Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts
Default Donor Forum:- Urgent Update and Flash News

Just wanted every one to get excited and check this donor forum! Is Donor Forum meant for only donors to receive updates. I want to get updates too!!!!! Can I get donor updates. Hope u all have a nice evening.

Last edited by ivleague; 07-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 13 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Try.

Access to Donor Forum is quite easy...you just have to make a little sacrifice, and donate monthly a small amount of money to IV for its efforts to benefit everyone of us. I assure you the information you get is valuable, and will definitely make you proud.

That money could come anywhere from your restaurant outing/drinks/clothes/savings/checking/Etc. I would sincerly urge you to try it.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute HV000 has a reputation beyond repute

I have contributed $100 to Immigration Voice. Why i can't access the donor forum???

Old 07-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by HV000 View Post
I have contributed $100 to Immigration Voice. Why i can't access the donor forum???
Members can access Donor forums only if they are "currently" contributing. I had contributed $600 before the Donor forums started, but could not access the forum till I started monthly contribution again.

Summary: Past contributions are not counted.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of ncrtpMay2004 has much to be proud of

This had to be done. I used to contribute monthly. I stopped last OCT.
I have started again just to get access to the info.
Also having a predictable inflow will allow core to plan better.

Thanks to core and thanks to all the donors

Old 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts ivleague is infamous around these parts
Default Ok, but

Understood, but what if someone has lost a job and has no income, just barely surviving with the family until we get a job....in this case the guy needs access to the USCIS related information all the more. May be the person could be a donor of time, ideas etc. Keeping information away from non donors are not going to help. And also of late there has been no worthy information that IV has shared as to what the direction of IV is, to motivate people to donate and get the so called "golden information" in Donor Forum. Anyway, keep the donor forum closed. Its a good move, this is the best recepie to keep this community divided.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:33 AM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivleague View Post
Understood, but what if someone has lost a job and has no income, just barely surviving with the family until we get a job....in this case the guy needs access to the USCIS related information all the more. May be the person could be a donor of time, ideas etc. Keeping information away from non donors are not going to help. And also of late there has been no worthy information that IV has shared as to what the direction of IV is, to motivate people to donate and get the so called "golden information" in Donor Forum. Anyway, keep the donor forum closed. Its a good move, this is the best recepie to keep this community divided.
If you have lost your job and have no money then go home to the country you came from. You are illegal. IV is not for Illegals.

If you need access to USCIS info, call USCIS customer service to get access to your application info. IV is not the place.

You can go back to your country and still donate your time and ideas if you want. I think you are a fake. You created a profile just to post this. If you are an old member, show everyone if you have donated your time and ideas in the past when you had a job. Did you donate when you had a Job?

If no worthy information is coming from IV and there is no direction, then why are you here. If you care about the community divided then stop whining and do some work for the community.

You are an agent of other tracker site who hates IV. such sites are interested in making money for themselves and want people to suffer so that they can do tracking all day. Try posting an IV action item thread or about IV. Many fake ids will be created immediately to attack IV and pro IV posts about action items will be deleted. If that site really cares about immigrants, why are we not seeing any banner ad about IV instead of money making lawyer ads who charge money. At IV you can get advice from lawyers for free.

So if you do not like IV, get lost and find another site to cry. Or else be happy with all you are getting for free here.

Last edited by ganguteli; 07-09-2009 at 10:35 AM.

2 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please understand

Dear All,

I am not part of IV Core.

I request every one to please understand that IV is not doing any business by holding the information from any one of you. IV is a non profit organization and is working for every legal immigrant. IV needs funds for various efforts. Help IV to help us.

Till Last month, I contributed $1350.00. This month I did not contribute till now. If I do not contribute, I will not have access from next month. Like me if no one contributes, how will IV run? How do they work for us? All the IV Core and Active members are struggling to help all of us and they are not paid. Who would work for free? These IV Core and Active Members were motivated and determined to work for all of us. What we can do at the most is to encourage them.

It is our RESPONSIBILITY to see that they do not spend money from their pockets when working for US. Why should they spend money for us? Please think of. Do we ever give free food, residence to any one that pass by our neighborhood?

Please try to understand... Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default why dont you talk to your state chapter?

Quote:
If you are in that situation - why dont you talk to your state chapter (or, in absence of that - the IV core leadership) about those specific details? I cant speak for them - but based on what I have heard they might consider including you in the donor group if you can not afford to donate $25 every month but maybe give $5 every month.

One of the ideas behind donor group is also to have people with verified identity - you know?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Contact IV Core with your situation..

Quote:
If ivleague - you are genuine - if you really lost your job and if you really are in a situation wherein you are "just barely surviving..." then contact IV Core and "talk to them". I am sure they can work something out for you. Sending anonymous emails is not going to help. In order to do that, you have to come outside your cloak of invisibility (no details on your profile, no idea who you are, are you a troll or Anti - We don't know..).

Donor forums have been created because its acts as a motivation for people to contribute regularly. IV is not a bulletin board website alone, IV is an organization supporting EB Legal immigration reforms and that requires constant flow of cash.

Recently, there is a lot of Anti IV sentiments in the forum. Hence, I have decided to start replying to such threads and clarify things..

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 07-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute NNReddy has a reputation beyond repute

Denial of access to information is not a tool in 21st century to achieve any objective. I am not sure what additional information donor forum will have, that's not available in the public. Core team is looking like enhancing their skill sets at the expense of others. Core team is acting like a political party leadership(like in india). I bet you can find more information outside on internet/media, before you could find the info in donor forum.
my 2 cents.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute puddonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNReddy View Post
Denial of access to information is not a tool in 21st century to achieve any objective. I am not sure what additional information donor forum will have, that's not available in the public. Core team is looking like enhancing their skill sets at the expense of others. Core team is acting like a political party leadership(like in india). I bet you can find more information outside on internet/media, before you could find the info in donor forum.
my 2 cents.
Well - there is no "information" as such in the donor forum which is being denied to anybody. The only thing that is being discussed there is IV's future plans and any updates on those.

I guess you'd understand that IV may not want to reveal all its plan to everybody before the right time. There are quite a few trolls and anti-immigrants who would love to know all the plans of IV in advance. I doubt that would be in the interest of the immigrant community including you and me.

You obviously have the option of being an insider (by becoming a donor) and get to know all the updates in advance, or remain an outsider and get to know of IV's plans when it becomes a public knowledge.

Why is it so difficult for you to become an insider?

Old 07-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

There are advantages and disadvantages of giving access to donor. Main advantage is to filter many critical information from anti immigrants. Also to make more persons to contribute. On the flip side non donors may not do other contributions also as they are deprived of information. You can see some impact on rally and other activities as most persons will be donors. IV core must have weighed about it before making the decison.

Most information you will get in internet but little bit late. But you may not get what IV is doing. Schumer told that EB is one of the reform in CIR. So if CIR comes there will be a upward revision in EB numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNReddy View Post
my 2 cents.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
If you have lost your job and have no money then go home to the country you came from. You are illegal. IV is not for Illegals.

If you need access to USCIS info, call USCIS customer service to get access to your application info. IV is not the place.

You can go back to your country and still donate your time and ideas if you want. I think you are a fake. You created a profile just to post this. If you are an old member, show everyone if you have donated your time and ideas in the past when you had a job. Did you donate when you had a Job?

If no worthy information is coming from IV and there is no direction, then why are you here. If you care about the community divided then stop whining and do some work for the community.

You are an agent of other tracker site who hates IV. such sites are interested in making money for themselves and want people to suffer so that they can do tracking all day. Try posting an IV action item thread or about IV. Many fake ids will be created immediately to attack IV and pro IV posts about action items will be deleted. If that site really cares about immigrants, why are we not seeing any banner ad about IV instead of money making lawyer ads who charge money. At IV you can get advice from lawyers for free.

So if you do not like IV, get lost and find another site to cry. Or else be happy with all you are getting for free here.
Thanks Dude, for letting me know I am out of status (illegal --i think u went a little far with that). I though being on AOS, if I loose my job, I am still in status and can find another job. Now that you revealed the truth, I am packing my bag, tkts are a little costly, but oh well, I had my run here! have fun guys with the donor forum.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Dude, for letting me know I am out of status (illegal --i think u went a little far with that). I though being on AOS, if I loose my job, I am still in status and can find another job. Now that you revealed the truth, I am packing my bag, tkts are a little costly, but oh well, I had my run here! have fun guys with the donor forum.
Do you mind us to tell how many members are fitting into that parameters. May be 1% or less. The general mentality is 'Someone else will fix it' and why should I waste my money and time.