Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
Probably this is what happened to itgrunt.com

TN: I got into a little pissing contest with my domain host after they got some complaints from the slumdog community.

Communication from his ISP:
Perhaps not surprisingly, we have received a complaint about your site, itgrunt.com.

Let me start this by saying that we do indeed support free speech, and we do not take action against against "opinionated" sites without due consideration.

But Kevin, when you talk about, "polish[ing] up the USMC-issue Beretta...and aim[ing] for the red dots" you cross the line of free speech and land solidly and unmistakably in the hate speech camp. If I worked at the university you mentioned I would be on the phone to the FBI. Right now. And if you think they would brush off what you wrote as unworthy of investigation, you are mistaken. Trust me, I deal with federal agents as part of my job quite regularly, and they tend to get very wound up over much less.

Please explain this as well; "...corrupt Desi sys-admin at his ISP..." It nags me from under every post on your site. You are preemptively insulting members of our staff who you imagine to be Indian. That's kind of a dumb move, my friend. You dug that hole for yourself, and now you're stuck in it.

We all work in an industry that is being affected by the issues you complain about. Complaining is one thing, lobbying for change is one thing, but threatening or implying the use of violence as often as you do on your site is quite another. You can couch it in clever terms or hide behind your "disclaimer" but it is what it is. We are not children here, so let's speak as men, shall we?

You don't leave us much choice in this matter. I don't want to disable a site that confronts the issues you deal with, I believe they are important. But we cannot be party to continued threats, real or implied.

So you tell me what you intend to do. If you are determined to continue on the same path you've taken, we are not going to be able to host the site. I for one, am not willing to sit next to you in the courtroom if/when this shit hits the fan. But if we continue to support your site after being made aware of its contents, that's precisely the position we'll be in, and we're going to do all we can to avoid that.

TN: So I'm in the middle of transferring my domain to, ironically, an offshore hosting company in Panama.
The sick site itgrunt.com is back. In its opening page, Kevin the tunnell rat curses IV members in his native "civilized" language
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23 View Post
and the main reason why Indians are less is because IMPOTENT people like you. How do you think Indian population will grow if people like you do not have basic capabilities.

Admins - excuse me for my language but this trash 'senthil1' does not deserve a proper response.

wlking_dude - I think you have better things to do rather than giving this trash a response.
You are sick.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts hopein07 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
Indians are very less compared to entire population of USA. In that most of Indian origin persons who already got GC or citizenship do not care about future gc aspirants. So if a few thousand H1b or EAD people boycott nothing is going to happen. Instead of that it is better to contest their points to disprove that they are wrong.
This is the only sane post I see so far.

Indian American population is estimated to be around 1.6 million which is close to 0.5% of the total population. Out of that at least 1m are USCs or Permanent residents leaving others on H1/EAD/L1/F1 etc. Out of those 600K temp immigrants less than 1% are on this forum. And out of those how many are real subscribers? You take a guess !!!!

The basic issue of retrogression can end only if the US economy booms again and unemployment comes down to less than 5%. Only then Congress will realize the need to make CIR reality. All other things are just cosmetic and will have no effect.

Last edited by hopein07; 07-06-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Economy has nothing to do with this retrogression dude, it is there when economy was at it peak, so only way is legislation, even CIR but should contain provisions for EB immigrants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopein07 View Post
This is the only sane post I see so far.

Indian American population is estimated to be around 1.6 million which is close to 0.5% of the total population. Out of that at least 1m are USCs or Permanent residents leaving others on H1/EAD/L1/F1 etc. Out of those 600K temp immigrants less than 1% are on this forum. And out of those how many are real subscribers? You take a guess !!!!

The basic issue of retrogression can end only if the US economy booms again and unemployment comes down to less than 5%. Only then Congress will realize the need to make CIR reality. All other things are just cosmetic and will have no effect.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravsh will become famous soon enough

they are doing exactly what they say on there site Life of an I.T. Grunt

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

lol []

Old 07-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboy007 View Post
Economy has nothing to do with this retrogression dude, it is there when economy was at it peak, so only way is legislation, even CIR but should contain provisions for EB immigrants...
Economy has everything to do with any future immigration reform.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our protest is having effect, but not enough... Keep firing those E-mails

Here is the standard non-response sent by BW to IV members. They have decided to keep the racist "S" word as they seem to feel it appropriately describes Indians.

Sorry to say this. But Indian community's response has been timid. Please E-mail about this action item to all Indian groups - TANA, GreatAndhra, etc. etc. We have to take the protest to the next level and keep doing that until they remove the derogatory "S" word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your thoughtful remarks about our recent immigration story, “An Academic’s Labor Helps Fight H-1B Visas.” As you probably know, the issues of immigrants, worker visas, and offshoring have been of special interest to BusinessWeek for several years. We are proud of the stories that Moira Herbst and others here have written on all sides of the debate.

We view this latest piece as part of that spectrum of coverage. We noticed that Norm Matloff was cited by many opponents of the visa program in the voluminous comments that they submitted; we wanted to explain who this academic was and how he came to be seen by some immigration opponents as the intellectual support for their argument.

I'm satisfied that the resulting story was fair and accurate, giving both sides. We certainly don’t see it as an “opinion” piece that espouses the views of immigration opponents, as some have suggested. Many writers have objected to our quoting an especially vitriolic opponent of immigration, “Kevin.” Our editors felt that it would be impossible to describe Mr. Matloff’s place in the immigration debate without providing examples of how immigration opponents cite his work. In hindsight, a couple of days after publication and upon closer inspection of “Kevin’s” Web site, we decided it is not the sort of place we want to send readers. So we removed its name and its link.

Again, thank you for your passionate interest in this topic. I hope you continue to trust BusinessWeek to write honestly and truthfully about it.

Best,
John

John A. Byrne
Editor-in-Chief, BusinessWeek.com
Executive Editor, BusinessWeek

Old 07-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CharlieC will become famous soon enough CharlieC will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Non Cooperation

I was buying,reading and quoting businessweek since past 5 years.

I shall not buy, will not read and do not quote Businessweek. I shall do my best to spread the word to all my friends.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

everyone who stop buying buisness week should put a mail to top officials and every time they forward his email to any one, top officials shoulb be also copied.

we should forward this to indian media also

Old 07-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CharlieC will become famous soon enough CharlieC will become famous soon enough
Default We all have choices

https://w1.buysub.com/pubs/B4/FRB/FR...ey=IL02FTESC:D

Old 07-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Loser Kevin!

The bugger on itgrunt is so sh!t scared of negative comments that he moderates all comments posted on there! What a loser!

Old 07-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeshpan View Post
The bugger on itgrunt is so sh!t scared of negative comments that he moderates all comments posted on there! What a loser!
this is obvious when they cant compete in brilliance. Dont worry at the end of the day only hard working talents wins.

Old 07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

Do not value what this guy sends as a template response to all of us. I too got the same template response. It doesn't mean anything.

You are wasting your and others time. Why give so much attention to Business week. That magazine is not the subject. Stop this wrong message. I don't give a damn what John Byrne or any freaking racist have to say. You are doing advertisement for the Business week, which is why they wrote that article in the first place. Stop this advertisement for business week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Here is the standard non-response sent by BW to IV members. They have decided to keep the racist "S" word as they seem to feel it appropriately describes Indians.

Sorry to say this. But Indian community's response has been timid. Please E-mail about this action item to all Indian groups - TANA, GreatAndhra, etc. etc. We have to take the protest to the next level and keep doing that until they remove the derogatory "S" word.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your thoughtful remarks about our recent immigration story, “An Academic’s Labor Helps Fight H-1B Visas.” As you probably know, the issues of immigrants, worker visas, and offshoring have been of special interest to BusinessWeek for several years. We are proud of the stories that Moira Herbst and others here have written on all sides of the debate.

We view this latest piece as part of that spectrum of coverage. We noticed that Norm Matloff was cited by many opponents of the visa program in the voluminous comments that they submitted; we wanted to explain who this academic was and how he came to be seen by some immigration opponents as the intellectual support for their argument.

I'm satisfied that the resulting story was fair and accurate, giving both sides. We certainly don’t see it as an “opinion” piece that espouses the views of immigration opponents, as some have suggested. Many writers have objected to our quoting an especially vitriolic opponent of immigration, “Kevin.” Our editors felt that it would be impossible to describe Mr. Matloff’s place in the immigration debate without providing examples of how immigration opponents cite his work. In hindsight, a couple of days after publication and upon closer inspection of “Kevin’s” Web site, we decided it is not the sort of place we want to send readers. So we removed its name and its link.

Again, thank you for your passionate interest in this topic. I hope you continue to trust BusinessWeek to write honestly and truthfully about it.

Best,
John

John A. Byrne
Editor-in-Chief, BusinessWeek.com
Executive Editor, BusinessWeek

Old 07-07-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts akscjun is infamous around these parts
Default Just avoid reading her articles and posting comments there

I might be wrong but here is what i think - The articles become popular based on number of times they are read and number of comments they receive.

Looking at her article comments i saw that most comments were made by h1b guys and girls. So we are in a way giving her publicity which she doesn't deserve. I will say that going forward just avoid reading the articles by her.

Old 07-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravsh View Post
everyone who stop buying buisness week should put a mail to top officials and every time they forward his email to any one, top officials shoulb be also copied.

we should forward this to indian media also
Indian media, particularly Times of India, loves to print gossip and trash. Besides, negative publicity always helps the protagonist receive more attention so Businessweek will get even more popular.