Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
maag is on a distinguished road
Default Should we wait for GC or go home ?

We came from developing nations to developed nation and now... developed nation will soon be developing nation and what we left and came will be a developed nation.........should we still wait for GC or go home

US could see a repeat of 1930ís depression: Tyche Group

Martin Hennecke, Senior Manager of Tyche Group said, a big threat from the US was looming and there could possibly be a depression of the 1930s style or worse or you will see it this time turnaround into hyperinflation. Both are quite dangerous scenarios.

I think at one point, global investors will be realising that their so-called emerging markets now India and China, are more and more powerful and will not really be the emerging markets of the future, but the developed markets of the future, while the currently so-called developed markets of the US and Europe will be going down to very possibly emerging markets status or the developing market status because they have so much hollowed out their own economies. These are only being based on the property and financial sectors that are coming down, that are crashing down now.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2008
Compare
vin is on a distinguished road

It's hard to say whether there will be a depression or not, but US economy is definitely slowing down due to the sub prime mess. How long this will last and how much of an impact it'll have on jobs etc is yet to be seen! It's already starting to have an impact in my opinion.

Last edited by vin; 10-16-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2008
Compare

If the economy reels to 2000 levels, then it's quite possible that the mass exodus of techies back to India could repeat.

Old 10-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Hang in till end 2007

I think I will make a decision myself by this year end as supposedly end of 2007,the eb movement will be clear as well as effects of subprime on US economy.If its a long-lasting depression type thing in USA,then moving back To China/India should not be bad.
But lets keep our fingers crossed.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2008
Compare

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...&intsrc=kc_top

Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Australia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
villamonte6100 will become famous soon enough villamonte6100 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by maag View Post
We came from developing nations to developed nation and now... developed nation will soon be developing nation and what we left and came will be a developed nation.........should we still wait for GC or go home

Martin Hennecke, Senior Manager of Tyche Group said, a big threat from the US was looming and there could possibly be a depression of the 1930s style or worse or you will see it this time turnaround into hyperinflation. Both are quite dangerous scenarios.

I think at one point, global investors will be realising that their so-called emerging markets now India and China, are more and more powerful and will not really be the emerging markets of the future, but the developed markets of the future, while the currently so-called developed markets of the US and Europe will be going down to very possibly emerging markets status or the developing market status because they have so much hollowed out their own economies. These are only being based on the property and financial sectors that are coming down, that are crashing down now.

It's really up to you....

Old 10-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hmehta is on a distinguished road

Couldn't agree more!.....It is really up to the individual/family to take that decision and that decision is based on so many factors (some in control, some out of control).

So, there is no point of debating this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villamonte6100 View Post
It's really up to you....

Old 10-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
sanjeev_2004 is infamous around these parts sanjeev_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default what was your reason to come here in US from India?

Quote:

What was your reason to come here in US from India?
It should not matter who is developed and who is developing. In India and in US you can find all luxury now. You can return even if India does not become developed market. Plan based on your values in life.

I only care about polution in India.
I485 Receipt date 25 Jul 2007.
I485 Notice date 14 Sep 2007.
EAD Approved on 27 Sep, 2007.
AP Aproved on 4th Oct 2007.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute
Default The investments in USA by other countries is 0 this year

The investments in USA by other countries is 0 this year.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
gc_dedo will become famous soon enough gc_dedo will become famous soon enough

Its really easy to think about going back but very small % actually can take the decision to go back.

Quote:

Old 10-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_dedo View Post
Its really easy to think about going back but very small % actually can take the decision to go back.
Many go back when children are growing and when they get citizenship. Everyone plan that smartly.

If you go back without the option of coming back, you will be stuck.
But it is individual choice.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute
Default The fact

If you not prepared to take the decission now, then you will be forced to take it in the near future.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdlrao View Post
If you not prepared to take the decission now, then you will be forced to take it in the near future.
Yes, people must fight hard for GC but also be prepared if it does not work out.

Everyone who think getting EAD is enough, are living in a dream world. It is Foolishness to think their problems are solved by getting EAD

Old 10-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
maag is on a distinguished road
Default Came for money

sanjeev_2004 :What was your reason to come here in US from India?

I only came to earn some good money.

Though i am having a good job, money gap goes on increasing every day.
The house which was costing 25 Lacs 4 years back is costing now 80 Lacs and prices are still increasing every day.

I might be earning 25-30 % more on salary but the growth at which india is growing, my savings are just eaten away by currency flutuation and price increase in India and now salaries in India are growing , soon there might be a time when US and India will have same salary.

thanks everyone for your reply.....but does it make sense to stay here financially??

Last edited by maag; 10-16-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Old 10-16-2007, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
wait4ever is just really nice wait4ever is just really nice wait4ever is just really nice wait4ever is just really nice
Smile Easy to Talk

It is easy to talk about going back but extremely difficult to do - specially for folks who have kids and have been here 5+ years - I cannot imagine a mass exodus ever happening - when the Dot com bust took place everyone was saying let's go back - I was working with a large Telco then - we struggled to convince 100+ employees who were of Indian origin to relocate to the Telco India center - we had sweet packakges with expat benefits on the table - guess what less than 5 takers - and those too were folks who would otherwise have been let go anyhow.

Talk is cheap - no is going anywhere - accept this..also guess what no one is going to miss us - remember 65K H1 visa's gone in a single day - there is more from where we came from - so chill !!

I am hunkered down for the long haul and suggest you do the same - let us get with the IV agenda and cast the dice.

Sorry for the stark response,but hey a healthy dose of reality never hurt