Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > 140 stage > Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options
Click to log in with Facebook
Priority dates transfers and Post 140-approval options Discussion related to transferring priority date of old green card file to a new file after 140 approval.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pm430 is on a distinguished road
Question Question-Changing Jobs after I-140 Approved with respect to Current and Proposed rule

Hi,

I have my I-140 approved for more than 2 years now with my current employer. If I change my employer now or get fired from my current sponsoring company before the proposed rule comes into effect and join a new company and then my current employer (my PERM & I-140 sponsoring company) withdraws my I-140 and it is revoked by USCIS before the proposed rule comes into effect, can I still use my old priority date when my new employer files new PERM and I-140 even if the proposed rule comes into effect after my old I-140 is withdrawn and revoked?

Does the timing matters (before or after the proposed rule comes into effect) for when to leave the current employer?

Would appreciate if you can please answer the above question assuming the proposed rule is going to be same when it becomes as a final rule and suggest what should be the ideal approach I should follow.

Thanks,
PM
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote