Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
trueguy BharatPremi engineer santb1975 Please post a brief story about yourself on this thread itself. We will pick the most compelling stories and contact you. These stories are needed for the lobbying effort in order to make a compelling case for lawmakers to act

trueguy pushkarw pls update your profile too. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will post it tonight. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 12-13-2007, 03:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all
Default Sent in an email

Just sent you an email if you need someone from New Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_august View Post
Folks,

Please come forward to show your willingness to talk to reporters. This is extremely important to encourage local media organizations to cover this rally. We don't have too many people from the East coast on our list.

Need more people from tri-state area, specially NJ and also from Florida.

Please refer to this post on how to indicate your availability.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...8&postcount=38

http://groups.google.com/group/ivnewmexico

PD - July 2003
I-485 RD - July 2007
EAD - Approved
AP - Approved
FP - Done

Old 12-13-2007, 04:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Story emailed to Pappu

Pappu,

I emailed you my story. Total 4 parts - 4 email. Yes and that is brief.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare

Guys,

"You have gone through as what other millions have gone through" still can be the base (And in my opinion that is THE BASE) for compelling reason to act. Come out openly without any fear with your stories.

Thanks.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here is my story

1. Came to US in August, 1998 for a Masters
2. Graduated and was blessed with a reference from Dr. Jerry Luftman
3. Started working for a start up consulting company in the year 2000
4. Paid off 20000$ in Federal School loans in addition to contributions into social security and medicare
5. Won an Impact award from Johnson and Johnson
6. Built a great reputation and have great references from every Pharmaceutical company I worked at as a consultant
7. Could not accept any offers from my Clients because of not being a permanent resident (greencard holder) and also my Initial company starting my permanent resident (greencard) process
8. Filed for my Permanent Residency finally through the start up in the year 2004
9. Initial company was not doing well financially. Had no option but to change jobs and restart my Green card process
10. Second company went through a one year recruitment to find an Analyst specialized in Regulatory Agency Regulations from around the world
11. First stage of my permanent residency gets approved in Nov 2006
12. Second stage gets approved in July of 2007
13. Filed for the third stage of Permanent Residency during July 2007
14. Current company is a great organization in which a employee is encouraged to develop and utilize skills that can be effectively used in different parts of the organization
15. Cannot use the opportunity that is available because of my Permanent Residency application being tied to my Job Description from 2.5 years ago and I am looking at being tied up with the same description for 7 more years
16. Cannot make any monetory investments because of the uncertainity infront of me
17. Have to renew my Employment Authorization and Travel Documents every year
18. Cannot work if the employment Authorization does not get renewed on time because of USCIS delays
19. Cannot go back home to visit family if the Travel document does not come on time
20. August of 2008 will make it 10 years of time spent legally in the United States

Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of texanmom has much to be proud of
Default More stories

Please come forward with your stories. We need to add a personal touch in our campaign with all of the personal trials and tribulations we face along the path to a Green card.

Waiting to hear from all of you.

-Organize and participate in lawmaker meetings.
-Publicize IV to friends, media and corporates.
-Active member of the local state chapter.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
SFSweta has a spectacular aura about SFSweta has a spectacular aura about SFSweta has a spectacular aura about
Default Suggestions for speakers

Hi there,
I'll be more than happy to speak with reporters and broadcasters. I am public relations trained and if you'd like to reach me, call me at xxx xxxx xxxx (added to your profile- Admin). Let's chat.

Extraordinary immigration situations are great - but if we choose those experiences - we'll come across as sensationalists. We need to tell a well-spoken, true story which is the middle of the road - depicting ALL of our issues.

One thing that Americans don't identify with us is because they have an entirely disconnected view of the highly-skilled immigrant. We need to speak to their media, like them - so they are able to empathize with us and lend their voices to our cause.

And again, I'm more than happy to be the voice representing this community that I'm a part of, on the radio, in newspapers - wherever.

Sincerely,
Sweta from SF.

Last edited by pappu; 12-17-2007 at 01:55 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Switzerland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
alg is infamous around these parts alg is infamous around these parts
Default I'll talk

I have already been interviewed by several media outlets in Los Angeles and in San Diego. Although I am not a PR professional, I have some media training and love to make people understand what is wrong with the system.

I have been in an hour-long panel with immigration professionals as well as interviewed at a public hearing on immigration in San Diego. The other way I contribute is by calling my Congressman and Senators every time an opportunity arises. People who I've encountered are in disbelief that after 14+ years legally in this country I still have to keep waiting for a GC, even though my undergrad and grad degrees are from U.S. universities.

I am ready to speak anytime, just let me know.

Closed Thread