Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
veerkar can only hope to improve
Default Testimony before congress

Our friend Emilio Gonzalez gave testimony before congress today. Any analysis on this?

http://www.uscis.gov/files/testimony...TG_17jan08.pdf

Note I mentioned "analysis" and not gossip or rumour or general speculation.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2007
Compare
dollar500 is infamous around these parts dollar500 is infamous around these parts dollar500 is infamous around these parts
Default one thing i can say

based on the chart on the last page, the I 485 applications were highest in First quarter 2002. This may be a bad news for EB3 filers as they are stuck in second quarter of 2001. (understanding that it includes all the applicants of I 485 in all categories)
Donated $100 in past

Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollar500 View Post
based on the chart on the last page, the I 485 applications were highest in First quarter 2002. This may be a bad news for EB3 filers as they are stuck in second quarter of 2001. (understanding that it includes all the applicants of I 485 in all categories)
All the analysis thus far, taking information here and there and coming with a guestimate, has proved wrong time and time again. Unless USCIS itself publishes a real projection based on real data, which is unlikely to happen, can give good projection.

The graph displays the Recipt of 485 Applicaiton, Folks filed during 2002, and also 2003 many of them had much earlier PD's. We see so many cases in the forum with PD 2000,2001 who files 485 during last July GC rush. Also the PD was current till Dec 2004, and Retrogression kicked in @ 2005 Jan onwards. There are so many luckly ones with PD's between 2000-2003 and few with PD 2004 who had already got threir GC's and started counting the 5 yrs period to apply of naturalization.

Based on the updates, with the Backlog Ellimination center processed all the LCA, we have many people with earlier PD's in the queue now. For the retrogressed countries, the per country limit is also affecting a great deal.
The EB2 category becomming unavailable, totally suprised most people and EB3, have no idea how it could trun out. Atelast there is no warnign message for this category yet in the VB's. But starting from late 2004 and also with PERM, the number of people increased a great deal.

If no congressional action is taken, we will see only a very slow movement of PD for FY 08/09. Once the PD reached later part of 2004, I bet without any congressional action, a small PD movement for retrogressed nations can occur only in the frirst Quarter of each FY.

A little involvement from every indicudual, contributing to IV, etc in any way they can only will help or will have to just wait for your turn and just hope things do not get complicated than what it already is.

Last edited by gc_check; 01-17-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute gcisadawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
There are so many luckly ones with PD's between 2000-2003 and few with PD 2004 who had already got threir GC's and started counting the 5 yrs period to apply of naturalization.
Folks who filed labor certification during 2001-2004 in the states of NY, CA, TX, MD, NJ etc are the ones that were caught in BEC. The lucky ones are those that either worked and filed in other states OR the ones that worked in the above states but filed in states where labor approval came easy.

I thought Labor cert is supposed to be for a particular job in a particular location.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

My hunch is that Dr. Gonzalez will be gone soon. Sorry, could not resist

Old 01-18-2008, 07:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

The hearing was about naturalization delays. Nobody cares about EB immigrants, except IV, it seems. Anyway, here is the quote from another witness at the hearings:
"We believe that the USCIS’ apparent contention that its capacity enhancement measures will not have a significant impact on reducing processing times during FY 2008 raises some serious questions about why the agency did not start to take action earlier to address the potential backlog."

"First, the USCIS should impose a 90-day deadline for the completion of background checks from the date the agency submits its request to the FBI, and the FBI should start to thoroughly document the reasons for its failure to complete any checks within this period. The FBI and the USCIS should conduct a thorough review of background checks practices, which should include information about the number of checks conducted on naturalization applicants, the types of such checks, and the average time spent on them. The review should also examine the obstacles that prevent the timely completion of the checks. The FBI should report to Congress and the DHS on checks that are delayed extensively – such as checks that have not been completed in six months. Finally, the FBI should also provide an annual report about its background check performance, which includes the efforts being undertaken by the agency to ensure that all checks are completed within 90 days."

Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
styrum is a jewel in the rough styrum is a jewel in the rough styrum is a jewel in the rough

Here is the link to full texts of the testimonies during that hearing:

Thursday 01/17/2008 - 10:00 AM
2141 Rayburn House Office Building
Subcommittee on Immigration, Citizenship, Refugees, Border Security, and International Law
Hearing on Naturalization Delays: Causes, Consequences and Solutions

http://judiciary.house.gov/oversight.aspx?ID=403

Panel I:

Emilio T. Gonzalez Ph.D.
Director U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Department of Homeland Security
http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdf...alez080117.pdf

Panel II:

Arturo Vargas
Executive Director
NALEO Educational Fund
http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/Vargas080117.pdf

Fred Tsao
Policy Director
Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/Tsao080117.pdf

Rosemary Jenks
Director of Government Relations Numbers USA
http://judiciary.house.gov/media/pdfs/Jenks080117.pdf

A rep from our long-term friends, an anti-immigrant hate group, was invited to this hearing as a witness!!!!!!!!