Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
validIV will become famous soon enough validIV will become famous soon enough
Default MAVNI -> US Citizenship if you qualify

Just read this at the local paper here in NYC (Daily News)

http://www.tomesparza.com/2009/02/18...uitment-pilot/

MAVNI is a new program(only valid this year 2009). Guarantees US Citizenship if you qualify with one of the profession/language requirements and serve 4 years. I see a lot of Indians posting in IV so im assuming Hindi and maybe some parts of India speak Bengali also. Unfortunately, my language skills are not listed but hopefully this will benefit others.

The actual form signup is here:

https://www.goarmy.com/info/form/Get...rl=/info/mavni
Bookmark and Share Compare

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Ten Things About MAVNI Recruitment Program
February 23rd, 2009

The U.S Secretary of Defense Robert Gates signed a memorandum on November 25, 2008, authorizing the Secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air force to implement a new non-citizen recruitment pilot program for the United States Armed Forces. This program is called the ‘Military Accessions Vital to the National Interest’ (MAVNI), which allows certain non-citizens legally present in the United States to join the military and apply immediately for U.S citizenship without first obtaining lawful permanent residence. The aim of this program is to recruit health care professionals and persons speaking strategic languages. The recruitment process begins on February 23, 2009 in New York City.

1. Under this program, more legal aliens can enlist in the United States military.
2. Unauthorized aliens cannot enlist in the Army under this program.
3. The army is not sponsoring anyone for a visa or assisting anyone outside the United States to enter the US in order to enlist.
4. Persons who enlist under MAVNI can apply for US citizenship immediately even if they do not have lawful permanent resident status.
5. Persons who enlist under MAVNI will be fingerprinted and screened.
6. Health care professionals can go active duty or join the reserve, whereas language enlistees must sign a four- year active duty enlistment contract.
7. Language enlistees are eligible for more than eighty army jobs, whereas health care professionals will be recruited for specific specialties.
8. Citizenship can be revoked if a MAVNI enlistee fails to complete his or her enlistment.
9. The pilot program will end either on December 31, 2009, or when 100 qualified non-citizens have been recruited.
10. Interested persons can find more information on the Go Army website.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
smangc is on a distinguished road

I heard that only people who know any of Arabic languages and have not filed for green card quality .

Old 03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts

They will then ask nurses, doctors etc to fight on frontlines. US never gives its citizenship for free. They don't have enough people who want to work for army.

My simple question: Would you like to fight in Afghanistan/Iraq for citizenship?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute Ennada has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcnotfiledyet View Post
They will then ask nurses, doctors etc to fight on frontlines. US never gives its citizenship for free. They don't have enough people who want to work for army.

My simple question: Would you like to fight in Afghanistan/Iraq for citizenship?
They have listed languages like Tamil and Malayalam. What would US army do with people with Tamil and Malayalam expertise in their Afghan or Iraq front ? To get more people to fight they must recruit non-immigrants with military background. There is something more to it which is obviously classified. Tamil........ I guess, they can use Tamil to gain more expertise on LTTE.....Malayalam ?????

Old 03-06-2009, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
They are not asking for grunts. They are asking for language or medical professionals. There are plenty of Americans who will fight the frontline that are already enlisted. What it looks like they are needing are valuable intel and support personnel–those capable of translation or tending to the wounded. I doubt you would be in harm's way most of the time. You would probably spend most of your career in a secure location (my opinion).

I have several friends in the Marine corp, ( just came back from Iraq) who saw no action. One did fort defense and the other did equipment repair. They never saw any fighting, did one tour each.

Granted this is not for everyone. If you are not willing to die for your home country, you will most certainly not be willing to die for the USA. As thus, this is not for you.

But this might interest other people who do consider or will consider the USA as their new home and are willing to die for it. In return, the army will embrace these people and give them citizenship in return.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2007
Compare
a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute a.j.2048 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennada View Post
Malayalam ?????
Maybe they are thinking ahead and want to get a handle on LeT / IM / SIMI members from Kerala. Other possibility is to act as interpreters for help hired from India and for the Middle East operations.

Last edited by a.j.2048; 03-06-2009 at 02:34 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts svr_76 is infamous around these parts
Default Yes..it great...

except they will post you in those places...for the next 4 years or more.... :-)
So eventaully the big US dreams of an Indian results in the Indian coming to US, joining its armed services, getting his citizenship while (s)he's serving and goes to stay in India to do intel/espionage on indians who are doing stuff that might be hurtfull for US (for sure) and for India (maybe).

EB3 India (PD Sep 2006).
I-140 approved. I-485 (....yep. Pending peding pending)

Last edited by svr_76; 03-06-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by validIV View Post
But this might interest other people who do consider or will consider the USA as their new home and are willing to die for it. In return, the army will embrace these people and give them citizenship in return.
Selling citizenship? You will always be at mercy of US army until you are dead.

Just remember what they did with Phillipines soldiers who fought for US against Japan in WWII. When economy went south they stripped them of citizenship and didn't give them any benefits. It is in this stimulus package (after 55yrs) that those soldiers received token compensation.

Last edited by gcnotfiledyet; 03-06-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Compare
H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all

Yes, CIA also comes under US Military. They may post some spys in India/Srilanka/London to gather intelligence information about India and Srilanka or militants who speak those languages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennada View Post
They have listed languages like Tamil and Malayalam. What would US army do with people with Tamil and Malayalam expertise in their Afghan or Iraq front ?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Compare
H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all H1Girl is a name known to all

US is known to play cheap tricks and this is one of such trick especially with Indians. I am sure this cheap trick won't attract that many applicants as 'US is a prosperous country' will become history soon.

Quote:

Last edited by H1Girl; 03-06-2009 at 02:40 PM.

Old 03-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1Girl View Post
Yes, CIA also comes under US Military. They may post some spys in India/Srilanka/London to gather intelligence information about India and Srilanka or militants who speak those languages
CIA and military are totally different organizations. Generally Pentagon, CIA, FBI do not even get along with each other. It was quite evident when CIA had bin laden in its cross hairs and military refused to help CIA. Also military will be totally separate governed by separate laws, separate courts etc.

On the other hand how much will they trust a guy who is ready to spy against his own country for citizenship?

Old 03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Hmm... think again

The concept of country of origin as "own country" was abandoned when you left "your own country" and migrated to another country.

Had you not been stuck in the immigration quicksand, you would have received your green card by now and perhaps either applied for citizenship or may already have received citizenship as well.

Additionally, this program promises you citizenship at the time of application. You cannot be a citizen of 2 countries at the same time - you have to pledge allegiance to one.

jazz

Quote:
CIA and military are totally different organizations. Generally Pentagon, CIA, FBI do not even get along with each other. It was quite evident when CIA had bin laden in its cross hairs and military refused to help CIA. Also military will be totally separate governed by separate laws, separate courts etc.

On the other hand how much will they trust a guy who is ready to spy against his own country for citizenship?
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare

Quote:
Many people, especially here, are already guilty of betraying their home country by abandoning their natural citizenship. I do not know many countries that support dual citizenship, most countries are against it.

Greencard -> US Citizen = Loss of Natural citizenship in most countries, and most GC holders eventually do become citizens.

Don't think it matters to them how you get your US citizenship. What does matter is that you were willing to abandon your birth citizenship to obtain it.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2006
Compare
bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of bluekayal has much to be proud of

Tamil and Malayalam because many people work at the iraqi bases. food service etc.

Closed Thread