Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   News articles and reports (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum89-news-articles-and-reports/)
-   -   Former US immigrants find better life in India (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum89-news-articles-and-reports/1617366-former-us-immigrants-find-better-life-in-india.html)

zerozerozeven 10-05-2010 11:30 AM

Former US immigrants find better life in India

YouTube - Former US immigrants find better life in India

Former US immigrants find better life in India

Thousands of highly skilled Indian immigrants are choosing to leave the United States in the midst of the recession and move back to India....

Openarms 10-05-2010 05:57 PM

Just people of India needs to make sure that politicians will not screw up things.

Maverick_2008 10-06-2010 07:33 AM

Politicians

Quote:

Originally Posted by Openarms (Post 2006559)
Just people of India needs to make sure that politicians will not screw up things.

Can we make sure that the US politicans don't screw up things (e.g., national debt, immigration policy, social security, healthcare and wars all over the world to name a few)?

IMHO, very few politicians (US and India alike) worry about the country.

Maverick_2008

PS: By the way, I relocated to India (by my own choice) 2+ years ago after nearly a dozen years in the US. In retrospect, it was a good decision for me/my family.

peacocklover 10-06-2010 09:51 AM

rise to fall..

We all need to learn a lesson from you with out getting struck in to this GC SH## HOLE and stupid citizenship trap..By the time we get our citizenship, we will see some other country in super power list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick_2008 (Post 2008584)
Can we make sure that the US politicans don't screw up things (e.g., national debt, immigration policy, social security, healthcare and wars all over the world to name a few)?

IMHO, very few politicians (US and India alike) worry about the country.

Maverick_2008

PS: By the way, I relocated to India (by my own choice) 2+ years ago after nearly a dozen years in the US. In retrospect, it was a good decision for me/my family.

Pagal 10-06-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peacocklover (Post 2008931)
...By the time we get our citizenship, we will see some other country in super power list...

:) Good to read that there is growing realization about GC-USC not being as the only goals of life ... who knows, our kids will line up for Indian, Chinese or Brazilian green cards by the time they enter workforce...

IMHO, GC is just a convenience, nothing more, nothing less...

ghost 10-06-2010 11:09 AM

Well said, GC is just a convenience...to avoid paper work and frequent temporary status updates...if US gives a 30 year valid H-1B along with the "flexibility to work for any employer, flexibility to work in any position, flexibility to work less than 40 hours a week and flexibility to travel in and out of US anytime" then who would need a GC?

Very few people among high-skilled workers are passionate about getting unemployment benefits and voting rights (and most Americans are not counting on SS Benefits in future). We just need some certainty in professional life and motivation towards a progressive career growth. Personally, I've applied for my 3rd GC as I refused to be bogged down by these stupid rules and wait times and lack of promotions (EB3 2006 -> EB2 2008 -> EB1 in progress)...I'm done with this mess in another 6 months max. Good luck to all of us!

pm1010 10-06-2010 11:19 AM

Get EB Issue to media attention!!!

I agree that GC is just a credit card size plastic that gives us convenience and flexibility for work & travel.

Can we ask her to make a quick documentary on the EB delays (a hot topic) highlighting the issue we have and what needs to be done in order to address this.
I think one way to get our voice heard is making people aware of the issue.
I goole'd her name and could not find any contact info ?

Thoughts?

tonyHK12 10-06-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost (Post 2009114)
Well said, GC is just a convenience...to avoid paper work and frequent temporary status updates...if US gives a 30 year valid H-1B along with the "flexibility to work for any employer, flexibility to work in any position, flexibility to work less than 40 hours a week and flexibility to travel in and out of US anytime" then who would need a GC?

Very few people among high-skilled workers are passionate about getting unemployment benefits and voting rights (and most Americans are not counting on SS Benefits in future). We just need some certainty in professional life and motivation towards a progressive career growth. Personally, I've applied for my 3rd GC as I refused to be bogged down by these stupid rules and wait times and lack of promotions (EB3 2006 -> EB2 2008 -> EB1 in progress)...I'm done with this mess in another 6 months max. Good luck to all of us!

Great post. This should also be put on a bulletin board for all GC applicants to read.

Our kids will probably line up to the country, wherever the good jobs are.

WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC 10-06-2010 11:30 AM

Not a Convenience

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost (Post 2009114)

Who needs GC (Nice Quote Ghost) You have moved from EB3-Eb2-Eb1 why, so that
you can working freely and travel freely but still live in the United States of America.
You want 30 year H1-B without any restrictions, meaning this country should work according to your will . (US Govt should say Sir Ghost what do you need next).

They are giving you GC so that they can retain a talent like you, you want a GC because you want a better safe life for you and your family.

If people think that life back in india or in their home country is better than the US then why are they lining up in the GC queue.

Do not take GC as convenience, it has much more value.. Your children are safe, You do not have to bribe the telephone, electricity department to provide the facilities to your house in America. Basic necessities are provided without any hassle

1)The world economy runs on the US economy.
2) OIL is traded in US dollars and will always be that way so that there is always a flow and need of the dollar.
3) Oil is the cheapest in this country except the oil bearing countries.
4)You have jobs in every field here. In India the IT sector is coming up. Other sectors are at the same level.

The list is long so .... It is not a convenience...

chanduv23 10-06-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC (Post 2009197)
Who needs GC (Nice Quote Ghost) You have moved from EB3-Eb2-Eb1 why, so that
you can working freely and travel freely but still live in the United States of America.
You want 30 year H1-B without any restrictions, meaning this country should work according to your will . (US Govt should say Sir Ghost what do you need next).

They are giving you GC so that they can retain a talent like you, you want a GC because you want a better safe life for you and your family.

If people think that life back in india or in their home country is better than the US then why are they lining up in the GC queue.

Do not take GC as convenience, it has much more value.. Your children are safe, You do not have to bribe the telephone, electricity department to provide the facilities to your house in America. Basic necessities are provided without any hassle

2) OIL is traded in US dollars and will always be that way so that there is always a flow and need of the dollar.
4)You have jobs in every field here. In India the IT sector is coming up. Other sectors are at the same level.

People do what it takes to get a GC. There have been movies on the GC craze. Nothing wrong in returning to one's own country it is individual choice. People are other countries are prospering too.

The GC process is tough and tight and has too many issues associated with backlogs and other mess. Technically, those who want GC must do something to help themselves rather than trying to evaluate its worth without actually trying to do anything about it.

BimmerFAn 10-07-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC (Post 2009197)
Who needs GC

The best point brought about in this whole discussion. We all know getting a GC is not easy. Its harder than it should be and contradictory to the principles that shapes the US. It is enscribed on Lady Liberty "Bring your tired, your sick, your meek and your poor... etc." Now it seems like, "we don't even want your most talented to stay here.. they can work here.. but that's about it..."

We all want a GC for the convenience of Travel, career mobility, global mobility and for the lifestyle that comes with all of those things. The US has its problems, but you will get steady power, steady water, safe roads, advancement opportunities, entrepreneurial opportunities, etc.

Let me tell you how it works in a former Soviet republic... if the power is on - great, its off - horrible.. if you want to live anywhere remotely liveable with amenities you will pay an arm and a leg... you want to take out your savings - tough break, the bank CFO is actually an Assemblyman's son and he has wired all Deposit interest accounts to a Zurich and has himself fled; someone hits your car because they ran a stop sign - you are out of luck because that guy knows the prosecutor's son and all of a sudden you are at fault and have to pay for his car, you want to start your business - prepare to pay bribes to government inspectors every month otherwise they will bust you, prepare for a 90% tax bracket, prepare for some oligarch to come along and offer you cents on the dollar for your business and muscle you right out..

THe list can go on forever... we all want a green card so that we and our offspring and eve relatives have a better life... should it be easier? YES! But we have to deal with what we have and use the system to our advantage..

peacocklover 10-08-2010 09:34 AM

..Jorstitution sounds funny but true

We are struck in this GC process. No media channel here in this country focuses on our GC backlog and other issues. On the other hand, Media in India can bring rich person in to limelight and demand money out of his weaknesses. Media business is totally doomed, it became puppet to rich and any rich fellow can escape from corporate corruption( Satyam is one such example), crimes, rapes and murders. They can easily manipulate and fool western people and media with such marketing campaigns. Recent bollywood movie 'PeeplyLive' is the simple show case on how media is overacting in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakthisagar (Post 2012985)
Please do not believe in this false news, this is a paid news sponsored by Infosys. the same channel has this also

Top American graduates heading to India for employment!

YouTube - Top American graduates heading to India for employment

See who is in the interview and which campus they are showing this all the Jorstitution of India.. Sen Schumer called Infosys "Chopshop" so to counter this they just paid the dollars they get from the USA. without much sweat and toil.

Please do not believe in this gimmick!

Journalism has become kind of prostitution in India. now these tech companies want to extend it with US media too.

There is a great deal of resentment and unhappiness among sane and sober people regarding the grand decline in journalism standards in India. TV & Print media has become the monopoly of a few organisations, who, are being financially controlled by foreign organisations , harbouring, ambitions, to radically alter the religious profile of India.

Green_Always 10-08-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakthisagar (Post 2012985)
Please do not believe in this false news, this is a paid news sponsored by Infosys. the same channel has this also

Top American graduates heading to India for employment!

YouTube - Top American graduates heading to India for employment

See who is in the interview and which campus they are showing this all the Jorstitution of India.. Sen Schumer called Infosys "Chopshop" so to counter this they just paid the dollars they get from the USA. without much sweat and toil.

Please do not believe in this gimmick!

Journalism has become kind of prostitution in India. now these tech companies want to extend it with US media too.

There is a great deal of resentment and unhappiness among sane and sober people regarding the grand decline in journalism standards in India. TV & Print media has become the monopoly of a few organisations, who, are being financially controlled by foreign organisations , harbouring, ambitions, to radically alter the religious profile of India.

You are correct !!!

Grass is Green on other side always..

Everyone talks about people going back to India from US etc.. and blah blah .. if that was there point to say to whole world.. before saying that they didnt think why they came here first ? they could have stayed there itself right ?

It all boils down to there own requirements and needs. each's ones situation and senarios are different.

commenting on having GC and Citizenship.. these 2 are good till you have good paying JOB in US, even having GC and citienship without a JOB here in US does not make any sence, can live for 6 months by collecting unemployment benifits after that what ??

If we think back 20 to 25 yrs back where were these many IT jobs in India ? from where it came in recent yrs ? and our Indian Media should be ware of these things they just go reckless, If rules changes in either of the countries things will change.

One more examle -- US green card's now more of a tax sword for Indians

US green card's now more of a tax sword for Indians - The Economic Times

How any country can leave tax amounts ? while Govt runs on collection of Tax.

My point is it all boils down to our requirements and situations, we can live in US or in India and in India you can live in any City or any Village.