Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of

Well it's quite possible that US goes into depression. But there is no theory that can predict one... However, frequency of depression has decreased in last few centuries... again that does not mean depression could never happen. It's a possibility, even if remote, it still is a possibility.

[quote=maag;185281]Agreed.....does that mean US can never go in depression just because in history other country's are not able to take over US.

BUT, don't you think economist who are now talking abt US going in depression doesn't know history or they don't know the effect of US slow down on other countries.....point is....with these facts also, every day news is coming that US will go in depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundada View Post
Just wanted to point out of following...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maag View Post
Martin Hennecke, Senior Manager of Tyche Group
?

Old 10-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
maag is on a distinguished road

Martin Hennecke, Senior Manager of Tyche Group said, a big threat from the US was looming and there could possibly be a depression of the 1930s style or worse or you will see it this time turnaround into hyperinflation. Both are quite dangerous scenarios.

I think at one point, global investors will be realising that their so-called emerging markets now India and China, are more and more powerful and will not really be the emerging markets of the future, but the developed markets of the future, while the currently so-called developed markets of the US and Europe will be going down to very possibly emerging markets status or the developing market status because they have so much hollowed out their own economies. These are only being based on the property and financial sectors that are coming down, that are crashing down now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
?

Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

He is dork... He (Tyche) has major exposure in China so he has to sing that tune..

Quote:
Martin Hennecke, Senior Manager of Tyche Group said, a big threat from the US was looming and there could possibly be a depression of the 1930s style or worse or you will see it this time turnaround into hyperinflation. Both are quite dangerous scenarios.

I think at one point, global investors will be realising that their so-called emerging markets now India and China, are more and more powerful and will not really be the emerging markets of the future, but the developed markets of the future, while the currently so-called developed markets of the US and Europe will be going down to very possibly emerging markets status or the developing market status because they have so much hollowed out their own economies. These are only being based on the property and financial sectors that are coming down, that are crashing down now.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Bottomline I do not see India and China be at par with USA in coming 200 years. In my opinion both economies are completely controlled by USA by economic and political mechanisms. If markets are growing right now there that is due to USA's (Corporate America and designers of global economy) wish not due to their wish.
Are you serious or trolling? Why on earth do you believe India and China are growing because of the wish of the US and not because of their own wish?
Give me some data to back up this claim.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/24/2004
Compare
sbabunle is on a distinguished road

I partly agree with gc_chahiye
Big chunk of our economy ( India/China) are being controlled by US. Because a major part of china's exports are to US. Same as software from India. ( Software is only 4% of India's GDP). Besides that rest of the world do a lot of exports to US. So the rest of the world is a lot dependent on US economy. So if US economy go south, there will be a major economic problem on world. But that fact does not stop having an economic depression in the US Hope for the best
god bless all

Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future

Quote:
.....and now salaries in India are growing , soon there might be a time when US and India will have same salary.

thanks everyone for your reply.....but does it make sense to stay here financially??
Hope you will change your mind after reading this
http://infotech.indiatimes.com/quick...ow/2467570.cms

Old 10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabunle View Post
I partly agree with gc_chahiye
Big chunk of our economy ( India/China) are being controlled by US. Because a major part of china's exports are to US. Same as software from India. ( Software is only 4% of India's GDP). Besides that rest of the world do a lot of exports to US. So the rest of the world is a lot dependent on US economy. So if US economy go south, there will be a major economic problem on world. But that fact does not stop having an economic depression in the US Hope for the best
god bless all
Then you are agreeing with me not with gc_chahiye.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare
raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough
Default Learn from History

If u think that cities with slums can not develop, then you are mistaken sir. As early as 100 yrs back, European cities were full of slums, but look at where they are now.

If u think that cities with slums can not develop, then you are mistaken sir. As early as 100 yrs back, European cities were full of slums, but look at where they are now.

you are all talking growth in terms of stock market and real estate prices, the real growth of any country is standard of living of those people living in that country.

I have few questios to all Cheer leaders

1)What percentage of young indian kids have access to education(please don't ignore the fact 80% people live in villages, you can see 10% of them in moving trains cleaning your shoes and begging for a rupee.)
Good observation. Let me ask you, what did you do to change this scenario? Did you ever take out a Rupee from your pocket or did something to change it? Mind it, while there are millions who cant go to school, there are also millions lucky ones like you who can but dont care about anyone beyond themselves.

2)Can you guys find even an inch length of international standard road in india?
Plenty now a days. check this article for details.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/04/in...=1&oref=slogin

3)Show me one city where there are no slums

Already answered.

4) How many big cities have uninterupted power supply

Its getting there. Note that it is democracy and things are slow.

5) how much percentage of indian citizens have access to the safe drinking water?

Again, not 100% for sure, but it is changing fast.

6) How many miilons of people in india are not able to earn a 39 rupees(1 dollar) a day?

Last I heard it was 25% of population, but decreasing.

7) How many villages still doen't have electricity ?
I am not sure but I think most do. Now it is a different matter that there is no continuous supply yet.

8) how much percentage can afford basic needs?

Depends on your defination of needs.

Having said that history has told us that a wealthy nation today might not stay like that tomarrow. India and China were the richest nations till 1850, but not today. Will they be tomarrow, time will tell. Let us not bash anything here but help out if we can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-mile View Post
you guys must be kidding ....developed nations become developing? and vice versa???

you are all talking growth in terms of stock market and real estate prices, the real growth of any country is standard of living of those people living in that country.

I have few questios to all Cheer leaders

1)What percentage of young indian kids have access to education(please don't ignore the fact 80% people live in villages, you can see 10% of them in moving trains cleaning your shoes and begging for a rupee.)

2)Can you guys find even an inch length of international standard road in india?

3)Show me one city where there are no slums

4) How many big cities have uninterupted power supply

5) how much percentage of indian citizens have access to the safe drinking water?

6) How many miilons of people in india are not able to earn a 39 rupees(1 dollar) a day?

7) How many villages still doen't have electricity ?

8) how much percentage can afford basic needs?

Comapre both the countres on the things that matter , not on dollar rupee conversion, or on where you will get more salrary...or .how the cost of house in hyderabad of bhandra appriciating. If the most of the country's population is not able to get basic needs....you can argue the whole day how fast is the indian growth is, but the fact of life is it will take long long time to say india is developed when you consider the real facts. I think this long long means beyond the life span of current generation.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbabunle View Post
Big chunk of our economy ( India/China) are being controlled by US. Because a major part of china's exports are to US. Same as software from India. ( Software is only 4% of India's GDP). ...
thats contradictory! In one line you say big chunk of Indian economy is controlled by US, then a little later you say software is only 4% of India's GDP.
Also, can you provide a link with that 4% figure?

Per McKinsey's May 2007 report on India ("The 'Bird of Gold': The Rise of India's Consumer Market" http://www.mckinsey.com/mgi/publicat...nsumer_market/) the IT/BPO sector is responsible for 2.5% of GDP there. Banking, Retail and Healthcare are growing at 8% (none of these is dependent on the US). India is on track to becoming the 5th largest CONSUMER market by 2025. So its not an all IT and exports and dependent-on-US-Market story. The country is growing, investing in its own infrastructure and services and thats whats driving the economy.

China has been a US-directed manufacturing story, but thats also changing with its own population becoming big consumers of what they produce.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Compare
yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanup View Post
Is "upmarket" = "developed" and "downmarket" = "developing"?
You can make more money in Iraq. And It's tax free. Do you want to go there?
Is "money" the only value that attracted you to US?
A deeper thought is prudent here.
good post...

Old 10-17-2007, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admirateur_36 is on a distinguished road
Default Canada, Here I come!!!

Hi,

We took the decision to leave for Toronto. I put up my resume on a couple of sites hardly 15 days agon and have already gotten 3 genuine calls. I have an offer letter and am expecting another one after landing.

There are other alternatives.... It's no big deal, all this hype is just in our heads.