Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
delta3110 is a splendid one to behold delta3110 is a splendid one to behold delta3110 is a splendid one to behold delta3110 is a splendid one to behold delta3110 is a splendid one to behold delta3110 is a splendid one to behold
Default I-140 Approved according to employer

According to my employer, I-140 (RD 15th June 2007) was approved last week after a long wait. But the case status is not updated in the online site. Can this happen? Any advice.
Employer would not sent copy of approved receipt to me.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta3110 View Post
According to my employer, I-140 (RD 15th June 2007) was approved last week after a long wait. But the case status is not updated in the online site. Can this happen? Any advice.
Employer would not sent copy of approved receipt to me.
The online status isn't very reliable. Even though my H1B extension was approved a year and a half ago and I have the approval documents in hand, the online status still says pending. Check your status on the phone instead.
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007

Old 03-24-2009, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts kumarc123 is infamous around these parts
Default How does the employer know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkam View Post
The online status isn't very reliable. Even though my H1B extension was approved a year and a half ago and I have the approval documents in hand, the online status still says pending. Check your status on the phone instead.
How does the employer know? If he was send a hard copy mail, then yes it could be correct,
if not the how can he receive an email without the system uploading any information.

Thank you

Old 03-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold
Default Same situation with me

Dont rely on the online status information as it is not always up to date.....

My I140 was also approved a couple of weeks ago and my employer showed me the approval notice and also made me a copy for personal record......
Participated in D.C. rally on 18th of Sept 2007.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of nav_kri has much to be proud of
Default same here

My I140 was approved last Aug but the online status still shows pending. My attorney provided me a copy of approval notice. Is there any way we can get the status updated?

Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of ashkam has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarc123 View Post
How does the employer know? If he was send a hard copy mail, then yes it could be correct,
if not the how can he receive an email without the system uploading any information.

Thank you
Sometimes the case officer himself contacts the attorney once the case is approved. Or your employer could have checked on the phone.
I-485 delivered to NSC 8 August 2007
Receipted at TSC 2 October 2007

Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold

delta,
The online status and the USCIS phone runs off a different system and are totally unreliable. The best way is to schedule a Infopass appointment. This system will tell you everything you want to know about your case. You can schedule as many appt as you want...when I had problems with my mailing address, I went there every few weeks to make sure it is updated (because I moved in 2008). While you're there check if your name check has been cleared, when your fingerprint will be expiring, any RFE and your address.

Fittan

Old 04-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prv_1979 is on a distinguished road
Default Same with my case

I have the same issue too.

My I140 was approved last week (RD July 2007). I have the approval notice copy from the lawyer but the online status is still saying its pending.

I called uscis and she told me that she is seeing that its pending too but if i have the approval notice then not to worry. It takes them some time sometimes to update the system, as per her.

But my concern is, when my PD becomes current and if their own system shows my I140 penidng(eventhough it's approved), how will they approve 485?

Any one in same boat or any past experience?

Thanks and good luck to all who are waiting.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute wandmaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by prv_1979 View Post
i have the same issue too.

My i140 was approved last week (rd july 2007). I have the approval notice copy from the lawyer but the online status is still saying its pending.

I called uscis and she told me that she is seeing that its pending too but if i have the approval notice then not to worry. It takes them some time sometimes to update the system, as per her.

But my concern is, when my pd becomes current and if their own system shows my i140 penidng(eventhough it's approved), how will they approve 485?

Any one in same boat or any past experience?

Thanks and good luck to all who are waiting.
v

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandmaker View Post
now-a-days, online system is not in sync with the case system. Level csr will see what you see on online system. As long as you have the hardcopy of the approval, you are good to go. Someday, online status will change.