Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

View Poll Results: Please answer
140 pending want Premium processing 20 20.83%
140 approved 64 66.67%
140 pending do not want premium processing 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future

this is extremely short sighted and stupid stupid stupid. i'm not saying this just because my 140 is approved - I obviously support iv's efforts to bring back 140 premium processing but equating gc and ead is exponentially dumb
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Per AC21 law you can change to "same or similar" jobs. USCIS uses DOL O*Net codes to determine 'same or similar' (based on job descriptions based on O*net codes). This code is given in your LC.

http://online.onetcenter.org/

So yes, you need to have a copy if you don't want trouble later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrowd View Post
Do you really need a PERM Labor copy for invoking AC21??

Old 12-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinabath View Post
YOUR 140 is APPROVED.

I would be very happy. In few days, I will be completing 180 days of 485 and if my 140 is approved, I feel like I got my green card. AC21 is green card in my opinion. All you got to do is shell out money for yearly AP and EAD renewals.
I was waiting for 3 years 9 months for I-485 approval. I applied for my fifth EAD. It was not fun. There are several major issues with EAD/AC21 versus GC:

1. The indefinite state. You do not know whether I-485 will be approved or denied. Therefore, it's difficult to plan long-term decisions.
2. If you lose job and cannot find a new job - you may lose I-485 altogether.
3. Job restrictions, even though they are relatively minor (unless you want to try yourself in a different field).
4. If you have kids, they cannot qualify for some student loans, in-state tuition rates without GC.
5. If you are a researcher, you cannot qualify for federal research grants.
6. Applying for EAD/AP extensions is not cheap. And if you do it 5 times, that really hurts. Instead of supporting USCIS, it's better to contribute to IV and work to push legislators to fix the broken system.
7. You do not accrue time towards citizenship. Taxation without representation sucks.

Last edited by lazycis; 12-12-2007 at 04:18 PM.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinabath View Post
YOUR 140 is APPROVED.

I would be very happy. In few days, I will be completing 180 days of 485 and if my 140 is approved, I feel like I got my green card. AC21 is green card in my opinion. All you got to do is shell out money for yearly AP and EAD renewals.
We'll see if you feel the same way 5 years down the line (depending on your PD) when you are still waiting for dates to become current, and cannot accept a change of work or a promotion because the new job does not meet your Labor certification description.

We'll see if you feel the same way when for some reason your EAD renewal is delayed, and you need to stop working.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you try to re-enter the US, and are sent to secondary inspection with your AP while GC holders walk past immigration in a jiffy.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you realize you cannot sponsor your relativesto join you, because you dont have a GC.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you see a status update like "document mailed" or "RFE sent" on your online case status, and run around helther-skelter in various forums asking about what are typical RFEs and why have you still not received it and so on. Sweating, praying, sleepless.

We'll see if you feel the same way when your driving license comes up for renewal, and DMV gives it only for one year as thats when your EAD expires.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you apply for an EAD-renewal and it gets denied because your company withdrew the I-140 and USCIS did not realize that your 180 days had passed.

We'll see if you feel the same way when USCIS denies your 485 saying you missed an FP appointment, which in reality you never received. When you are fighting that case, filing an MTR, accruing illegal presence, come back to this forum and we'll see if you feel AC-21 = GC.

your statement that AC-21=GC is idiotic at best.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute sam_hoosier has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
We'll see if you feel the same way 5 years down the line (depending on your PD) when you are still waiting for dates to become current, and cannot accept a change of work or a promotion because the new job does not meet your Labor certification description.

We'll see if you feel the same way when for some reason your EAD renewal is delayed, and you need to stop working.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you try to re-enter the US, and are sent to secondary inspection with your AP while GC holders walk past immigration in a jiffy.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you realize you cannot sponsor your relativesto join you, because you dont have a GC.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you see a status update like "document mailed" or "RFE sent" on your online case status, and run around helther-skelter in various forums asking about what are typical RFEs and why have you still not received it and so on. Sweating, praying, sleepless.

We'll see if you feel the same way when your driving license comes up for renewal, and DMV gives it only for one year as thats when your EAD expires.

We'll see if you feel the same way when you apply for an EAD-renewal and it gets denied because your company withdrew the I-140 and USCIS did not realize that your 180 days had passed.

We'll see if you feel the same way when USCIS denies your 485 saying you missed an FP appointment, which in reality you never received. When you are fighting that case, filing an MTR, accruing illegal presence, come back to this forum and we'll see if you feel AC-21 = GC.

your statement that AC-21=GC is idiotic at best.
Dramatic , but well said nevertheless.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough EndlessWait is a jewel in the rough
Default well if labor, I-140, 485 nothing is guarantee

and they can revoke a legit application anytime after years in waiting, then let's focus on getting our SSN taxes back, coz that is v illegal(although made legal)

money talks, everything else is crap..

Old 12-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinabath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
I was waiting for 3 years 9 months for I-485 approval. I applied for my fifth EAD. It was not fun. There are several major issues with EAD/AC21 versus GC:

1. The indefinite state. You do not know whether I-485 will be approved or denied. Therefore, it's difficult to plan long-term decisions.
2. If you lose job and cannot find a new job - you may lose I-485 altogether.
3. Job restrictions, even though they are relatively minor (unless you want to try yourself in a different field).
4. If you have kids, they cannot qualify for some student loans, in-state tuition rates without GC.
5. If you are a researcher, you cannot qualify for federal research grants.
6. Applying for EAD/AP extensions is not cheap. And if you do it 5 times, that really hurts. Instead of supporting USCIS, it's better to contribute to IV and work to push legislators to fix the broken system.
7. You do not accrue time towards citizenship. Taxation without representation sucks.
Nice points. Last one is the most important.