Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you like to speak for all IV members?

We have a media opportunity on a large radio station.

We need a few members, with good speaking skills ready to talk about the plight faced by our members. Make sure you dont talk just about your own issues, even though you may have those issues very dear to you.

Make sure you dont talk about the I140, labor and I485. These technical names are not familiar with american public. Only people like us live, eat and sleep with them everyday. You will need to talk in a more generic language that everyone can understand and still communicate the importance of immigration reform bill for high-skilled immigrants like us.

We want members with compelling stories of their own, represent the plight of all members and represent this organization in media.

If you are interested, post a note on this thread[/b] that you are interested. Make sure to update your profile with your name, email and phone numbers so that we can easily call you.

In your post, briefly describe your story and contact details.
. Anyone who posts a note on this thread will also be called upon in future whenever we have any radio or TV opportuniity.

P.S. No annonymous members please.

Last edited by pappu; 12-11-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to speak on behalf of IV but I am currently out of country. I will let you know when I return.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can talk

Pl. let me know the key points...

Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
psgprasad will become famous soon enough
Default I will talk

I can quote my personal experience,

Most of my friends are in the same limbo and not able to accept offers.

Given offer by good companies with atleast a 30% increase, like Deloitte consulting, but not able to take the offer.
The company is in need of me and i am not able to join them.

Gajendra Prasad PS
512-917-7382

Old 03-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
harsh will become famous soon enough

I would love such an opportunity. I sent an email as requested. You should find my contact information on my profile. Thank you and keep up the good work.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ash0210 will become famous soon enough
Default Sure, I will talk..

Sure, I will talk..

Old 03-28-2007, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default I can do that

I am in California. I am willing to talk

Old 03-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Default Prepared to talk

I am in bay area,Calif. Can talk. (Would help if there already are prepared notes)

Old 03-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bobby is on a distinguished road

We will be willing to speak for IV.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2005
Compare
raydhan has a spectacular aura about raydhan has a spectacular aura about raydhan has a spectacular aura about
Default Received 3 Emails

I have received 3 emails so far.

Best Regards,
Salil

Old 03-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iptel will become famous soon enough
Default Count me

I can speak

Old 03-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2003
Chargeability
:
Germany
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/03/2003
Compare
Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts Tito_ortiz is infamous around these parts

I can speak. I came up with a speech already:

People of America. People of Asia. People of Europe. People of Austrasia:

We, the professional greencard applicants, would like to share with you our agony.

While our greencard paperwork lies unprocessed at the USCIS, we continue to work long hours, every day without complaints.

We pay all our taxes and dues, but we receive no clues.

And for the H1B's? Bees.

Our wives remain depressed at home without work authorization? That's no consolation.

And for the ambitious and bright? Without priority dates current, you see no light.

And for the young, what was told? You will get old and bald.

And for the legal and honest, what is up? Illegals can get away, you just shut up.

How about your immigration attorney? He is certainly making a ton of money.

And renewals of employment authorization, are you ready to renew it every year? It is better if you prepare your pockets, and if you miss it for a day, you are out of here.

Give up and immigrate to Canada? Australia perhaps? All those make me feel the second best.

(to be continued...)

Last edited by Tito_ortiz; 03-28-2007 at 07:43 PM.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito_ortiz

People of America. People of Asia. People of Europe. People of Australia and New Zeland:

We, the professional greencard applicants, would like to share with you our agony. We have been submitted to the longest delays during our application for permanent residency.

While our greencard paperwork lies unprocessed at the USCIS, we continue to work long hours, every day without complaints. We pay all our taxes and dues, but we receive no clues.

We are here...(continue)
------
Tito::

Its not the United Nations(UN) but the United States (US) that we need to address here. But I like your passion. Show me the next draft

Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
centaur is infamous around these parts centaur is infamous around these parts

Nice humor my friend. You know it ain't gonna fly. But given your sense of humor you should go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito_ortiz

People of America. People of Asia. People of Europe. People of Austrasia:

We, the professional greencard applicants, would like to share with you our agony.

While our greencard paperwork lies unprocessed at the USCIS, we continue to work long hours, every day without complaints.

We pay all our taxes and dues, but we receive no clues.

And for the H1B's? Bees.

Our wives remain depressed at home without work authorization? That's no consolation.

And for the ambitious and bright? Without priority dates current, you see no light.

And for the young, what was told? You will get old and bald.

And for the legal and honest, what is up? Illegals can get away, you just shut up.

How about your immigration attorney? He is certainly making a ton of money.

And renewals of employment authorization, are you ready to renew it every year? It is better if you prepare your pockets, and if you miss it for a day, you are out of here.

Give up and immigrate to Canada? Australia perhaps? All those make me feel the second best.

(to be continued...)

Old 03-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
centaur is infamous around these parts centaur is infamous around these parts

Yeah I'll do it. Bring medical doctors plight to the picture.

Where is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
We have a media opportunity on a large radio station.

We need a few members, with good speaking skills ready to talk about the plight faced by our members. Make sure you dont talk just about your own issues, even though you may have those issues very dear to you.

Make sure you dont talk about the I140, labor and I485. These technical names are not familiar with american public. Only people like us live, eat and sleep with them everyday. You will need to talk in a more generic language that everyone can understand and still communicate the importance of immigration reform bill for high-skilled immigrants like us.

We want members with compelling stories of their own, represent the plight of all members and represent this organization in media.

If you are interested, send an email to Salil (IV core member) raydhan@immigrationvoice.org and post a note on this thread that you are interested. Make sure to update your profile with your name, email and phone numbers so that we can easily call you.

In your email to Salil, briefly describe your story and contact details.
Do not forget to post a note on this thread as well. Anyone who posts a note on this thread will also be called upon in future whenever we have any radio or TV opportuniity.

P.S. No annonymous members please.

Closed Thread