Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
sk2006 is infamous around these parts sk2006 is infamous around these parts sk2006 is infamous around these parts sk2006 is infamous around these parts sk2006 is infamous around these parts sk2006 is infamous around these parts sk2006 is infamous around these parts

Boycott this magazine.
Cancel your subscriptions.

Last edited by sk2006; 07-05-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2009, 05:00 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Sent the letter. I will be cancelling my subscription, will call customer support for cancellation and explain them the reason and will ask the rep. to convey to their manager.

thanks walkingdude.

GCCovet

Old 07-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light raydon is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up

I frequently get offers via regular and electronic mail from this magazine, virtually "begging" for my membership. When I get the next notice, I'll send a reply to their "begging" department as to why I chose not to buy their blatantly anti-immigration rag of a magazine.

The effforts of the IV members are commendable, but it takes more than protests to shut the likes of Herbst and John Piano down. Lawsuits is what will bring it takes, but then that is costly. In this country, the fear of being hauled to court is what works effectively. Just my view of things though.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Raven is on a distinguished road
Default Lets keep writing! Be Assertive!

I think we should keep writing.. Writing letters to not just Moira but anyone who, without understanding the issues in complete light makes comments like these. its really not about the term "slumdog", its about the fact that they portray eb immigration otherwise and that affects each one of us. There is one thing that I have learnt in this country is that people will walk all over you if you are not assertive. Especially, when you are right - be firm, stand your ground and fight! This is the least we can do for ourselves! I hope others will join us!

Old 07-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

No. I didn't go gaga over a poverty-worshiping film winning the Oscars. The film was entertaining, but hardly the Oscar material. That's my personal opinion. Others may think differently.

The "S" word in the movie refers to only one person Jamal Malik (played by Dev Patel) - a real slum dweller who has a dream run in "Who wants to be millionaire". A typical Hollywood/Bollywood rags to riches love story + musical. Nowhere does it make the point that ALL Indians are illiterates hailing from the slum. That is not the point of the movie.

Even a real former-slum dweller will not take it kindly (and most likely react violently) if he/she is called a "S" due to it's negative connotations. When Kevin or others use the term, they are not refering to the movie. It's a stereotyping term to dismiss Indians as an uneducated slum-dwelling class from a Third-World country (which is a misnomer after the Collapse of the Soviet Union and rise of China and India), who is out to spread filth and corruption in America. Yes, used in that sense "S" word is indeed racist and must be condemned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointlesswait View Post
Its difficult for everyone to be on our side..if our struggle.

I have sent the mail....Ignorant have to be enlightened.

Now...talking abt the article being racist.. I beg to differ...

The use of word "Slumdog" should hardly be cause of insult for us desis.. didnt we all go gaga when AR Rehman won oscar for his Slumdog Song.. didnt we all sing jai ho ..and feel good..

When we didnt oppose the movie for its "racist" title.. how can you stop someone from calling us Slumdogs..

I didnt find the article racist.. but i definitely dont agree with her....

I attended the call and i emailed my objection.

It was a good grass root effort.. we must continue our fight..

these tough times will only get uglier.. we must not lose our civility ...

Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Really want to bring the change

Attack their sponsors. List all the sponsors of business week and start email/mailing complaint letters to their CEO's. Threaten them that their product lines will not only be boycotted by Indian diaspora but India as a country. I am sure 50% of them will pull a plug on advertisements in business week. This bitch has to loose her job and join the unemployment line.....

Old 07-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

Indians are very less compared to entire population of USA. In that most of Indian origin persons who already got GC or citizenship do not care about future gc aspirants. So if a few thousand H1b or EAD people boycott nothing is going to happen. Instead of that it is better to contest their points to disprove that they are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawa2574 View Post
Attack their sponsors. List all the sponsors of business week and start email/mailing complaint letters to their CEO's. Threaten them that their product lines will not only be boycotted by Indian diaspora but India as a country. I am sure 50% of them will pull a plug on advertisements in business week. This bitch has to loose her job and join the unemployment line.....

Old 07-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Let's not jump to conclusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
Indians are very less compared to entire population of USA. In that most of Indian origin persons who already got GC or citizenship do not care about future gc aspirants. So if a few thousand H1b or EAD people boycott nothing is going to happen. Instead of that it is better to contest their points to disprove that they are wrong.
I am saying threaten CEO's that their products will be boycotted by Indians. This is the problem with this damn IV forum that they don't take agressive and substantial action against this BS but just be a silent spectator.

Clearly IV leadership needs a change. Nothing productive is coming out their lobbying efforts and things are getting worse. We need people who can be aggressive and get some media limelight for that . hit back twice if someone hits you.

Old 07-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
Default Stop licking Democrats

Indians are being discriminated against, our visas are getting invoked, We are being targeted and destabilized but IV core team is sitting as a mute spectator. Don't ask for donations if this is what u are going to do ?

Last edited by mbawa2574; 07-05-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Old 07-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold valuablehurdle is a splendid one to behold

Sent an e-mail.. Good effort...

Old 07-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know this? Did you conduct a poll of all Indian-origin GCs and Citizens to reach this conclusion? When Kevin called "Indians" as slumdogs, he didn't make any distinction between citizen, GC or a person on visa.

When he threatens murder he doesn't make any such disctinction. Any Indian-origin person is fair game. Do you think an anti-Indian goon you meet in a back-alley will really ask you for proof GC and or citizenship before attacking you?

There are peope who think they have become non-Indians once they get GC or citizenship. That is until they get attacked for still continuing to look Indian, a fact that they can't change.

Quote:

Old 07-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Rob Sanchez (RS) exposes himself as a sociopath when he confesses to finding the idea of Indians being threatened with murder is "Entertaining" ( "Allow me to come out of the
closet and admit that sometimes I go to his website. I find his material
entertaining
and yet provocative"). Only a psychopath with serious mental illness can find stuff like the video of Indian guy burning as "Entertaining". That exactly defines Rob Sanchez.

He has the IQ level of a tadpole. He has a simple COBOL algorithm for countering views that don't match his own. Is the person belonging to a non-caucasian (XXX) race? Add the suffix "supremacist" next to his/her race (XXX-supremacist). If the person belongs to Caucasian-race that person cannot be racist (as per the tadpole logic). Add the prefix by choosing one of the 3 options - "shill" or "H1B shill" or "corporate shill" - randomly. If the views of that person matches (that of Rob) qualify that person as "expert" in Immigration, Economics, and all other study fields known to mankind. That's pretty much it. Poor Rob doesn't possess mental faculties to think beyond the above algorithm.

The fact that Prof. Matloff uses expertise of a confirmed sociopath like Rob to review his papers, proves the much celebrated professor (by the anti-H1B tunnel rats) to be an eminent fake. We have to honor Prof. Matloff with some honors of our own - "amateur economist", wannabe economist, psuedo-economist, techno-nativist, discredited fake. We don't have to limit ourselves to Tadpole Cobol algorithm given above.

I don't see any reason Prof Matloff is given publicity as an unbiased expert just because he has a Chinese wife. From when did having an Asian mail-order/trophy-wife become a proof of unbiasedness? (If someone disputes my assertion, please provide any proof of Mrs. Matloff being anything more than being "Mrs. Matloff")

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
See what antis are saying about their heroes:
Businessweek article on Norm Matloff

Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute

E-mailed to BW and made sure that one of my friend also sent to BW.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indians are very less compared to entire population of USA.
and the main reason why Indians are less is because IMPOTENT people like you. How do you think Indian population will grow if people like you do not have basic capabilities.

Admins - excuse me for my language but this trash 'senthil1' does not deserve a proper response.

wlking_dude - I think you have better things to do rather than giving this trash a response.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
and the main reason why Indians are less is because IMPOTENT people like you. How do you think Indian population will grow if people like you do not have basic capabilities.

Admins - excuse me for my language but this trash 'senthil1' does not deserve a proper response.

wlking_dude - I think you have better things to do rather than giving this trash a response.
Senthil1 - it is very clear that no one here likes you, and personally, I think immigrant community will be better off without people like you.

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011