Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default centaur!

long time no see/hear doc!
would really like to see you in DC 9/18...why the NO in your profile?
call/mail/pm and let's get you more involved with the rally!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 08-22-2007, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2006
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
sam_i02 has a spectacular aura about sam_i02 has a spectacular aura about

count me in. I will email my story to the email address provided when i get home tonight.
I live in Baltimore, MD

Old 08-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default nominating gsc999, franklin, arunantonio:)

I would love to do it, but as far as my own story... it is probably not as compelling as someone who waited for 5 years, unless you felt otherwise after watching my video.

That said, gsc999, franklin, arunantonio (all Nor-Cal IV'tes) have been active on this front (and doing it very well), so I whole heartedly recommend their names!
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 08-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default Yes

Add me to the list of the willing.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default I'd be happy to share our story

My profile is updated too....

Call me if you need someone from Houston, TX

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future swamy has a brilliant future
Default some thoughts

I will be out of the country in a couple of days and wont be back for 3 weeks so I can't do it - I do't have a compelling story either. But whoever speaks to the media please educate yourself on the history of immigration and keep some pertinent facts handy- even (and especially) the obvious ones like - 'legal' immigration in the true and fair sense of the word didn't begin until the 60's when overt racial barriers were dismantled but covert ones began with national quotas. And the amount of scrutiny that the current bunch of immigrants go thru is unprecedented -for eg; prove that no American was discriminated against while being hired on H1b and go thru the same friggin procedure all over again for GC all the while bearing the downside of all the associated risks. Also, as the current backlog situation heavily discriminates against Indians, it'd seem fair to talk about how ugly and demeaning the current process is from an Indian perspective but i'd suggest/plead to refrain from doing so since immigrants from other countries as well like China too go thru hell. And I'd also suggest IV to come up with some sort of a pledge for its members making sure they dont turn anti-immigrant the moment they recive their GC's!

Old 08-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default amen!

And I'd also suggest IV to come up with some sort of a pledge for its members making sure they dont turn anti-immigrant the moment they recive their GC's!

i hope everyone will remember...

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 09-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Thumbs up Interested in talking to reporters?

We will have a lot of media interest in the Washington DC rally. Many times, the journalists want to talk about the local angle to such national events, so they will want to quote a rally participant from their region.

For example, during the flower campaign, I had a lot of reporters call me with requests like, "I'd like to speak to someone from the Miami-Dade county".

This time, we want to be more organized in advance and have a database of people from various locations who are participating in the rally ready beforehand.

So if you are interested in representing your issues and IV to reporters from various media organizations please let me know by sending an email at english.august.in@gmail.com.

Please include your full name, your location (city, state) and your phone number (preferably cell #). Please make sure that the subject of your email is "Available for interview".

"The only person who can truly persuade you is yourself. You must turn the issues over in your mind at leisure, consider the many arguments, let them simmer, and after a long time turn your preferences into convictions." - Milton Friedman

Old 09-05-2007, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Default Bump!

Bump!

"The only person who can truly persuade you is yourself. You must turn the issues over in your mind at leisure, consider the many arguments, let them simmer, and after a long time turn your preferences into convictions." - Milton Friedman

Old 09-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default Sent you an email

with my contact information

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough

Sent an email to -- english.august.in@gmail.com.

Old 09-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

Thanks to everyone who sent me an email. I will contact you shortly.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Sent

Finally

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Please send email if you have a compelling story and have good communication skills to talk to reporters. We need designated speakers to media.

Old 09-10-2007, 01:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of vandanaverdia has much to be proud of

Just sent an email to english.august@gmail.com with the necessary details.

WA State Chapter group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WA_Immigration_Voice/

Closed Thread