Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
it's not question of intelligence, rather it's the necessity.
Do we have to spend time & money and learn hindi just to read what gets scribbled in this forum??
I wasn't talking about this forum anymore. I was alluring to the situation in our country where a small group of rebellious and proud people refuse to learn what has been deemed a national language

I object to the talk of dividing the country by state, even though I like the idea myself. I reject this talk because of the reasons it assumes. Yes, even though it was a joke (a very poor one at that)

Anyway, it is obvious we will be moving away from the topic if we continue this. You are free to ignore this post

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I wasn't talking about this forum anymore. I was alluring to the situation in our country where a small group of rebellious and proud people refuse to learn what has been deemed a national language

I object to the talk of dividing the country by state, even though I like the idea myself. I reject this talk because of the reasons it assumes. Yes, even though it was a joke (a very poor one at that)

Anyway, it is obvious we will be moving away from the topic if we continue this. You are free to ignore this post
If it's needed people will learn it. Since "those" small group have not learned the "official" language, my point is "they" don't need it
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

How learning Hindi is going to help the small rebellious group? India has 26 official language and are you ready to learn all those official languages.

Moreover, India is a democracy and one needs to decide what they want to do or to learn.
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/04/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute chikna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Yes. There is hope. But only when you take it seriously.
Advocacy is the option for EB3 to get relief.
pappu, I am a donor and contributing to this forum. Does this help? OR what else do you need from us for EB3 campaign? 10 year wait is not enough for USCIS? Thanks.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
If it's needed people will learn it. Since "those" small group have not learned the "official" language, my point is "they" don't need it
Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
How learning Hindi is going to help the small rebellious group? India has 26 official language and are you ready to learn all those official languages.

Moreover, India is a democracy and one needs to decide what they want to do or to learn.
@bb The question is not whether it is needed, rather, whether people care enough and love their country enough to do a small duty to learn the national language. Why this partitionship and rigidity, and not to mention misplaced pride? If they learn it they will find use for it, and definitely not the other way round, because you cant learn a language on the spur of a moment

@nathan: Thank god, there is only one national language. If everyone starts demanding then we will all be in a nice hot soup and we can bid adieu to subjects like Science!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@bb The question is not whether it is needed, rather, whether people care enough and love their country enough to do a small duty to learn the national language. Why this partitionship and rigidity, and not to mention misplaced pride? If they learn it they will find use for it, and definitely not the other way round, because you cant learn a language on the spur of a moment

@nathan: Thank god, there is only one national language. If everyone starts demanding then we will all be in a nice hot soup and we can bid adieu to subjects like Science!
Languages of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Article 345 of the Indian constitution provides recognition to "official languages" of the union to include Standard Hindi or any one or more of the languages adopted by a state legislature as the official language. Until the Twenty-First Amendment of the Constitution in 1967, the country recognised 14 official regional languages. The Eighth Schedule and the Seventy-First Amendment provided for the inclusion of Sindhi, Konkani, Manipuri and Nepali, thereby increasing the number of official regional languages of India to 18.[22] Individual states, whose borders are mostly drawn on socio-linguistic lines, are free to decide their own language for internal administration and education.

Moreover, one does not need to learn a language until there is a need or interest. I dont see any pride in that.
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov

Last edited by snathan; 07-13-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
allinoneuser is on a distinguished road

Guys... your views are much appreciated, but can we stick to the topic here please?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Languages of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Article 345 of the Indian constitution provides recognition to "official languages" of the union to include Standard Hindi or any one or more of the languages adopted by a state legislature as the official language. Until the Twenty-First Amendment of the Constitution in 1967, the country recognised 14 official regional languages. The Eighth Schedule and the Seventy-First Amendment provided for the inclusion of Sindhi, Konkani, Manipuri and Nepali, thereby increasing the number of official regional languages of India to 18.[22] Individual states, whose borders are mostly drawn on socio-linguistic lines, are free to decide their own language for internal administration and education.

Moreover, one does not need to learn a language until there is a need or interest. I dont see any pride in that.

My dear friend, you will note that I never said "Don't learn your favorite language(s)". I just said that learning (or not learning) the national language should not be a matter of misplaced pride or regionalism. The national language is something we own, so people dont think we Indians have been taught to speak by England. So here it is our own pride and dignity

IMO "A" language and "national" language should be viewed a bit differently

Old 07-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
My dear friend, you will note that I never said "Don't learn your favorite language(s)". I just said that learning (or not learning) the national language should not be a matter of misplaced pride or regionalism. The national language is something we own, so people dont think we Indians have been taught to speak by England. So here it is our own pride and dignity

So basically you forgot how diversified India is...no more arguments..

D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov

Old 07-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
So basically you forgot how diversified India is...no more arguments..
Better than forgetting we are ONE nation

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

India doesn't have single national language period. Hindi and other 14 languages plus English are just official languages to facilitate communication and commerce between states. If two parties or states will have to agree on the language communicate to trade or exchange ideas. That's where Hindi gets knocked out and English gets used. I don't speak or understand Hindi. So I don't deal with conversation in Hindi. I am happy with it and I don't want damn my country to tell what language I should be learning. That's individual liberty and choice.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Friends, let's not confuse between what IS, and what SHOULD be.

On my part, I agree, maybe there is no "national" language (just read the wikipedia). But on the other hand, we have the official Indian language, which is Hindi

Where I grew up, Hindi was a second language, English was first and the regional language was last

I was given no choice and the regional language, and even the second and first languages were forced upon me.

If we extend the doctrine of individual liberty and choice I would not have shortlisted any of the subjects other than maths and science . Oh, and maybe drawing and PT (LOL)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of sk76012w has much to be proud of
Default What about official national sport?

Good that you found out there is no national language. Even if there is one, it does not need to be embraced by all just because the word "national" is added to it. People may recognize something "national" as "national". But they don't have to necessarily embrace it. That is where the question of necessity comes into picture. Convenience and interest also matter. Best cases are our national sport and calendar. How many times have you played or watched hockey? How many times have you referred to our national calendar?

Last edited by sk76012w; 07-14-2011 at 01:35 PM.