Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default or marry American girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal_Hope View Post
The solution to all our visa backlog issues is:
1. Stop marrying.......
2. Dont have children ...or atleast not in your home country

Brilliant!
or marry American girl

Old 12-11-2008, 12:11 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all
Smile There is a real time machine project in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulgc View Post
even if we could do population control, another thing we would need is a time machine to go back and implement the control with retroactive effect. is there anyone who has been working on a time machine? How is it coming?
USA is trying to build a time machine to go back 10-15 yrs and so they can fix the economy. Let us desi and our chinese brothers wait until the time machine is ready. We can then copy it and produce it in china and setup techical support center in India for these time machines. While doing so we will still wait in this GC queue while expecting our people back in our place to use the time machine because if we get on it we will be back in the place were we came from
Instead you can just buy a ticket and board a plane to our place. And you can still monitor the visa bulletin every month and also do prediction in this forum
I485 Appl Mailed - 5Jul2007
I485 Appl ND - 7Sep2007
FP date -??
I485 Approval - ??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute pbojja has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nasty Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbojja View Post
Stop the non-sense . As if USCIS-DOL knows exactly how many portings are going on ..do you think all the movement of this dates make sense ? just check last year movements .. they have no theory no logic or no numbers they just move with no logic ... At the end of year they move to 2006 or 2007and back to 2003 next year ..

I m EB2 2006 and I have no problems with portings ..go for it EB3 folks ..I know it will be a year or more process but worth it , I think EB3 early 2000 folks deserve GC than a 2006-2007 EB2 folks(Dont think you are genious just because you are EB2 ..we know we all do same jobs).

I m ready for reds and dont care a bit .
Some one left a nasty message for this post with a red. I m not even worried about red but your comment made me sick and here is the message for you .

Looks like you are grown up wrong ? either you lived in a environment like the one in your message or completely out of your mind after you grow up .

I m surprsied you are educated and made it to US and waiting for GC ..wow what a sick idiot ..

Old 12-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute

Kavita - I absolutely disagree with you. All of us (people on L-1, F-1, J-1, H1, B1, K1 and their derivatives....) went to US consulate to request for VISA. US consulate never came to your door with a VISA. Yes, it is your privilege to file GC but it is not your right. You can shower yourself with tags like "highly skilled" and what not but truth is, if we are so highly skilled then why are we having so many issues with Green Card? Why no one in this country is listening to us? They listened to bank's issues and came up with 750 Billion dollars in 2 flipping weeks. They have almost granted 15 Billion to auto industry. Meanwhile, we, self proclaimed highly skilled are fighting to have driver's license in DMV offices. And above all, when someone on H1 and L1 gets laid off, what is the problem in packing up the bag and going back to home country? It is us...you and me, who love to live in this country, we fight tooth and nail to live here, somehow, anyhow, at any cost!

The way I look at it, we are here because this country provides us a very good quality of life and we see bright future for our family. After 5-10 years, we get so used to America that it hurts to even think that we are still on a temporary VISA.

Please attack my thought, do not attack me or my self esteem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavita View Post
I absolutely agree with you. I can't imagine how a person of Indian or Chinese origin can blame themselves of this retrogression. To me, it is a reflection of poor self esteem.
The bottomline is that we are here because we are needed here. We have the privilege to apply for green card in return for the work we do. Country quota does not make sense in employment based immigration. It is an unfair practice which has to stop someday.
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - July 2007 and pending
Filed 2nd labor in 2009
Filed 2nd I-140 in 2009
Ported the PD
GC in 08-2010 almost 10 years after coming to the US.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar1 View Post
All of us (people on L-1, F-1, J-1, H1, B1, K1 and their derivatives....) went to US consulate to request for VISA. US consulate never came to your door with a VISA.
Everyone goes to Bank and do transactions , that doesn't mean that we only need Bank and Bank doesn't need us and our deposits.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

I 200% agree with you. It does hurt that we are home and yet are treated as aliens. Green card is a symbol of where we belong - and it would nice for Congress and USCIS to understand that we are contributing members of American society who will benefit from becoming an integral part of it. Green card should be given from a test of allegiance not from backlogging.

Quote:
Kavita - I absolutely disagree with you. All of us (people on L-1, F-1, J-1, H1, B1, K1 and their derivatives....) went to US consulate to request for VISA. US consulate never came to your door with a VISA. Yes, it is your privilege to file GC but it is not your right. You can shower yourself with tags like "highly skilled" and what not but truth is, if we are so highly skilled then why are we having so many issues with Green Card? Why no one in this country is listening to us? They listened to bank's issues and came up with 750 Billion dollars in 2 flipping weeks. They have almost granted 15 Billion to auto industry. Meanwhile, we, self proclaimed highly skilled are fighting to have driver's license in DMV offices. And above all, when someone on H1 and L1 gets laid off, what is the problem in packing up the bag and going back to home country? It is us...you and me, who love to live in this country, we fight tooth and nail to live here, somehow, anyhow, at any cost!

The way I look at it, we are here because this country provides us a very good quality of life and we see bright future for our family. After 5-10 years, we get so used to America that it hurts to even think that we are still on a temporary VISA.

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed! But when you call your bank to send you a debit card, they send it in days if not in weeks....that shows a sign of inter-dependability and a sense of need for each other. Sort of...I need you, you need me. You do not have to file MTR if they don't send you a debit card within 10 days.

Compare that with US consulate and DOS VISA bulletin and GC process...

Quote:
Originally Posted by javadeveloper View Post
Everyone goes to Bank and do transactions , that doesn't mean that we only need Bank and Bank doesn't need us and our deposits.
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - July 2007 and pending
Filed 2nd labor in 2009
Filed 2nd I-140 in 2009
Ported the PD
GC in 08-2010 almost 10 years after coming to the US.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Agreed! But when you call your bank to send you a debit card, they send it in days if not in weeks....that shows a sign of inter-dependability and a sense of need for each other. Sort of...I need you, you need me. You do not have to file MTR if they don't send you a debit card within 10 days.

Agreed

Old 12-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold

Kumar,
I am sorry if my choice of words hurt you in any way.
I am a physician and I know there is shortage of physicians in US. At my place, we are looking for new candidates all the time. I am sure my employer realises the importance of a number of Indian physicians who have filled their advertised positions time and again, thanks to education system in India and a population big enough to be able to send some to US.
It will be different if US lawmakers start to blame Indian or China for huge populations, and I doubt they will ever do. If they do, only then I will think of going back. Just because they bailed out bank or now automakers, does not mean that what is going on with legal immigrants is justified.
I feel the major philosophy of immigration voice is to remove discrimination based on country of origin. So lets stick to that and try to make our case to the lawmakers.

Quote:

Last edited by kavita; 12-11-2008 at 07:45 PM.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold kavita is a splendid one to behold

If US does not benefit from giving the visas, are they doing it as a part of social service?
Quote:
All of us (people on L-1, F-1, J-1, H1, B1, K1 and their derivatives....) went to US consulate to request for VISA. US consulate never came to your door with a VISA. !

Old 12-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/28/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all gjoe is a name known to all
Post They have a seperate category for that

Quote:
If US does not benefit from giving the visas, are they doing it as a part of social service?
Social Service GC is called as Asylum and that comes with added benefits like medicaid and social security checks for a few years.
Black Hole research GC is also called EB3 GC which comes with lot of uncertanities until you really get it Unfortunately many of us choose this type because of our math and science background
I485 Appl Mailed - 5Jul2007
I485 Appl ND - 7Sep2007
FP date -??
I485 Approval - ??

Old 12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation to those who put blame on indian population for retrogression

Quote:
Kavita,

There are some ppl who will never wakeup, always think themselves as baggers. They do not know what they can achieve if they are united and if they have some willpower & brain. East-Indian-americans are not even 0.5% of the total US population and are among some of the highly successful ethnic groups.

Banks got bailout as they made noise, so are the auto companies. We have many fools who are still in denials even after such a big injustice (unfair country quota for EB category), they just hide behind their false explanations & stupid theory and never even think that asking for or fighting against injustice. This is called escapism.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kumar,
We recently had this experience with our bank. We saw a level of carelessness thrice. You know what, we closed our account with the bank and open it with a new one. Please do not assume somebody is doing a favor on you. You contribute and work hard. You will get benefits. Same applies to the other party also. Please be able to see from both sides, else it will leave a bad taste for you as you seem to assume that you are the taker. Most of us are givers too here. Please respect the contribution IF you make. I have seen this one-sided feeling mostly with people who are just takers and do not contribute atall. If thats the case, then you are absolutely right.
But not in my case. Doesnt look in Kavita's case or many others, as I see.

Old 12-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of munnu77 has much to be proud of

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_4406.html

Old 12-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice
Post No Explanation about EB cutoff dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnu77 View Post
Did you guys noticed there is no Explanation about EB cutoff dates in this VB as they used to put some comments about how the going forward will be..thats strange