess. I am afraid we are in it for the long haul.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Always View Post
When People can't come to Rally together, you are expecting to go back to home collectively ?? ah ha ha..

We all did'nt come collectively.. hence cant go back collectively.
I was replying the original poster for his comment to go to canada collectively with a aim to establish the voidness of that idea. But poster did not comment ahead and thus it ultimately wound up with your attention.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute cygent has a reputation beyond repute
Default This was not an issue in 2000 & before

I remember those days, as not many folks were affected.

Now our issue does stand out BIG, as so many are screwed by the system. I thought I was the only one back in 2000 caught by the unfair system, but now after reading so many stories, I am glad we have banded together to fight this unjust system.

IV is strong and capable of enabling and handling change. I truly believe in the team here.
U.S. STEM Graduate been here since 1997 | >$15k for GC w/no end in sight

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin, July 4th, 1776

Old 12-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Matthew OH ("Uvach") Said:

12/12/2007: January 2008 Visa Bulletin and Predicament of Unmarried Indian EB-2

India has a tradition of family match-making marriage that more or less determines the timing of a marriage for a single person. When the EB visa numbers were open a few months ago, the unmarried single EB-2 worried about premature approval of their I-485 applications before they would have married and often talked about the way to delay approval of I-485 applications until they would marry. The January 2008 Visa Bulletin and the State Department prediction for the EB availability in coming months have removed such worry from these Indian professionals. However, in an unanticpated twist and irony of the development, they will instead face a different problem, to wit, their future spouses may not be able to apply for a following-to-join derivative EB immigrant visa benefits for a long time. Considering the amount of time the future spouse will have to wait to file for the immigrant benefits, it may be important for these EB-2 Indian professional to take at least two actions. These unmarried Indians have maintained a H-1B status to bring their future spouses in a H-4 visa status so that they are not separated after they marry. This strategy will become more real and critically important, meaning that they should keep staying on a H-1B status and not using EAD and AP. If they returned using AP, they may at some point of time, reinstate their H-1B status before their H-1B validity runs out. The other action which they should take is to file concurrent EB-2 and EB-3 I-140 petitions using the same EB-2 labor certification. Since the EB-3 is more favorable or at least will have a cut-off date rather than "unavailable," in certain situation they may maneuver the immigration rules that permit transfer of pending I-485 applications between EB-2 and EB-3 during the period when the visa numbers remain current for him/her. Such maneuver may at least allow the spouse to file I-485/EAD/AP. When EB-2 becomes more favorable, they may have to transfer the I-485 applications back to EB-2 petition. This maneuver is not a good option for everyone as it will require a log of juggling. However, some earlier priority date EB-2 Indians may dare to venture such juggling because of their unique circumstances that require filing of I-485 application for the spouse. It is something to think about and people should seek legal counsel.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default Couldn't agree more!

h1bmajdoor,
I couldn't agree more with you. The intent of H1B always has been to bring in temp workers who will pay into SS taxes and leave without a word after 6 years. However, a carrot of GC is always shown. Most ppl struggle to stay in the same job for 5+ years. 1/3 get the gc, 1/3 lose their patience and leave for another country and the remaining 1/3 either keep getting rejected or keep starting the process over and over with different employers/attorneys/new processes!!

After over 5 years of waiting I have lost energy and have become numb to it or maybe the grey is making me wiser :-)

PS: any new articles on your blog lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1bmajdoor View Post
They want you to work 6 years, pay social security and then leave quietly.

if they want immigration they can get enough from family and illegal route.

they don't want smart people to compete with their kids. work, pay tax and leave.

what part of it don't we get?

Old 12-12-2007, 04:15 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jawbreaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default If you really have control over 200-300 odd jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawa2574 View Post
After seeing this bulletin, I will work to influence strategy for my company to move Engineering jobs to India and Canada. Will Like to see people who don't understand competition loose their jobs. America wants to kick out skilled immigrants and this bulletin clearly states this message. . Any country which does not value education, skills does not deserve jobs in a global economy. So let the job destruction start now
...then you can apply in EB1 category.