Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Don't act smarty-pants now. Mr. Holier-than-thou. You were the one who launched personal attacks on those whose views don't match yours as "immature". It's hypocritical of you to blame others for "spewing venom", when you don't waste any time spewing your own, belittling others intelligence. I would appreciate it greatly if you kept that EB1 pompousness to yourself.

Can you please show me one single instance where I have spewed venom at Moira? One single word where I have bad-mouthed her? How dare you blame me for "spewing venom" at the journalist without any basis?

I have no doubt compared her to Lou, who you think of as a a distinguished newscaster. So you shouldn't be complaining! I can to a certain degree may be - just may be - accept Moira to be a reporter. But that still leaves your statement 'Lou Dobbs is a distinguished reporter' indigestible. It makes it REAL HARD to take your thoughts to be serious!

Coming to your stance against IV, if you don't believe in IV as a viable organization -Why do you keep visiting the forum to discourage members from doing whatever they believe in? You are not satisfied until you muck up every serious action with your undesirable useless analysis, which doesn't add anything to the topic. On any other forum you would have been banned by now for your trolling activities. It's pathetic to see you undermine the organization at every possible opportunity, instead of thanking them for allowing your sorry existence (on the forums) to continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post
<sniff>

Last edited by walking_dude; 07-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2009, 12:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Raven is on a distinguished road
Talking Cut it guys!Here is a joke!

Alright People! We may differ in our views about Moira's article and itgrunts venomous slurs but our goals are the same! A quick note - I am glad we sent letters to Moira and her bosses. I sent three letters actually! By the way ITgrunt is back - and he is worse than ever! Man, this guy is just out of control! People who think itgrunt is doing us a favor are not looking carefully! He is simply anti-indian! He is the new version of KKK (version I for India) I think he is just frustrated with the fact that we are doing quite well in the US actually!. I think its incredible -the kind of work and success we have all had in this country and that makes people like itgrunt really really mad.

But all things considered, lets not lose our focus here - there is a lot of work to be done this year!

On a lighter note - I am so gungho about talking to our people (indians) about IV and our work that I am starting to intimidate people. I approached an Indian guy at Parnera bread last weekend and introduced myself. I told him I was on H1 and asked him about his status. He froze right there in front of me - taken by complete surprise he wasted no time in saying that he was a green card holder! And then he just kept staring at me without blinking and listened in that frozen state till I was done. With not an ounce of interest or reaction from him - I left him with his laptop saying to myself that I really freaked him out - and made a fool of myself!

Last edited by Raven; 07-09-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Alright People! We may differ in our views about Moira's article and itgrunts venomous slurs but our goals are the same! A quick note - I am glad we sent letters to Moira and her bosses. I sent three letters actually! By the way ITgrunt is back - and he is worse than ever! Man, this guy is just out of control! People who think itgrunt is doing us a favor are not looking carefully! He is simply anti-indian! He is the new version of KKK (version I for India) I think he is just frustrated with the fact that we are doing quite well in the US actually!. I think its incredible -the kind of work and success we have all had in this country and that makes people like itgrunt really really mad.

But all things considered, lets not lose our focus here - there is a lot of work to be done this year!

On a lighter note - I am so gungho about talking to our people (indians) about IV and our work that I am starting to intimidate people. I approached an Indian guy at Parnera bread last weekend and introduced myself. I told him I was on H1 and asked him about his status. He froze right there in front of me - taken by complete surprise he wasted no time in saying that he was a green card holder! And then he just kept staring at me without blinking and listened in that frozen state till I was done. With not an ounce of interest or reaction from him - I left him with his laptop saying to myself that I really freaked him out - and made a fool of myself!
It happens all the time. Even though they are in H1, they do not want to do anything bcoz it will be cured by itself. I know a person whoes GC is pending from 2000 and he is not even moving his butt about it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Don't act smarty-pants now. Mr. Holier-than-thou. You were the one who launched personal attacks on those whose views don't match yours as "immature". It's hypocritical of you to blame others for "spewing venom", when you don't waste any time spewing your own, belittling others intelligence. I would appreciate it greatly if you kept that EB1 pompousness to yourself.

Can you please show me one single instance where I have spewed venom at Moira? One single word where I have bad-mouthed her? How dare you blame me for "spewing venom" at the journalist without any basis?

I have no doubt compared her to Lou, who you think of as a a distinguished newscaster. So you shouldn't be complaining! I can to a certain degree may be - just may be - accept Moira to be a reporter. But that still leaves your statement 'Lou Dobbs is a distinguished reporter' indigestible. It makes it REAL HARD to take your thoughts to be serious!

Coming to your stance against IV, if you don't believe in IV as a viable organization -Why do you keep visiting the forum to discourage members from doing whatever they believe in? You are not satisfied until you muck up every serious action with your undesirable useless analysis, which doesn't add anything to the topic. On any other forum you would have been banned by now for your trolling activities. It's pathetic to see you undermine the organization at every possible opportunity, instead of thanking them for allowing your sorry existence (on the forums) to continue.
Where did you pick up the quote -"Lou Dobbs is a distinguished reporter"? I said he is a journalist in good standing - which is absolutely correct - any journalist who has a long lasting show in mainstream media (CNN is definitely mainstream, I hope u would agree) in my books is in good standing.

Re - why I troll here - isn't IV looking for folks who have gotten their GC to stick around and lend whatever support they can. Think of my contrarian views as roadblocks/ opposition we would encounter in any case from non-supporters and is better that a well wisher points these out first so that the ideas can be fine tuned before launch.

Also - there is a difference between being a believer and blind follower.
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute
Default @ sayantan

Quote:
Where did you pick up the quote -"Lou Dobbs is a distinguished reporter"? I said he is a journalist in good standing - which is absolutely correct - any journalist who has a long lasting show in mainstream media (CNN is definitely mainstream, I hope u would agree) in my books is in good standing.

Re - why I troll here - isn't IV looking for folks who have gotten their GC to stick around and lend whatever support they can. Think of my contrarian views as roadblocks/ opposition we would encounter in any case from non-supporters and is better that a well wisher points these out first so that the ideas can be fine tuned before launch.

You think you are being very logical and analytical about things and want to look at both sides and supposedly give "neutral and unbiased" opinions. What you fail to understand is the bigger picture of what is going on. In the past, people from South Asia were accepted well in the society. Our problems were faced only during visa renewals, port of entries, visa interviews etc. Unfortunately, now, because of all the blatant bad publicity and belittling image that is being created specifically against Indians – our day to day lives will be affected. If we allow such reporters and blog writers to keep bashing our community without any resistance, pretty soon, we will be harassed by everyone. Imagine yourself walking in a gym and people looking down at you because of their perception of Indians (indentured, low paid, job stealing) or people keying or scratching your car at work or worse people mugging you or your kids at a mall.

What you need to understand is that you are in no different/special situation, just because you got your GC (or even if you get your citizenship later), you cannot change the color of your skin. Hence, understand the gravity of the situation and stop acting as a self claimed “highly neutral and unbiased” observer of things.

My intention is not to start a flame war with you. My intention is to put things into perspective. I hope you don’t take my views personally.

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescadaman View Post
You think you are being very logical and analytical about things and want to look at both sides and supposedly give "neutral and unbiased" opinions. What you fail to understand is the bigger picture of what is going on. In the past, people from South Asia were accepted well in the society. Our problems were faced only during visa renewals, port of entries, visa interviews etc. Unfortunately, now, because of all the blatant bad publicity and belittling image that is being created specifically against Indians – our day to day lives will be affected. If we allow such reporters and blog writers to keep bashing our community without any resistance, pretty soon, we will be harassed by everyone. Imagine yourself walking in a gym and people looking down at you because of their perception of Indians (indentured, low paid, job stealing) or people keying or scratching your car at work or worse people mugging you or your kids at a mall.

What you need to understand is that you are in no different/special situation, just because you got your GC (or even if you get your citizenship later), you cannot change the color of your skin. Hence, understand the gravity of the situation and stop acting as a self claimed “highly neutral and unbiased” observer of things.

My intention is not to start a flame war with you. My intention is to put things into perspective. I hope you don’t take my views personally.
This is a long struggle. This is just not about getting GC. Indians and south Asians have made excellent progress in the academic side in US and we all know how vibrant the community is.

To bring about this change may take a long time - it may take a lot of incidents for the entire community to wake up against it, unfortunately we are such a community who try to deflect such things and keep moving on. The thing is - if we are divided and do not act upon such things - people will continue doing these things and later on our next generation will suffer. This is exactly what we gift our children - we gift them issues to deal with at a higher level whereas we could have dealt with it at the beginning.

Will the community ever realise?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute Green.Tech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Also - there is a difference between being a believer and blind follower.
Yes, we want folks who have got their GC's to hang around and fight with us, for us. Do you think that's what you are doing? Everytime I read a post from you, it's always about critical assessment of the situation and providing your so called "neutral opinion"; all words and no action. Will you be willing to provide financial help to IV? Will you be willing to join a state chapter and lead the grass roots campaign? Will you try to unite the community and support IV's agenda instead of criticizing each and every thing that IV does? If you don't like something that IV is doing, do you have a better suggestion to do it and would you make that an action item and lead it? The answer is NO. You only like to enjoy the fact that you got your GC, sit behind a computer sipping tea, and making ridicule of what the community is facing or working for. Enough said!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute
Default You are like my Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Dear Walking_Dude,

Please do not get distracted by few people who pose as SMARTY's.

Many of us know your hard work in helping the legal Immigration community with your good ideas. I wonder where these SMARTY's will be when they get into a problem?

Do you remember, about an year back or so, some Doctor Citizen of Indian origin (from Ohio?) came to us begging for help when he was arrested by cops for his behaviour in flight? Real faces will show only in such circumstances.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts atul555 is infamous around these parts
Default This could be a golden opportunity for IV

I find all this name calling and call to boycott BW very childish and unproductive. In fact IV has the great opportunity to open up the dialogue with Ms Herst or BW editor to show our side of the story. Indeed she has done us wrong by citing "Kevin" and Matloff, and excluding any mention of IV or any equivalent opposing voice, like we don't exist, at least in their world.
Mention of slumdog and indentured labor etc is a grievance enough to take up our case with them, but it needs to be a concerted effort with defined leadership. Instead of angry mob mentality call of boycotts, a representative should talk to the editor and at least press him to redress their mistake by giving our side of the story, a rebuttal of sorts which they should give some print time.
For every complaint of Americans getting laid off, we have instances of getting laid off and losing status, or employers denying us for visa status even when we score a job. People losing money, home etc when they go out of status and inhumanely forced to leave the country. Kids missing school years etc, leaving mid-term. We have so many legitimate issues which get almost no coverage in MSM. I think this was the chance to make lemonade out of a lemon.
Though it will requires some real leadership from the esteemed group like IV, but do the senior members have it ???

Old 07-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default I sent over 200 emails by now.

How many did you all sent , I sent to her, to their boss and their , to the clients and a lot of others as well. Lets have the competion and see who wins.

But the basic rule of this contest is be HONEST. How about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
Indians are very less compared to entire population of USA. In that most of Indian origin persons who already got GC or citizenship do not care about future gc aspirants. So if a few thousand H1b or EAD people boycott nothing is going to happen. Instead of that it is better to contest their points to disprove that they are wrong.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.