Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough Jitamitra is a jewel in the rough
Default Lou dobbs on CNN

I was just watching CNN and again it's lou doubs sharing his wisdom on H1B and 29 month OPT extension. Honestly, he needs a 101 class on immigration and someone needs to kick his ass out of CNN for talking about issues out of context.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice
Post Intrested to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitamitra View Post
I was just watching CNN and again it's lou doubs sharing his wisdom on H1B and 29 month OPT extension. Honestly, he needs a 101 class on immigration and someone needs to kick his ass out of CNN for talking about issues out of context.
can you share the source of info like video link or some thing where we can watch or read his comments...

Old 04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
webm will become famous soon enough
Default true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jitamitra View Post
Yeh i have also seen that..it was so ridiculous comments made by him...what is he thinking..

Old 04-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough
Default Comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by webm View Post
Yeh i have also seen that..it was so ridiculous comments made by him...what is he thinking..
Can someone include the synopsis of what he said or the video link?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default Ignore him

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozerozeven View Post
Can someone include the synopsis of what he said or the video link?
Do not give importance to these type of guys. Don't even watch his programmes. Just ignore him.....

Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please tune in to other programes when this stupid guy is on

It is high time IV community members realize what this person stands for. I almost feel like a strange thing crawling up my legs when I watch this guy. The more people watching the more rating he gets. So now for many months I simply curb my urge to watch him and skip to other channels. I would request all of you to do that. Stop giving a ear to him, please. He will never make our lives easier so forget that he even exists. Let us not be fooooools anymore falling for his tricks. Its through negativity that he attracts his preys and mosly its people like me who are searching for tension causing news that listen to hear him. Anyway I am cured of my Lou Dubb obsession. FINALLY NO MORE OF LISTENING TO HIS CRAP ANY MORE ON MY PART. I rather switch to come cartoon show than his.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lou Doubb Does not EXIST ANYMORE FOR IV MEMBERS

Breaking News!!!!
There Was Nobody, There Is Nobody And There Will Be Nobody Called Lou Doubs For Iv Members. We Have Other Matters More Important Pleeeeeeeaase

Old 04-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencard_fever View Post
can you share the source of info like video link or some thing where we can watch or read his comments...
Friend, what link?? For you and me such a person does not exist. But if you still insist on getting adrenalin pumped up your system and spoil your good nights sleep, well thats the situation I was in until a few months before. Now I really know that this is a person who unfortunately survives on putting negative ideas across regarding immigrant community. So why waste time hearing him. Watch sponge bob instead and get a laugh atleast. dont raise his ratings by watching him please.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Compare
NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
It is high time IV community members realize what this person stands for. I almost feel like a strange thing crawling up my legs when I watch this guy. The more people watching the more rating he gets. So now for many months I simply curb my urge to watch him and skip to other channels. I would request all of you to do that. Stop giving a ear to him, please. He will never make our lives easier so forget that he even exists. Let us not be fooooools anymore falling for his tricks. Its through negativity that he attracts his preys and mosly its people like me who are searching for tension causing news that listen to hear him. Anyway I am cured of my Lou Dubb obsession. FINALLY NO MORE OF LISTENING TO HIS CRAP ANY MORE ON MY PART. I rather switch to come cartoon show than his.
Forget the stupid rant of Lou Dobbs. These guys are strick perfectionists. They give false fears to people.

However there is one fact that I observed. The top companies 4 or 5 companies are using around 20,000 H1Bs. And these companies are bringing a lot of un-talented people or just-out-of college graduates and paying them less money and making a lot of money.

I work for a company which applied around 20 H1Bs. There are many companies like that which apply around 1-50 H1Bs per year. But these top companies are applying like around 4500 H1Bs which is ridiculous. These companies are certainly misusing the H1B program.
The guys who came her truly talent based are suffering. I'm not against H1Bs. But by increasing H1Bs these companies take more H1Bs and US jobs as well. It will make job market more competitive. These companies are taking jobs offshore and also sending people here to take jobs away from here.

As long as the current GC backlog is not cleared, what's the point of giving more H1Bs?

If these companies are bringing talented people I think it is worth it, but if they are paying 20k/year and bringing every college graduate who just passed, I think one day the whole H1B program becomes a joke.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough immigrationvoice1 will become famous soon enough
Default Are you on H1B?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToImmigrationVoice View Post
Forget the stupid rant of Lou Dobbs. These guys are strick perfectionists. They give false fears to people.

However there is one fact that I observed. The top companies 4 or 5 companies are using around 20,000 H1Bs. And these companies are bringing a lot of un-talented people or just-out-of college graduates and paying them less money and making a lot of money.

I work for a company which applied around 20 H1Bs. There are many companies like that which apply around 1-50 H1Bs per year. But these top companies are applying like around 4500 H1Bs which is ridiculous. These companies are certainly misusing the H1B program.
The guys who came her truly talent based are suffering. I'm not against H1Bs. But by increasing H1Bs these companies take more H1Bs and US jobs as well. It will make job market more competitive. These companies are taking jobs offshore and also sending people here to take jobs away from here.

As long as the current GC backlog is not cleared, what's the point of giving more H1Bs?

If these companies are bringing talented people I think it is worth it, but if they are paying 20k/year and bringing every college graduate who just passed, I think one day the whole H1B program becomes a joke.
Are you on H1B? 20K for H1B ? Are you sure your company pays that money to H1Bs ? Guess you need to re-check those facts and report the matter to the labor department. Somehow I have a feeling that you are not from the EB GC Backlogged community. Any help in assuaging this feeling will be appreciated.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Compare
NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts NewToImmigrationVoice is infamous around these parts

Immigratonvoice1,

I'm also from EB GC backlogged community. I'm sorry to express dissatisfaction against these top 5 companies but certainly I have seen just-out-of-college graduates(not US educated F1 or Post Graduate students) from offshore being brought on H1Bs. The same companies are amongst the top companines to outsource work from United States. So its a double benefit for them. (Outsourcing projects + H1B onsite project participation)

Note: I'm not saying there are no talented people in these companies. But I have seen many untalented people in these companies for sure, it is a misuse of the system.

Tell me what will happen if H1Bs are increased? The top companies wil take more. They will take 10,000 each instead of 4,000.

Does that help the GC backlogged comunity in anyway?
Can you tell me why they have specifically seperated countries like China and India from Rest of the World?

I'm not against increase in H1Bs, but against few companies(about 4 to 5) taking around 20,000 H1Bs. But I'm OK with all other companies.

If you have come to US based on some kind of talent you will understand what I'm saying.
What about the guys who came 6 to 7 years back (or 10 years back on F1s) and still struggling to maintain jobs/status because of backlogged GCs?

If the government gives unlimited number of GCs then its ok to bring as many as they want.

I'm just expressing my opinion. If I'm wrong, then its OK, all I'm saying is there is some sort of misuse happening in top companies. That's one of the reasons anti-immigration sentiment is growing a lot in US, may be people like Lou Dobbs are doing that.

Where does the smoke come from without fire?

Last edited by NewToImmigrationVoice; 04-07-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
joshi_nilesh is on a distinguished road

Transcripts are not available, right wing radio guys are quiet, Lou Dobbs voice is not that prominent in immigration matters!!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all
Smile Lou Dobbs: "Bill Gates, come on down, let's talk about this."

This evening, I happened to watch Lou Dobbs fretting and fuming on H1B and also against Bill Gates (who clamours for foreign skilled labor (as always)).

Here's the CNN Link to Lou Dobbs' adverse comments on H1B:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bes...ef=videosearch

Hope the above link works. If the above link takes you to a different immigration video, click 'H1B visas doubled' from the playlist at the right.

Warning: IV Members with high BP should not watch Dobbs' fulmination/tirade against H1Bs.

Last edited by wellwisher02; 04-07-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Old 04-07-2008, 11:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold
Default Transcript of the relevant crap

COMMERCIAL BREAK)

DOBBS: Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, he's been calling for more foreign workers in this country for some time. Now Bill Gates says the United States is in decline and that a wealthy China in his words is a very good thing. Gates told the meeting of the Inter American Devilment Bank in Miami, "If you care about the human condition, then a richer China is better." But Gates then said, "Economic and social advances in the rest of the world would erode U.S. dominance and he thinks that's a good thing."

Businesses looking to hire cheap labor today celebrated a victory handed to them by the Bush administration, of course. The Department of Homeland Security is now changing the rules to extend visa states to technology students. The extended stays will allow foreign students a better chance of being hired here at a time when more and more Americans are out of work. It will give as a matter of fact them more than two years to find work.

Bill Tucker has our report.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

BILL TUCKER, CNN CORRESPONDENT: Microsoft's Bill Gates wasn't shy making his wishes known to congress last month.

BILL GATES, MICROSOFT CHAIRMAN: There are a number of steps that congress and the white house should take to address this problem including extending the period that foreign students can work here after graduation.

TUCKER: He got his wish. The Department of Homeland Security has now announced new rules that allow foreign students graduating with degrees in science, technology, engineering and math to stay and work for 2 1/2 years after graduation. It's a move that angered Senator Charles Grassley who calls it "Corporate America's latest attempt to get around the H-1B program." Critics of the program argue that such policies undercut American graduates in those fields.

PAUL ALAMEDA, AFL-CIO: The projection is the growth in this industry is about 120,000 jobs per year and this is in the high tech meaning math and science degrees. And we're graduating in excess of 300,000 with bachelors, masters and PhD's from United States universities.

TUCKER: Despite there been apparent oversupply, corporate America continues to lobby to expand the H-1B program. And one former programmer who now campaigns against the program, fears it's only a matter of time before Gates gets his other wish, that caps on the H-1B visas are abolished.

JOHN MIANO, ATTORNEY: We have created a system in Washington you know of lobbyists and firmly entrenched politicians who in general are not working in the interests of the American peek.

TUCKER: There are now two bills in congress that would more than double the size of the H-1B program. They were introduced the day after Gates testified last month.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

TUCKER: Now there was a 60 day period of public comment on the new rule extending foreign students' stay. The comments can be submitted at this email address, rfs.regs@dhs.gov in your subject line.

DOBBS: We'll put it on the website.

TUCKER: You're going to put it up on the website.

DOBBS: You bet.

TUCKER: All right. Look at it because you need the subject line in there.

DOBBS: I noticed it wasn't on the screen.

TUCKER: Well, no, that's fair, we should help people, if they want to submit these comments be able to put them in.

I want to make one other point, Lou, here. This optional practical training time, OPT is what it's called, has no wage provisions, no protection and no protection for U.S. students.

DOBBS: Who introduced this legislation right after Gates went in and testified?

TUCKER: Representative Gates out of Arizona.

DOBBS: Representative who?

TUCKER: Giffords out of Arizona and Lamar Smith out of Texas.

DOBBS: Lamar Smith out of Texas did that? TUCKER: Yes.

DOBBS: Lamar, you're smarter than this. This is amazing to me. This is selling out the country. This man is on -- I mean what is he thinking about? You can't imagine. He knows that seven out of the top ten companies applying for H-1B visas are Indian companies in this country for the specific purpose of bringing in cheap labor to which American corporations can outsource jobs, middle class jobs. He knows this. And he sat there with a straight face and testified before congress.

TUCKER: And said give me more. And they did.

DOBBS: Bill Gates, come on down, let's talk about this. I mean you really -- I'm afraid I'm not going to be quite in awe of you like those slobbering congressmen were there day who sat there and were in so in awe of your billionaire self. It's ridiculous, this country has got to start standing up for something and when we allow a guy who's the third richest in the world, he's basically ordering up legislation.

TUCKER: And in defiance of every piece of study that's been done in the last year, Lou, that says we are producing enough kids in math, science and technology degrees.

DOBBS: Let me be clear. I want us to graduate far more students in mathematics, far more students in natural sciences. I'm with anybody on that one. But this business is just ridiculous and for these congressmen to be going along with it; Congressman Giffords, Congressman Smith, please come down and explain how in the world a U.S. congressman can just fall in line at the beck and call of a billionaire from Bellevue. The information will be on our website. We appreciate it.

Thank you, Bill.
LC - 12/04, I-140: 07/07 (pending...) I-485:08/07
Waiting....

Old 04-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough zerozerozeven is a jewel in the rough
Default Lou Dobbs - A shameless populist

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/bu...=1&oref=slogin