Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   News articles and reports (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum89-news-articles-and-reports/)
-   -   Remit2india scammers (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum89-news-articles-and-reports/1130861-remit2india-scammers.html)

jaihind 02-13-2010 07:47 AM

Remit2india scammers

Dear All

This is to share with all Remit 2 India - the money transfer people systematiclly hold on to your remittances long periods and making money out of us. Recently I sent a remittances and even after 6 BUSINESS DAYS and 9 DAYS - it has not reached the beneficiary yet - and when you ask questions ALL YOU GET IS ELUSIVE REPLIES BY HALF BAKED TELE MARKETERS.

PLEASE AVOID USING RENIT2INDIA IF YOU CAN.

alex99 02-13-2010 08:34 AM

I had the same issue before

I had the same issue before

krishmunn 02-13-2010 09:46 AM

Use SBI Online GLS. Takes about a week, very reliable and best exchange rate

solaris27 02-13-2010 02:56 PM

use SBI

SBI - Global Link Services

gcgonewild 02-13-2010 06:46 PM

Ditto with ICICI. It used to be very good. Got greedy.

Use Moneygram whenever you can. Little expensive, but delivered right away.

But using Moneygram for first time is painful, as the Bankers (such as Indian Bank and IOB) are such idiots that the process looks so "Not Instant". Once you have an account, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Lets see how the issue with paypal goes.

Green_Always 02-13-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishmunn (Post 1482941)
Use SBI Online GLS. Takes about a week, very reliable and best exchange rate

Yes SBI Online is good.. recently they changed the url.. :-) other than this "all is well " ( good ) .

desitechie 02-14-2010 10:08 PM

Can we use SBI global to send money to any bank account in India?

If yes, hows it done?

Thanks

krishmunn 02-14-2010 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desitechie (Post 1493941)
Can we use SBI global to send money to any bank account in India?

If yes, hows it done?

Thanks

Yes.
Go to SBI - Global Link Services Steps are pretty easy to follow.

You will first have to setup your US account (there is a verification process whcih takes 3- 4 days) and then setup beneficiary account.

desitechie 02-15-2010 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishmunn (Post 1494044)
Yes.
Go to SBI - Global Link Services Steps are pretty easy to follow.

You will first have to setup your US account (there is a verification process whcih takes 3- 4 days) and then setup beneficiary account.

Thank you. I will register.

If the beneficiary account is a non-sbi account, then will it be deleivered as a demand draft?

reddy_h 02-15-2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desitechie (Post 1496553)
Thank you. I will register.

If the beneficiary account is a non-sbi account, then will it be deleivered as a demand draft?

If the beneficiary account is non-sbi, then it can be delivered by NEFT, RTGS or via DD.

snthampi 02-15-2010 06:09 PM

I used to use Remit2india years back. When I found out that they are ripping me off, I started using ICICI. Lately, ICICI is doing the exact same thing. I don't know whom else to use. Is SBI's exchange rate better than that of ICICI?

srinivasj 02-15-2010 06:13 PM

its same with everyone..i tried hdfc, sbi online and then finally settled for Icici..atleast there customer service is good..

pakku 06-11-2013 06:14 PM

Attention All Friends out there - Remit2India.com is a scam

Recently I tried to send some money to India. First few transaction was okay...now I send some huge amount and surprise.......what...It had not reached the beneficiary yet.....If you want to send money safe, make sure you dont do it through remit2india....customer care they are just dead like carrots...i am wondering why they are there sitting for customer service...they don't know anything about the status any fault....I am really pissed off with their service...When you are in urgent need to send it and this happens seriously.....I tried calling their customer service that ".,*ing stupid ring tone and delay in their automated machine to answer and then you keep on holding for nearly 20 minutes still that (swearing here) stupid tone....money gone by sending through it and now losing on this call as well.....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:: mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

nrmarrivada9 06-12-2013 09:45 AM

I experimented with Remit2India, HDFC Direct Deposit, and Moneydart.

Remit2India is the worst. Whenever you make a huge transaction the money is held hostage till they make a good profit out of it. I used it for about two yrs and switched to Moneydart on friends recommendation. I have been using it since an 1.5 yrs and have no complaints so far.
1) Exchange rate is better than the rest 2) Exchange rate is fixed on the day that you ordered the transaction. 3) There is a fee of $15, but that is a coupon code that brings the rate to $5. 4) You could call and request them to expedite the transaction because of which transaction could be completed in 24hrs (if you call before 2 PM).

HDFC Direct deposit is the worst.

My friend uses SBI NRI account. SBI gives a rate better than that of Moneydart and the transaction time is also than 24 hrs per the process that he walked me through. It was pretty impressive. SBI requires that you maintain $1000 deposit to avoid transaction fee.

- Naveen Reddy

AceMan 06-12-2013 10:02 AM

I use Western Union

Western Union is quick for transfer to India, but the payout is only in cash or if about Rs. 50 K then check.
Xoom.com give lesser exchange rates than WU, but the amount can be put into account directly.