Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/25/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute NELLAIKUMAR has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy 140 Approved - Working for Satyam.

Hello,
MY GC is sponsored by Satyam under EB-2 and my I-140 was approved 6 months ago. I have not filed 485 due to unavailability of visa dates. My priority date is 2007 December.

I am in an unfortunate situation right now due to the latest developments with Satyam. My Option is to join another company and get started with the fresh PERM and at least be able to use my priority date. Do you think there will be any issues in getting my PD ported due to the fact everyone knows the bad name Satyam has got now. Or do I have any other better option based on your experience.. Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELLAIKUMAR View Post
Hello,
MY GC is sponsored by Satyam under EB-2 and my I-140 was approved 6 months ago. I have not filed 485 due to unavailability of visa dates. My priority date is 2007 December.

I am in an unfortunate situation right now due to the latest developments with Satyam. My Option is to join another company and get started with the fresh PERM and at least be able to use my priority date. Do you think there will be any issues in getting my PD ported due to the fact everyone knows the bad name Satyam has got now. Or do I have any other better option based on your experience.. Thanks in advance for your inputs and suggestions.

Thanks..
Sorry, did not realize that you haven't filed 485.

Last edited by krishna_brc; 01-07-2009 at 04:29 PM.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna_brc View Post
You need not file new PERM
Find a new job matching your original labor and invoke AC21.
Search for AC21 in the forum
AC21 privileges available only after filing for I485 and the application is pending for 180 days.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts rajpatelemail is infamous around these parts
Default Pls get H1 transfer first.. And GC can be thought as second thing..

Pls get H1 transfer first.. And GC can be thought as second thing..

If you are on L1, then nothing can be doen now.
Hope u r on H1, then you can atleast secure the future by moving ASAP.
Yes it shd be done ASAP

Old 01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold thepaew is a splendid one to behold
Default Do over

Sorry to hear of your situation. Find a new job and refile labor, I-140, etc.. Date will be ported if your application is identical AND your previous I-140 is not revoked. If your old PD is not captured, then you will get a new one.

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks..
Monthly Financial Contributer

Old 01-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold ski_dude12 is a splendid one to behold

As it might take a long time for the priority date of December 2007 to be current, your best bet might be to find a new job and start your GC process again. If you can port your labor/I-140, it will make things easier for you.

Also, you have to account for the possibility of Satyam shutting down or you getting laid off. Either case you will have to refile GC.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepaew View Post
Sorry to hear of your situation. Find a new job and refile labor, I-140, etc.. Date will be ported if your application is identical AND your previous I-140 is not revoked. If your old PD is not captured, then you will get a new one.
THAT IS NOT CORRECT
For Date porting, application does not have to be "IDENTICAL"

BELOW is actual Rule:
(e) Retention of section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) priority date. --

A petition approved on behalf of an alien under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act accords the alien the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed petition for any classification under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act for which the alien may qualify. In the event that the alien is the beneficiary of multiple petitions under sections 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Act, the alien shall be entitled to the earliest priority date. A petition revoked under sections 204(e) or 205 of the Act will not confer a priority date, nor will any priority date be established as a result of a denied petition. A priority date is not transferable to another alien.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice GCAmigo is just really nice
Default Who knows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_dude12 View Post
As it might take a long time for the priority date of December 2007 to be current.
Not if you go by what http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/member.php?u=32031 sayshttp://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20185&page=29!

~GCA

Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb_248 View Post
AC21 privileges available only after filing for I485 and the application is pending for 180 days.
Sorry NELLAIKUMAR,
I did not realize that you haven't filed I-485.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default satyam will!

Satyam as an firm will be around.. only the top guard will be replaced.
You will see a new CEO and it will be back to business as usual.
Raju will face the music.. and the hard part as i see is.. Satyam trying to figure out the actual numbers.. what is real and what is not

its just turbulent times.. for satyam..not the end of the world for the company...It may lose a few clients..thats the worse that can happen...

Unlike enron where everything was gas..satyam is a typical middle class desi company... did u see the number he fudged..600cr instead of 61 cr..;-)(approx) .. so satyam has cash reserves.. the number game he played only impacted its valuation..and which in turn bumped up its share prices.. it still is a viable company..

btw.. i am not in IT...

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks..

Old 01-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks..
You just joined painful elite club of Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch............................................. ................ .................................................. ............... .................................................. ...
with its Indian version. All immigrants in those companies are facing problems. But the best part in your favour is, if company lays you off and your I-140 is approved, USCIS is very liberal.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 01-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold

Satyam is still around. If it will go down (any thing possible in this market) then you have to look for new jobs otherwise nothing to panic... Work and wait for your date to be current to file I-485. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
Satyam as an firm will be around.. only the top guard will be replaced.
You will see a new CEO and it will be back to business as usual.
Raju will face the music.. and the hard part as i see is.. Satyam trying to figure out the actual numbers.. what is real and what is not

its just turbulent times.. for satyam..not the end of the world for the company...It may lose a few clients..thats the worse that can happen...

Unlike enron where everything was gas..satyam is a typical middle class desi company... did u see the number he fudged..600cr instead of 61 cr..;-)(approx) .. so satyam has cash reserves.. the number game he played only impacted its valuation..and which in turn bumped up its share prices.. it still is a viable company..

btw.. i am not in IT...

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Something similar happened with CA

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/04/25/ca_was_crooked/

The company is still existing.

CA=Computer Associates
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 01-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
unknown123 is an unknown quantity at this point

just hang on for sometime....

Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute gaz has a reputation beyond repute

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...338#post307338

good luck

key thing is not to panic - things will work out.