Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkakarla View Post
We are screwing ourselves so what more can you expect. Everyone(majority) ported their PD to EB2 and now they screwed their green card prospects and in the process screwed others.

Greed has a limit and I think collectively we deserve this treatment because part of the problem lies with us. If someone feels they deserve to be in EB2 they should file it in EB2 instead of filing in EB3 and then porting that PD to
EB2. This makes that there is a lot of demand for EB2 and hence moved back.
Greed may not be the real reason. People are just trying to get their GC and get some peace of mind.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramkalyan View Post
In saddist way i am loving this ...

EB2 .....tata bye bye ..

EB3 .. sleep for 2 more months ..

Rest ..enjoy ..
U Too? IV expects better from u.... Try to empathize with the folks here, please.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2010
Compare
permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute permfiling has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to capture EB2 to EB3

Yes, I might have to do that then. :-(

PS: EB2/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_chahiye View Post
In addition to EB2 spillover, EB3 has its own quota. So EB3 is not screwed. If EB3 demand remains low, then dates will move forward; irrespective of what EB2 is doing.

A stampede to file a new LC in EB3 to recapture EB2 PD will now begin...

Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute sammyb has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy the last option would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitp View Post
This is a long long road, and we know it! Let's not pretend like we don't!

What are our options?
1) DO NOTHING
2) Leave the US and work in another country
3) Stay put in the US, volunteer for and/or contribute to IV to abolish retrogression, recapture wasted visa numbers, remove per country caps (and thus, take away the very reason for all the hoopla about visa bulletins)!

What are you going to do?

I am currently voting for 3. I will be considering (2) as a serious alternative if things do not change for another 2-3 years.

(1) is not an option for anyone, not unless you believe in miracles which happen once in a millenium. That said, the last such miracle happened in June/July 2007, so I don't expect one this year!
to cross the border to south and come back thru the desert ... we will have better chance that way than waiting for the EB mess to get clear ...

jokes apart I guess we need some serious pushing from IV to move this VB thing into history ... it was kind of expected but still reality has its own shocking sensation

Greened on 07/11/2011 @ TSC

Old 12-11-2007, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We are screwing ourselves so what more can you expect. Everyone(majority) ported their PD to EB2 and now they screwed their green card prospects and in the process screwed others.

Greed has a limit and I think collectively we deserve this treatment because part of the problem lies with us. If someone feels they deserve to be in EB2 they should file it in EB2 instead of filing in EB3 and then porting that PD to

If the PDs moving back is due to artificial demand ,doesnt that also mean that once the anomaly is corrected, the PDs would move forward again ?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

What i cannot begin to understand is that how come BOTH China and Philippines and ROW EB3 Moved one month each but India remained steadfast. Are we saying that 245i had so many more Indians than ROW?

I dunno why everyone is getting all angry and frustrated at this situation. It has been 3 years of this nonsense (05, 06 and 07) and all of a sudden now people are venting frustrations? Where was this anger when the DC rally was being held and when IV asks for contributions?

Last edited by eb3_nepa; 12-11-2007 at 05:06 PM.

Old 12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute chintu25 has a reputation beyond repute

Doing a Rally takes a long time think of something FAST and EFFECTIVE

I suggest 24/48/ hour FAST or a rally fast wherein there is conitnous fasting every 24hrs ,the flame is passed to the next batch

GANDHI rescued us earlier HE WILL DO IT AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by permfiling View Post
I agree Kumar , time to wake up and do a rally again !!!!. I am going to meet my congress men. We have actively lobby now.

Contributions: $500 so far
PD: 10/05

Chapter Link

All Michigan Members, please PM me your
First Name:
Last Name
Valid Phone Number:
IV id:
State:

To get IV ACTION UPDATES

Contribution:

TOTAL : $ 1800+ till date along with Recurring contributions since April 07

Old 12-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chintu25 View Post
I suggest 24/48/ hour FAST or a rally fast wherein there is conitnous fasting every 24hrs ,the flame is passed to the next batch
Can you please elaborate? Do you mean we each go to DC and fast for one day and then the next day someone else fasts?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Time to act

Time for spouting big ideas is over. We need to walk the talk. There is a fund drive going on. Lets not only meet the goal but double, triple the amount.

We will lobby the congress hard, we can have a big rally but we need member participation. Just do your little part. We have the numbers so our individual effort is minuscule.

Lets not lose hope. We are a big part of this economy. We can convince the congress to make the necessary changes to the law. It will be easier than it looks if we start committing to IV activities. Have faith in yourself, in IV.

Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

- Greed based on false oppertunism
- Inability to understand the trap system fully
- Ability to see only short term gain and that gain for self only
- Black marketing of LC in yester years.

HAVE PLAYED ITS PART TO CREATE THIS. And will be repeated again for EB3 now.

Last edited by BharatPremi; 12-11-2007 at 05:12 PM.

Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Same old story

Same old same old .

I have kind of become immune to bad news , these days .

1) Same old speculations of members wanting the bulletin dates to move ( Members PD + 1 day ).

2) Visa bulletin gets released

3) Members are shocked to see that the PD instead of moving to
( Members PD + 1 day ) moves to ( Members PD - 700 days ).

4) Members Curse the hell out out of USCIS and people get lots of reds if they say something that others do not like .

5) Everybody goes home sad and do nothing concrete.

6) Same cycle repeats with the next visa bulletin.

Has every member in this thread contributed to the 30,000 that we are collecting to lobby for the Omnibus Bill . I am sure not . So contribute unless you want to be stuck in the cycle that I described above .

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***

Old 12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Default Another Rally?

SO ANOTHER RALLY IN THE COLD? I WANT US TO DO SOMETHING BIG!!!!!!!

HOW ABOUT FLOWER DAY, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING BIG THEN MAYBE THE

OMNI BILL WILL WORK IN OUR FAVOR, PLEASE ALL LETS DO SOMETHING BIG

Old 12-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT THE &^*%?

Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Default Randy is correct..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyK View Post
IV is already doing something....... checkout the first page on the Omnibus contribution tread........ if you want to support join the hundreds who have already contributed (if you have not already). THIS IS THE ONLY WAY.... WE HAVE TO GET HELP FROM WASHINGTON

--------
Randy is correct..lets do something and WE HAVE TO GET HELP FROM WASHINGTON

Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

How about start by contributing? Last time I checked, you haven't contributed yet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
SO ANOTHER RALLY IN THE COLD? I WANT US TO DO SOMETHING BIG!!!!!!!

HOW ABOUT FLOWER DAY, WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING BIG THEN MAYBE THE

OMNI BILL WILL WORK IN OUR FAVOR, PLEASE ALL LETS DO SOMETHING BIG