Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum88-priority-dates-transfers-and-post-140-approval-options/)
-   -   Jan-2009 Visa Bulletin- For Real (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum88-priority-dates-transfers-and-post-140-approval-options/22673-jan-2009-visa-bulletin-for-real.html)

Ennada 12-10-2008 10:10 AM

Jan-2009 Visa Bulletin- For Real

http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/cut_off_dates.html

ItIsNotFunny 12-10-2008 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ennada (Post 305652)

EB3-India moved for 15 days. This sucks.

sledge_hammer 12-10-2008 10:50 AM

and EB2-India by a month; yaaaaay :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny (Post 305654)
EB3-India moved for 15 days. This sucks.

Ennada 12-10-2008 11:11 AM

Wait for April

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledge_hammer (Post 305655)

Looking at the way they moved the dates last year, we can expect reasonable movements only in April VB. Strictly based on last year's trend, we could see dates reaching 2005 in April and possibly 2007 in August.

gcsim 12-10-2008 11:28 AM

what r these guys playing immigration-immigration with us.

anilsal 12-10-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coopheal (Post 305660)
A movement of 15 days in EB3-I is a good movement. Big movement in EB3 without law change is not possible.

You are correct. In fact, without some legislation or a bill for recapture getting passed, large movement in dates in not possible.

hydboy77 12-10-2008 01:16 PM

going forward eb2 will move backward while eb3 will move forward

With all the porting nonsense going on eb2 will move backward and eb3 will inch forward slowly. We might end up with eb2 and eb3 in 2002. congrats to all the people who ported, the only thing you accomplished is you made sure eb2 does not progress (it does not mean you have have moved forward by porting, it just means that you have made sure you have prevented original eb2 guys from getting green card), the people who ported wont gain any benefit but they will make it worse for everyone, they have to file a second i140 which will take at least another 1 year to clear and after 1 year when the ported 140's clear the eb2 will go back to 2002. You have also accomplished another great feat, DOL is going to make it impossible to file eb2 in IT jobs so even genuine people are screwed. Before people start giving red dots and justifying there porting I have an message for you, your behavior is no different from the people who did labor substitution, the end result was DOL ended labor substitution and the result of all this porting is DOL has made it impossible to get eb2 even for genuine cases. Just because others are doing it does not mean you can do it, obviously it is wrong therefore dol removed labor substitution and now dol is making it impossible to get eb2 for IT jobs even for genuine cases. 90 % of people doing this porting are desi consulting employees, they wine and complain about desi consulting companies as blood suckers (justifiably) but they themselves are bloodsuckers on the EB2 community by doing this eb3 to eb2 porting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilsal (Post 305662)
You are correct. In fact, without some legislation or a bill for recapture getting passed, large movement in dates in not possible.

niklshah 12-10-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydboy77 (Post 305673)
With all the porting nonsense going on eb2 will move backward and eb3 will inch forward slowly. We might end up with eb2 and eb3 in 2002. congrats to all the people who ported, the only thing you accomplished is you made sure eb2 does not progress (it does not mean you have have moved forward by porting, it just means that you have made sure you have prevented original eb2 guys from getting green card), the people who ported wont gain any benefit but they will make it worse for everyone, they have to file a second i140 which will take at least another 1 year to clear and after 1 year when the ported 140's clear the eb2 will go back to 2002. You have also accomplished another great feat, DOL is going to make it impossible to file eb2 in IT jobs so even genuine people are screwed. Before people start giving red dots and justifying there porting I have an message for you, your behavior is no different from the people who did labor substitution, the end result was DOL ended labor substitution and the result of all this porting is DOL has made it impossible to get eb2 even for genuine cases. Just because others are doing it does not mean you can do it, obviously it is wrong therefore dol removed labor substitution and now dol is making it impossible to get eb2 for IT jobs even for genuine cases. 90 % of people doing this porting are desi consulting employees, they wine and complain about desi consulting companies as blood suckers (justifiably) but they themselves are bloodsuckers on the EB2 community by doing this eb3 to eb2 porting.

there u go again... EB3 - EB2 crying continues.....from your post it looks that only EB3 is responsible for no forward movemant of EB2.. cool down dude thats not the only reason... be honest and tell in how many IV campaigns u have participated...? and also how many originally filled EB2 really deserve to file in EB3... I am pharmacist but we are in EB3 eventhough we required Pharm D now to get pharmacist license which is equivalent to phd.. so stop crying and start working on IV campaigns thats the only thing which will help..

pbojja 12-10-2008 01:45 PM

Non-sense

Quote:

Stop the non-sense . As if USCIS-DOL knows exactly how many portings are going on ..do you think all the movement of this dates make sense ? just check last year movements .. they have no theory no logic or no numbers they just move with no logic ... At the end of year they move to 2006 or 2007and back to 2003 next year ..

I m EB2 2006 and I have no problems with portings ..go for it EB3 folks ..I know it will be a year or more process but worth it , I think EB3 early 2000 folks deserve GC than a 2006-2007 EB2 folks(Dont think you are genious just because you are EB2 ..we know we all do same jobs).

I m ready for reds and dont care a bit .

jonty_11 12-10-2008 01:48 PM

at which point it will be alottery again ..until dates move back to the stone age..in August 2009

isedkeem 12-10-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Another reason for the slow movement is people getting married.. a spouse potentially accounts for yet another visa number and this adds to the unpredictability of the system. It gets even worse with non-US born kids.

Ennada 12-10-2008 03:36 PM

Easy boys and girls. We will need to stay united to win this. Cool it and enjoy the holiday season. :)

HawaldarNaik 12-10-2008 03:46 PM

Wait for Obama

I expect things to be more transparent from February onwards (note month of Feb), that is because i beleive that the new leadership will ensure that there is a transparency in the whole process rather than a lottery like approach to the dates.
Also i beleive the whole GC process will be more professional giving folks like us much much more respect than what the current approach is doing....

Eternal_Hope 12-10-2008 03:56 PM

So now we know ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by isedkeem (Post 305711)
Another reason for the slow movement is people getting married.. a spouse potentially accounts for yet another visa number and this adds to the unpredictability of the system. It gets even worse with non-US born kids.

The solution to all our visa backlog issues is:
1. Stop marrying.......
2. Dont have children ...or atleast not in your home country

Brilliant!

kumar1 12-10-2008 03:57 PM

Why are you jumping like s stupid dog? Please explain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sledge_hammer (Post 305655)