Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hey Anti-Immigrants, Intel has a gift for you.

Thanks to your rhetoric and your partnering with our highly virtiolic anti-high-skills immigration senators like Grassley and Sanders, Intel Corporation has a gift for you all.

More and more jobs. In India. Yes, since the talent here is scarce and overpaid, they'd like the make them computer things now in India. With a billion dollar investment. Read it for yourself.

What would cause them to do that...hmm. Go figure.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/2752988.cms

Quote:
Global chip maker Intel will invest more than USD one billion in India over the next three years as it seeks to prepare light-weight personal computers in partnership with Indian and foreign hardware firms.
Its not like Intel has been silent all along regarding their situation in US.

Look at what Craig Barret said a few years ago:

http://pcworld.about.com/od/proposed...cators-wan.htm

Quote:
Barrett called on Congress to not put any hiring limits on the number of foreign workers who graduate from U.S. colleges. Congress should "staple a green card [worker visa] to every foreign student graduating with a degree in science and engineering," he said.
This is in addition to new offices opened in Vancouver by Microsoft.

And also, from this wiki article about Accenture, as of October 2007, Accenture employs more people in India than in the U.S.
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
absaarkhan has a spectacular aura about absaarkhan has a spectacular aura about absaarkhan has a spectacular aura about

Very Interesting Article, this is bound to happen.

Very Interesting Article, this is bound to happen, If this is Successful other
Giants will follow.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of aj2000 has much to be proud of
Default and so will we

Quote:
Originally Posted by absaarkhan View Post
Very Interesting Article, this is bound to happen.

Very Interesting Article, this is bound to happen, If this is Successful other
Giants will follow.
and so will we (the high skilled legal immigrant aspirants). Let the anti immigrant cowards be here fighting their right to pluck tomatos, with illegals or wait in line to get indian visa ...

Old 02-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future Karthikthiru has a brilliant future

Good article

Thanks
Karthik

Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to antis all high-paying jobs will be soon get outsourced to India and China. It's only natural that jobs will follow the workers or to places where skilled workers are available in plenty.

Time is not far when Ron Hira, Kim Berry, John Miano and Mark Kirkorian will be seen standing outside Indian consulates for visas to pluck tomatoes.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

[edited by moderators]

They cry about illegals burdening them while they themselves are exploiting legal workers. Arrogance takes toll on everything, [edited by moderators]

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
Thanks to your rhetoric and your partnering with our highly virtiolic anti-high-skills immigration senators like Grassley and Sanders, Intel Corporation has a gift for you all.

More and more jobs. In India. Yes, since the talent here is scarce and overpaid, they'd like the make them computer things now in India. With a billion dollar investment. Read it for yourself.

What would cause them to do that...hmm. Go figure.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/I...ow/2752988.cms

Its not like Intel has been silent all along regarding their situation in US.

Look at what Craig Barret said a few years ago:

http://pcworld.about.com/od/proposed...cators-wan.htm

This is in addition to new offices opened in Vancouver by Microsoft.

And also, from this wiki article about Accenture, as of October 2007, Accenture employs more people in India than in the U.S.

Last edited by logiclife; 02-04-2008 at 05:27 PM.

Old 02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
syzygy is on a distinguished road

And mind it Anti Legal Immigrants or Hatred spreaders 1 Billion dollar is no cheap money

Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumavenkatappa View Post
Good for India if its true!
I am skeptical about this piece.

Intel just recently finished laying off people all over the world and Intel India has reduced its workforce by over 30% (one in three) in the last 1.5 years through a combination of layoffs and attrition. Due to red tape their proposals to open a Fab in India did not go as planned and they finally chose Malaysia or Philppines ( I forget which) instead.

In summary, their already existing sites in Bangalore have enough room to add a lot more. Why will they invest a billion dollars especially when the fab plan went South too?

Moreoever, Intel has laid out a new plan to review each worker's contribution to the company each year and trim its workforce as necessary. They are determined not to grow too big again and risk being hit by AMD as it happened in early 2006.

Old 02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersose View Post
Due to red tape their proposals to open a Fab in India did not go as planned and they finally chose Malaysia or Philppines ( I forget which) instead.
What's new? Apparently that's been the story with Intel in India since the late 60's.

Quote:
Robert Noyce had even come and stayed in his house in Maharani Bagh, in the late '60s, since Noyce wanted Intel to start chip manufacturing in India
http://www.dce.edu/alumni/archives/dham.html

Old 02-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of ssingh92 has much to be proud of
Default Law Makers dont learn

The outsourcing is reducing the TAX , Social Security and many taxes we pay here. Or if they have allowed more visa or GC at least they would have received more TAX revenue. I dont know when the law makers will learn here that illegal imm problem is different than legal immigrants.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

The issue in question is whether it is going India or not. It is not invested in USA.. that matters. Now the most important decision for a company like Intel would not necessarily be w.r.t fab plants. Fab plants are still manufacturing units which is never India's core competency. But services, design, testing and 100 other things involved in chip design means lot of $s.
If we consider $1B in three years, that is over $333M every year. (may be less if we factor in inflation). That is good sized money but not huge. Some companies spend around $200 million on real estate alone over a period of 1.5 years.

BTW, these companies are smart. They do invest in real-estate also in SEZs etc..not necessarily in their core areas...that gives them wonderful ROI in bullish markets like Indian.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2000
Compare
sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all sapota is a name known to all
Default Such press releases are

sometimes to keep Wall St. happy. When Wall St. analysts question a company as to how they will keep their R&D costs low, the immediate answer is 'we will offshore' . $1billion in the chip industry is certainly some sort of manufacturing/testing facility. Intel planned to start that about a year ago, but pulled the plug. Maybe they are re-thinking that.
I-140 RD 07/28/07. LUD 08/14/07.
I-485 RD 08/03/07
Proud Member, Texas State Chapter: http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/texasiv