Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
samanan is on a distinguished road
Default Update on H1 renewal request

Thought would share this update, if anybody is interested...

Employer just got the approval email for the H1B (premium processing) extension request - valid until 2009 december. This gives me some breathing space. Not clear yet though whether I need to go out and get stamped and come back for the change of status from AOS to H1 to take effect - I came in last time using AP.

No response for the filed MTR yet, keeping fingers crossed!

Last edited by samanan; 12-11-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: typo error
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default EB3 or EB2

Just curious, Your's is EB3 or EB2 case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanan View Post

Employer just got the approval email for the H1B (premium processing) extension request - valid until 2009 december. This gives me some breathing space. Not clear yet though whether I need to go out and get stamped and come back for the change of status from AOS to H1 to take effect - I came in last time using AP.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunx_2004 View Post
Just curious, Your's is EB3 or EB2 case?
Mine was filed in EB3.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashneels2001 can only hope to improve

Did you file for a new I140. If not it has to be filed again with the education evaluation. Also, what did your LC state for the job qualification?

Old 12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2007
Compare
gcfever2007 is infamous around these parts
Default Samanan

Nice to Hear that you have got your h1 done,

Did you get your H1 applied based on your labor i am asking yu because you have already crossed 6 years of h1?

Good Luck with your MTR, i have the same educational credentials with eb3 but my case is still pending i will keep my fingers crossed.

Could you please respond to my question abt H1.

Thanks

Old 12-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
ssdtm is a jewel in the rough ssdtm is a jewel in the rough ssdtm is a jewel in the rough ssdtm is a jewel in the rough
Default Go for course-by-course evaluation

- You cannot use any experience in lieu of education to prove your equivalence to US bachelor’s degree.

- All you need is a new and detailed evaluation that includes “course-by-course” evaluation.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold
Default It was easier in 2000

Cannot blame attorney. This happened to many people whose labor was stuck in BEC. In 2000 it was easy to get I-140 approved even in EB2 for 3 year degree holders. Nebraska became tougher and TSC used to accept Sheila'a evaluation and now it's tough with detailed course-by-course evaluation also!!!

Labor will get approved even in EB2 with 3 year degree, but I-140 denial is for sure if the position is not advertised correctly. For H1 approval it is possible to combine exp, but NOT for I-140!

Quote:
Met with a new attorney today. The reason for the rejection is the newpaper advertisement for the requirement was given as "U.S. Bachelor's degree or equivalent". They did not accept my Indian 3 year degree (plus two year diploma) as the equivalent, saying the U.S Bachelors is a four year course and that is the reason they rejected it. The new attorney say the advertisement should have been worded differently to suit the case.

Not sure if the attorney who filed my I-140 & I-485 filed any education evaluation (though got separate money for evaluation). Basically that attorney screwed up my case.

We are going to file the MTR with new education evaluation, then hope God Help Me!

Last edited by gulute; 12-11-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: exp

Old 12-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashneels2001 can only hope to improve

Gulute,

With due respect, I disagree that an attorney cannot be blamed. A smart attorney knows what to put on LC application and how to advertise his client's case after reviewing his clients credentials.

Remember, with USCIS, it is how well you present your case and position takes you to the next level.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold gulute is a splendid one to behold
Default questionable credentials

Yes, but a lot has been changed with USCIS, since 2000. They are becoming smarter after dealt with many questionable credentials!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashneels2001 View Post
Gulute,

With due respect, I disagree that an attorney cannot be blamed. A smart attorney knows what to put on LC application and how to advertise his client's case after reviewing his clients credentials.

Remember, with USCIS, it is how well you present your case and position takes you to the next level.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
laksmi is on a distinguished road

after batch Degree 3 years + Masters 2 years -----> EB3
after batch Degree 4 years + Masters 2 years ------> EB2

Old 12-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/04/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
calif is a jewel in the rough calif is a jewel in the rough calif is a jewel in the rough
Default 3 year degree + US Masters?

If you have US Masters after 3 years of Indian BS, is it still EB3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laksmi View Post
after batch Degree 3 years + Masters 2 years -----> EB3
after batch Degree 4 years + Masters 2 years ------> EB2

Old 12-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcfever2007 View Post
Nice to Hear that you have got your h1 done,

Did you get your H1 applied based on your labor i am asking yu because you have already crossed 6 years of h1?

Good Luck with your MTR, i have the same educational credentials with eb3 but my case is still pending i will keep my fingers crossed.

Could you please respond to my question abt H1.

Thanks
I applied for the H1 based on my labor as an extension request, has been approved now for one year.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashneels2001 View Post
Gulute,

I agree with you on this, a good attorney presents the case in the best suiting for the candidate. I took more than one second opinion and all of them pointed to the same issue as the mistake of my original attorney - if the job required/description has been worded differently, they say I should have been fine.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

If your approved H1 has I-94 attached then you do not need to go get a visa stamp. Also if you work for same H1 employer, using AP does not invalidate your H1.

Old 12-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija View Post
If your approved H1 has I-94 attached then you do not need to go get a visa stamp. Also if you work for same H1 employer, using AP does not invalidate your H1.

Yes, I got the H1 & H4 notices today, both has the I-94 attached with the same number as of the previous I-94 (in which our status was AOS). This save us from some trouble (and money!).

Nothing on the MTR so far.