Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice nonimmi is just really nice
Default Ohio Bans Outsourcing

Ohio Bans Outsourcing - Another blow for Indian Software companies OnlySoftwareBlog
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts maveric979 is infamous around these parts

Good atleast we can have jobs, fr..ing last couple of years tired of loosing jobs because of Outsourcing companies. Waiting for GC from 9 years and now struggling to keep the job because of Outsourcing. Big F for OS

Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric979 View Post
Good atleast we can have jobs, fr..ing last couple of years tired of loosing jobs because of Outsourcing companies. Waiting for GC from 9 years and now struggling to keep the job because of Outsourcing. Big F for OS
If you were in India, you would have asked for more OS. huh?

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold krishna_brc is a splendid one to behold
Default Ban limited to Govt projects only

Ban is limited to Govt projects only which hardly is 5% of total outsourcing.

Thanks,
Krishna

Last edited by krishna_brc; 09-08-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute pd052009 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

How far are we from hearing that H1/L1 is banned for Govt/Pvt projects?
Quote:
Originally Posted by maveric979 View Post

Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
softwareguy has a spectacular aura about softwareguy has a spectacular aura about

Well, this is nothing new, in State Governments so many times they mandate that only companies that listed in that state have right to big contracts. What small women owned, disadvantages, veteran owned companies do is provide a front to big operators like Accenture, IBM. At times then the small company hires a Senior Manager and finally it becomes all IBM operation from India or Phillipines.
On other times the State mandates all work be done inside the State. Then you have H1 and L1 visa holders. This is business as usual.

Actually it is quite a decent engagement practice. State owned companies get a piece of the big cake and get a chance to learn from big players and state gets the quality work at a fairly decent rate. So it is all win-win. At times they mandate "In State" workers only - so that it helps the local economy... that is where the Infosys & Wipros might hurt a bit, as the cost to put guys in NYC versus Ohio from Bangalore is identical but billing rate advantage between NYC and Ohio is vastly different and they might have hire locally.

Last edited by softwareguy; 09-08-2010 at 01:53 PM.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthisagar View Post
Ban in private company out sourcing also is very much necessary for USA. These so called multinational companies are minting money and this is not benefitting any one except the higher executives and board of directors of those companies. and of course Politricians.

PS:- If I am in India I will never say that OS is necessary, India should grow on its own pace with her talent and brains. India should have their own economy and techonology and not OS money going around.
Great OH, baan Private OS also.

India is growing of its own, using the talent and brains partially to fulfill orders outsourced from across the world. What is wrong with that? Its a fair business practice. Back in 1980s and early 90s no one in rich countries were oppose to the idea of open business between all the countries. Back then everybody in rich countries thought that since they already have well placed institutions and larger companies, they will buy out all the local companies in smaller poor countries, creating more employment for people in rich countries. No one in the rich countries was oppose to the idea of open economies back then. Guess what. We have come a full circle now. Just because it is hurting a few million people in rich countries, all of a sudden OUTSOURCING is a curse word. Get over it people, cry as you may but outsourcing aren't stopping. Ohio is playing the election gimmicks. OH government is not outsourcing any work anyways. To the contrary, if OH was outsourcing, the State government would be more productive and without deficit.

One more thing. Outsourcing is the not reason why Indian economy is doing better than others. Because some work is outsourced to India does not simply mean outsourcing is the reason for better economy. This is a simple explanation but the wrong explanation. Indian economy is doing better because during a course of many decades, people and government have spent less than what they make/produce and more importantly, instead of throwing money on the wrong wars, they spent money on the right things. Is that so difficult to understand that we must credit outsourcing for the state of Indian economy.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

If by stoke of miracle private outsourcing is banned, the price of almost every product and service will increase by many fold. Everyone is scared of inflation because of lenient monetary policy. If outsourcing is banned, it will result in price increases many times more than the price increases caused by inflation.

It will make sense if a candidate running behind in the election polls would adopt the slogan "ban outsourcing". Other than that it is unwise to think that banning outsourcing will have any positive impact on the people in US. Obama ran on the platform of banning or putting restrictions on outsourcing, didn’t he? What happened? Why did he not ban outsourcing? The truth is, even when a few million people are hurting, outsourcing has overall huge positive affect for most Americans. Even when people don’t like outsourcing, they are always looking for latest cheaper goods. Are you not looking for deals on websites hosted in Canada or China or wherever? If it is good for you (buyer) to get access to goods in open competitive market, then why is it not good for companies to buy the things from open competitive market?

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Both Shaktisagar and Greyhair make very valid points. Which side wins the argument well only time will tell. Nothing works the way it ideally should. The world is evolving and this recession and all this policies are all part of the evolution. People have started rethinking the value of having money versus true peace/hapiness slowly. In the US the disparity was partly hidden by the "plastic". Everybody was given a plastic and everybody could buy and live the "dream". Well that has just about ended to some extent. The problem is that, it is just about begining in Indian/china/brazil and russia.

What brings real peace/hapiness? Once 3rd world citizens (like Indians) get over the issue of "am I better than my neighbour?" India will progress towards its real goal very fast. The real goal being true peace and hapiness rather than the pseudo/fancy/fantasy/unreal/materialistic world that is propagated by the media.

If only we all had easy access to our inner ability for tremendous patience to tide over this process of evolution.......But it lies beyond our reach while we lie rolling in the misery created by our thoughts and desires.........

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure when the movie got released, but last weekend I got to watch "Outsourced" - It was fun !! I would recommend it, a little laughter on this tense topic.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.