Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2009, 03:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of
Default Bill to reduce and eliminate family based green cards

several bills to reduce family based chain immigration and also to complete eliminate introduced in the house

Last edited by 24fps; 02-17-2009 at 05:29 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2009, 04:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24fps View Post
several bills to reduce family based chain immigration and also complete eliminate introduced in the house
Once the bill passes, they should make it retroactive to 1600s.
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 02-17-2009, 05:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
hahaha

Old 02-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2007
Compare
ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute ArkBird has a reputation beyond repute

What about people like us wit PD of 1589?

Quote:

Old 02-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2009
Compare
polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24fps View Post
several bills to reduce family based chain immigration and also to complete eliminate introduced in the house
Few days back some one is talking about "Ethnic cleansing" ... Most of the people did not agreed with that guy...

This is a clear indication...

Old 02-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

its preposterous that someone can even think about this.
and even if it fails or does not get tabled, this is outright fascist.
which means, someone in power is crazy.

the red dog, a heavy optimist, thinks these are extremely bad signs.
and extreme times call for extreme measures.

Please remember that when we get our EB based Green Cards and citizenships thereafter, we will still have family back home and we will be longing to live around them.

Last edited by reddog; 02-17-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2009
Compare
polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold polapragada is a splendid one to behold
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertpinto View Post
it will benefit us only if it also increases employment visas at the same time
Please don't mind but I will say this is selfish
1. When H1B's got ban GCs felt happy
2. When they said PERMs are becoming strict - Already who filed felt happy
3. When FB GC reducing - EB GC feels happy
No wonder
If complete immigration banned #USA & some citizens will feel happy
What law makers are doing is same old British theory divide and rule... They want to split the immigrant community...
Legal - Illegal
H1B-GC
EB1-EB2-EB3
EAD non EAD
EB-FB
EB2I-EB2C-EB2P-EB2M-EB2ROW......
EB3I-EB3C-EB3M-EB3ROW….
When other group is getting a hit I will feel happy and thinks that my group is being loved by USCIS and Law makers...Stupid
But in fact ... This is a clear indication that the thinking a capitalist country is changing to words communism... and mass pulling... and ethnic cleansing...
They won't say immigration is banned bcoz they know how much USA is going to lose from international trade and they know consequences
Thats why they want to give an immpression that
They are so many illegal activities going on in H1B...
There is so much threat with Birth right citizenship
If they ban H1B from TARP fund ORG it will save nation
Coming up
Freeze PERM
AUDIT all approved PERM and I-140s because there is so much fraud in PERM (Sure some people here they will support this idea)
H1B quota reduction (Again we will feel good because our jobs will become it safe)
For next two years no H1B IT (Some feel good again)

I can't list any more
This is SELFISH this is why Anti-immigrants is winning we are losing
These law makers don't know how to fix Economy so need to find some goats to punish saying that they are man eaters and threat to nation and citizens and may be to humanity.
All we need is unity. I think we (The immigrant Community) need to get the media positive attention talk to immigration supporting groups and attorneys

Last edited by polapragada; 02-17-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Quote:
Belmont, you will not have senators and congressmen to pass anything come next session?...hehe
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

Old 02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkBird View Post
What about people like us wit PD of 1589?
Its a moving target and the PD is always one year less than your's.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

TOTAL BS!

Ethnic cleansing refers to systematic efforts to persecute and kill an "ethnic group". We are not an ehtnic group. We are immigrants. The supposed law is not to kill us. They want to limit immigrants.

You and I do not have the right to live here unless they grant us visas and GC. You are not already a citizen to shout "ethnic cleansing".

If you were a citizen, rightfully trying to make a living in this country, and they somehow try to get you out of the country, that "might" be considered ethnic cleansing.

All those who are thinking this is ethnic cleansing, please get it out of your heads.

Read before you start typing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polapragada View Post
Few days back some one is talking about "Ethnic cleansing" ... Most of the people did not agreed with that guy...

This is a clear indication...

Old 02-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No wonder
What law makers are doing is same old British theory divide and rule... They want to split the immigrant community...
Legal - Illegal
H1B-GC
EB1-EB2-EB3
EAD non EAD
EB-FB
EB3I-EB3C-EB3M-EB3ROW….
When other group is getting a hit I will feel happy and thinks that my group is being loved by USCIS and Law makers...Stupid
But in fact ... This is a clear indication that the thinking a capitalist country is changing to words communism... and mass pulling... and ethnic cleansing...
They won't say immigration is banned bcoz they know how much USA is going to lose from international trade and they know consequences
Coming up
Freeze PERM
AUDIT all approved PERM and I-140s because there is so much fraud in PERM (Sure some people here they will support this idea)
H1B quota reduction (Again we will feel good because our jobs will become it safe)

I can't list any more
These law makers don't know how to fix Economy so need to find some goats to punish saying that they are man eaters and threat to nation and citizens and may be to humanity.
All we need is unity. I think we (They immigrant Community) need to get the media positive attention talk to immigration supporting groups and attorneys

I second this...

Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

polapragada,

Can't agree more. Divide and rule.
We Indians haven't learned from the colonial past. We are so eager to fight among ourselves that we forget our common goal.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2009
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledge_hammer View Post
TOTAL BS!

Ethnic cleansing refers to systematic efforts to persecute and kill an "ethnic group". We are not an ehtnic group. We are immigrants. The supposed law is not to kill us. They want to limit immigrants.

You and I do not have the right to live here unless they grant us visas and GC. You are not already a citizen to shout "ethnic cleansing".

If you were a citizen, rightfully trying to make a living in this country, and they somehow try to get you out of the country, that "might" be considered ethnic cleansing.

All those who are thinking this is ethnic cleansing, please get it out of your heads.

Read before you start typing!

As time changes the definition changes friend
The Nazi tactics in 1940
Idi Amin tactics in 1970
#USA tactics in 2009
All same
Foolish that we can't see the intension and trying to refer books dictionary
They are talking about birth right citizen ship ... ban family based immigration...
If I am here then where are my dependents are going to be???
Clear indication throw away Indian community from here...can't you see that...
if you are being discriminated your race i will call that situation with EC
you may not see it as per definition but you will understand in future

Old 02-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2012
Compare
hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute hsingh82 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
I second this...
Very true... people who got EAD start bashing H1Bs and the companies who file H1Bs. They forget where they came from and try to be saints just because they are not on H1B anymore or very close to getting GC . Let me ask those reformists here when the application for their PERM or labor was filed do you think everything was done fairly to give equal chances to American Citizens or GC holders to apply for those positions??? Did the advertisement had email address of your employer to send resumes to, was it published in national newspaper... there could be American Citizens or GC holders who could relocate to your employer's city it they knew about the opening. I can go on but in nutshell, stop being hypocrites and introspect before you spit venom on others.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Divide and Rule Game of lawmakers

You have hit the bull's eye. Nothing can be more accurate. People who are writing critical comments about H1B fraud and in support of diversity, point based system etc. are playing in to the hands of anti-immigrants. The anti immigrant lobby has done extra ordinary job of spreading a lie that H1B replaces American worker and H1B is cheap labor.
Our job is to push our cause and our problems. There are "Diversity Ayatollahs" in this country to take care of all that.
First of all there are strict rules on hiring an H1B and ensuring that an American is not replaced. For hiring one H1b the company has to spend close $10000 just to get him inside the company premises. Consider the attorney fees, the filing fees (the check must be from the employing company), the visa stamping fee, the airline tickets for the whole family. Some employers even provide residence for a few months. Remember all these expenses every two years. Now consider the cost to the company of hiring one H1B. It exceeds by miles the cost of hiring an American.
Of late this web site playing the games of anti immigrants. They have told the lie of H1B fraud, the lie of H1b low wages, the lie of H1B replacing an American worker, over and over 100 times. And hearing the same lie so many times over last few years, many have started taking it as truth.
At least we should make public aware of what is truth. The other day I was looking at the blog on rediff.com. One employer was trying to tell the truth about the cost of hiring H1B. But he was vastly out numbered by the anti immigrants' postings. Yes these anti immigrants out number everybody else on Times Of India, Indian Express. Keep watching the story on Hindustan Times. Soon you will find Anti immigrants vastly out numbering us there too.

Quote:
No wonder
Legal - Illegal
H1B-GC
EB1-EB2-EB3
EAD non EAD
EB-FB
EB3I-EB3C-EB3M-EB3ROW….
Coming up
Freeze PERM

I can't list any more
All we need is unity. I think we (The immigrant Community) need to get the media positive attention talk to immigration supporting groups and attorneys

Last edited by jungalee43; 02-17-2009 at 02:45 PM.