Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all
Default Arizona: A national wake up call!!

I continue to believe that what ever the downside of this Arizona biill, the one definite upside is that it brought the immigration discussion to the front burner nationally. The very unamerican and biased legislation has brought criticism all across the nation and even republicans (who are not from arizona, mind you) - because they know that this legislation is illegal.

I read the forums, one talking about Sen. Kerry saying immigration will be taken up before climate bill. Sen Reid coming later in the day, saying, climate bill will be taken up before immigration. Sen Graham lives in an alien world believing that immigration has no traction currently ( I would understand if he said, republicans will be badly hurt taking this on in an election year) - but no he believes there is no traction!! Meanwhile the chief architect ( Sen Schumer) for the immigration bill is totally silent!!!

The fact of the matter is, because of AZ, we are talking about immigration (otherwise it would have been wall street reform, climate bill, energy bill and who knows what else because by then it would be 2011, and again nobody would touch immigration going into presidential election) And if we leave these fools to do anything they will be talking about what goes first and never bring any thing for discussion.

Both illegal and legal immigrants have to take this opportunity, when the nation is with us and to use the GOP buzz "ram it down the throat" "shove it down the throat" - (which ever they prefer) - of both democrat and republican throats - and get our legislation on the floor of the senate. That is half the battle.

Then the anti immigrants will emerge, to tear apart the legislation that is for both illegals and yes, legals too. We have to find a strategy to fight the second half of the battle. I hope that the IV core and many of the senior members in IV have learnt the pitfalls of the two previous attempts at immigration reform and steer clear from it this time around.

In short, what I mean to say, we have been given a window of opportunity - we got to use it - NOW. Or else, we may not see another window or door for a long time!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lost can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1-b forever View Post
In short, what I mean to say, we have been given a window of opportunity - we got to use it - NOW. Or else, we may not see another window or door for a long time!
Agreed. What should we be doing now?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute sameer2730 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
Agreed. What should we be doing now?
Very apt response given your username!!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer2730 View Post
Very apt response given your username!!
It still does not answer what needs to be done though....

Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute vedicman has a reputation beyond repute

Well, AZ did get us to talk immigration reform nationally
scared politicians are making sure they have the hispanic votes, so they are forging ahead with immigration reform Alternate Plan Devised for Immigration - Roll Call
Its upto us and the hispanics to get the legislators to bring the bill to the senate and vote on it for US

Old 05-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lawsuit against AZ Immigration law

Arizona Immigration Lawsuits: Tucson, Flagstaff City Councils Vote To Sue