Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold
Default is there a link to hear the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbartosik View Post
Almost felt like Ron was turned Although I do believe there is genuine common ground.
Making our points for us.
I rather messed up the last sentence. But happy with it in the end.
Can some one post the link to the recording.

Thanks and Good job Mark
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good call everyone..

I cannot access site at work but if it stays there for day I will sure listen at home.. nice work Mark and other IVans.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
ganguteli

Innocent Immigrations are falling for devicive politic of anti-immigrants.

You guys feel happy when he says againt H1Bs and supports you for greencards. This is sheer ignorance on your part.

Don't you forget that you are also on H1B and do not have a greencard. If Ron Hiira and his friends remove all H1B workers, even you all will be kicked out of this country. His friends are programmers Guild, numbers USA and Zenophobics.

I am surprised that he is himself a foriegn born and immigrant. But I guess some people want to close the door of opportunity behind them once they cross the door.

I really pity the ignorance of some members on this thread who think Ron Hira is their buddy.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
rameshms will become famous soon enough
Default Excellent Job

Mark and the others on the call,

Excellent job.

Thank you.

One Time $100
Monthly $20 (March 07 to Feb 09)

Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Good Job Mark

Hope this debate gets us to the target.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2006
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Compare
mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute mbartosik has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Ron is our buddy, but when we can use a little common ground to get him to start talking about our issues it focuses debate where we need it, and I see that as a good thing.

If we didn't engage imagine what the show would have been like (Ron all anti H1 and only talking about that, and Demetrios talking about statistics and who can decide best employer/gov).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
Innocent Immigrations are falling for devicive politic of anti-immigrants.

You guys feel happy when he says againt H1Bs and supports you for greencards. This is sheer ignorance on your part.

Don't you forget that you are also on H1B and do not have a greencard. If Ron Hiira and his friends remove all H1B workers, even you all will be kicked out of this country. His friends are programmers Guild, numbers USA and Zenophobics.

I am surprised that he is himself a foriegn born and immigrant. But I guess some people want to close the door of opportunity behind them once they cross the door.

I really pity the ignorance of some members on this thread who think Ron Hira is their buddy.
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Cameroon
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
claudia255 will become famous soon enough

Thank you Mark. It was easy understand for the layman and I hope this issue gets more traction on the national level.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hats off to your effort Mark

Dear Mark,

Hopefully I will get a chance to hear the debate when I get home.
All of us, who you represent, will forever be indebted to you.
Good Job!!!

Thank you,

Joy

Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you Ron Campaign ?

Should we all thank Ron and gently push him to start highlighting permanent residency backlogs as a cause for H1 abuse??

If his whole agenda is H1 abuse, then this should be part of the solution right?

Possibly this was tried before and the result was the conclusion that RH is anti?

Quote:
I don't think Ron is our buddy, but when we can use a little common ground to get him to start talking about our issues it focuses debate where we need it, and I see that as a good thing.

If we didn't engage imagine what the show would have been like (Ron all anti H1 and only talking about that, and Demetrios talking about statistics and who can decide best employer/gov).

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Last edited by needhelp!; 03-12-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of shantanup has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Shantanu, would you call and tell your story
pleeease
I did send an e-mail but didn't get picked up, it seems.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light Openarms is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks and Good job Mark on the show, it was very good discussion... I like the way you put in this backlog of EB India, China category. Seems every body on the panel agrees on pushing out these back log cases and speeding the GC process and removing the country quota.

IV please push these things legislative and white house communities to get some kind of resolution. Please provide an action item for these issues and do a fund drive. Dam sure lot of folks join this drive.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Should we all thank Ron and gently push him to start highlighting permanent residency backlogs as a cause for H1 abuse??

If his whole agenda is H1 abuse, then this should be part of the solution right?
Excellent Idea!

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011

Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you Mark

Thank you Mark.

Quote:
Almost felt like Ron was turned Although I do believe there is genuine common ground.
Making our points for us.
I rather messed up the last sentence. But happy with it in the end.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice Devils_Advocate is just really nice

Quote:

Possibly this was tried before and the result was the conclusion that RH is anti?
Lets not get carried away, Ron Hira's position is well known, do hear his tiff with wadhwa on CNBC, the fact is that he got cornered on this debate and tied down so he stopped barking amidst a few whimpers here and there. Ron Hira will never take our side, it will erode his support base nor should we think he's on our side, remember he paints ALL H-1bs with the same stroke, that of low to average skilled low wage workers, thats his agenda and claim to fame period.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ruchigup will become famous soon enough ruchigup will become famous soon enough
Default here it is

Seems it is not enabled yet. (scroll down and look for 13:06 Highly-skilled Immigrants and the Recession)

http://wamu.org/programs/kn/

Quote:
Originally Posted by shana04 View Post
Can some one post the link to the recording.

Thanks and Good job Mark
I-485 Approved 9/15 & received cards 9/21 !!!