Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute anandrajesh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
I find many different types of people on immigration forums. For my own understanding I can generally distribute them in many different broad categories. But one of my favorite is for those who cannot differentiate between Immigration Lawyer and GOD. You just sign-ed up in that category. For folks like you, the words coming out of the mouth of immigration lawyer is the word of GOD. Nevertheless, you have no clue that most immigration lawyers deliberately delay green card application process of people like us because immigration lawyers are part of Employer-Lawyer nexus to help employer retain employee for longer time duration.

But that's ok, now that the GOD has said it, there is no reason for it to not happen. And the only reason this is not happening is because IV is stopping it from happening.

You realize how dumb this is? I just want to know if you realize this. You have any idea what goes on in the world around you and why/who is conspiring to delay your green card application? And you think that immigration lawyers are GOD??? If EB category was a country and we were all citizens on EB country, and if there was a way to renounced my citizenship from this EB country, this was that moment where your post would have pushed me over the edge to renounce my citizenship from EB country .... Cheez

Sanju - You are my hero.

Most of the times your posts come out as Brash and a little rude, but more often than not, the information in your posts actually makes lots of sense.
HOPING USCIS either to approve or deny my GC ASAP - EB3 India, PD - 2004 Mar, I-140 - 2006 July
I-485/AP/EAD - RD July 2. ND Aug 15, 2007 NSC
FP - Oct 12, 2007 EAD,AP - 2nd set
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default all for it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingUnlimited View Post
new user,

This will also help those who can not afford to buy by reducing the backlog. I will not believe about what you said about those who already have home. I think not even 5% of us have home which is very less and this great idea can not be left because of those 5%.

We can argue about them when you compaign.
All for it !
Why not GC for current home buyers and also for the ones who have already bought a home ? if it is only 5% of us who have already bought a home....adding that 5% is not really going to change the # drastically...

Let's do it !!

IV....

Old 03-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is that you teli. did you change your name to thomachan72?

Oh no..Sanju. not teli... we are still waiting for teli's response....hopefully (if Zen is right) we should be hearing soon from teli..... but great going... we are running the same race, just have chosen different tracks..

Old 03-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute walking_dude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Enjoy

Forget about geting GCs by proposing to buy houses folks. Our beloved Congressmen are working to reduce employment visas behind the scenes. Once labor unions commandeer the commission to determine visa numbers, life is a one way street - Back Home.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4007105.story

When I proposed a March Rally everyone was complaining - it's too cold. I hope it's hot enough for all of you now. Good look to everyone working on FOIA to get the (useless) numbers to make (useless) predictions. Once the labor unions are done with their demolition job it will be 25-30 years before we see the GC ( that is if they don't send us back).

I know this will not open any eyes. You can wake up folks sleeping, but not those who pretend to sleep - aka majority of the EB community.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2006-04-10
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-08-04
Compare
suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light suavesandeep is a glorious beacon of light

May be irrevalant ..But even if somebody can buy a home, Does it make sense to buy a home in this environment . I know we have a long thread discussing this ?

* With all the global benefits like public healthcare system, medicare schedule D etc and other government spendings which have started and will need to be funded for ever..Its just a matter of time that there will be federal tax increases across board to support all this spending and wont be restricted to the elite i.e. making more than 250K.
* WIth Globalization median incomes here will either stagnate or go in the other direction.
* With all the money Government has pushed. Inflation in the given future is given.

All these basic facts tell me that, The actual take home pay will only reduce going forward. How do i make a 30 year loan committment when there is so much uncertainity in the income i will be making irrspective on what your status in this country is.

Also Nobody knows if the home prices have bottomed out. Most people predict we have some more to go.

What we need is lot of people buying houses quickly .I am not sure anybody sensible would want to buy now for the reasons stated above.

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice"

Last edited by suavesandeep; 03-27-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

What I see is a Turkish Bazaar of policy ideas.
By the way if that "buy a house, get a GC" law is passed. I will rush and buy a 10K foreclosed home in run-down detroit and get a GC.

Last edited by go_guy123; 03-27-2009 at 05:25 PM.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

walking_dude,

Thanks for posting the article. A lot of people, including myself, were not aware of this. Your words of wisdom will fall to deaf ears. EB community is not sleeping, it is unconscious after consuming the comfort of flat screen TVs and weekend pani poori parties. You can wake up someone who is sleeping, but you cannot wake up someone who is unconscious. For the unconscious, one needs shock treatment. It seems someone is working on the shock treatment and we will soon see it in the form of a bill. But don't get too excited too fast, any amount of shock treatment is not sufficient for this beast. We are going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking_dude View Post
Forget about geting GCs by proposing to buy houses folks. Our beloved Congressmen are working to reduce employment visas behind the scenes. Once labor unions commandeer the commission to determine visa numbers, life is a one way street - Back Home.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,4007105.story

When I proposed a March Rally everyone was complaining - it's too cold. I hope it's hot enough for all of you now. Good look to everyone working on FOIA to get the (useless) numbers to make (useless) predictions. Once the labor unions are done with their demolition job it will be 25-30 years before we see the GC ( that is if they don't send us back).

I know this will not open any eyes. You can wake up folks sleeping, but not those who pretend to sleep - aka majority of the EB community.
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 03-27-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute javadeveloper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
By the way if that buya house get GC law is passed. I will rush and buy a 10K foreclosed home in run-down detroit and get a GC.
May be USCIS need to come up with 'GC for the those who buy homes at least $300K worth'

Old 03-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandrajesh View Post
Sanju - You are my hero.

Most of the times your posts come out as Brash and a little rude, but more often than not, the information in your posts actually makes lots of sense.

Dear anandrajesh,

Thanks for the kind words. I try my best to avoid writing rude post. When I read a post, and decide to respond, I try to make sure that I am not sounding rude. While I am typing the post, I just get carried away as I gather my thoughts and think hard about the post I am responding. I do not mean any harm to anyone here. In fact, just want everyone to succeed in their journey whichever stage one maybe. And anytime you just that see my post is rude, just know that my apology is attached with it, because I do not mean any harm to anyone. These forums have given me so much opportunity to learn things that I would have not been able to learn anywhere else.

All the Best!

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 03-27-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default 500k

I think there should be a 500K cap atleast and 20% downpayment.

I suspect some conspiracy here. The US administration really wants to sell auctioned/ foreclosed homes to some distressed buyers here and not to us. Although there is no stopping you from buying it now.

And when the prices get jacked up again they will give us GC so as to buy a house. when we would not be able to afford them once again.

Just one of my conspiracy theories ......

Old 03-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2004
Compare
485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute 485Mbe4001 has a reputation beyond repute

i can try to answer this, the short answer is that he has been through what some of us have also experienced...if a single person keeps banging his head against the wall the head hurts. Nothing happens to the wall. The wall will only break when a large group works together to attack it.
We break into splinters the moment we see something that will make us jump ahead. There are many waiting to divide us.
e.g. - some will say apply it only to new houses..others will say make it retroactive to 2005 or 2008. EB3 Vs EB2 is another example of splintering.

I used to be an active member in 07 and 08, organizing meetings, distributing flyers etc basically doing everything i thought i could to help. I suggest you talk to the members who are very active, they dedication and spirit is inspirational. I learnt a lot from our chapter leaders and active members.

The majority do little, talk a lofty game, donate $10 and demand results from the US president. The fact of the matter is that most have no idea how the system works. Meet a congressman or senator 3 times and you will realize that most of the time their staff is just trying to BS you, it takes a lot of persistence and effort just to get the right message across. Most will agree that EB is an issue and needs to be solved but will chicken out when the anti hammer their offices with calls. In our case 10 say they will call but 8 actually make the call out of which only 5 manage to get the right message across. I still think that the iron was hot during last years letter writing campaign. we would have had an impact if people had just listened and mailed a couple of letters. anyways..good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingUnlimited View Post
sanju,

why can't be your response be straight or point to point instead of writing long stories?

If you support this then say clear about it or say in short why you can't?

Old 03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice combo offer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
By the way if that "buy a house, get a GC" law is passed. I will rush and buy a 10K foreclosed home in run-down detroit and get a GC.
COMBO Offer: Buy a house get a GC "FREE FREE FREE"
There will be different category created for such people (Not employment based) and a different bulletin list and limited quota of only 20 GC per year !!!! then we can wait for this bulletin as well..

Old 03-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute

Most cases lobbying is all about timing. You can hammer away at whatever you want to but unless it makes political sense to the pinheads sitting in washington it is not going to make any difference. Yes I agree that the effort towards the final build up has to start- from like the above mentioned posts by a few folks. In short a drop-trickle-steady flow-full flow- and eventually a flood should get the point home but even then we are far too few..

The best e.g was that no one did anything about the H1b program when the economy was healthy- as soon as it went south the protectionist or political genes picked up and they slammed restrictions on the TARP programs.

Again if you think the Obama is our friend that is wrong. What is he doing is extremely smart. If you listen or read carefully he is all for using Americans to enchance America while mildly acknowledging that we need to "fulfill the gap" in a indirect -non political suicidal way. For e.g. he came out completely knowing that nursing shortage was there in the US and yet instead of mentioning anything about a visa reform he said that we should train our own nurses-cajoling the American sentiment. His latest thought was that there are certain jobs that are not going to come back since there is no way Americans can compete with the price tags offered by other Asian economies- To that he offered that Americans should start looking into high tech jobs- Again he cajoled every xenophobic sentiment- Understand this -it may take a couple of generations and most of you may not agree with me on this but the fact remains is that America was not built nor dependant on the H1b Program not the EB based applications till the late 20th century. The story now is different and what I see Obama doing is trying to take it back to the post 1980 century which is a excellent thing to do if you are a American but scary if you are non-citizen awaiting immigration. Chances are most of us will escape this but somewhere down the line it will catch up.

How many H1b applications were filed prior to 1992? or EB based applications? Things changed at a rapid rate during the Clinton era and the clogs started to hit each and every place 2 years after he was done.

Some of you should really read what is happening- The MARKET or the BANKS DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO LEND which is causing a credit freeze and hence the economic downturn- Now why on God's Green earth will any politician allow this to pass? This boils down to timing- So when the economy picks up then it would make it more appealing to the pinheads in Washington but till then...

Old 03-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/07/2007
Compare
PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute PresidentO has a reputation beyond repute

For a moment I was very surprised reading when did IV stop pushing for it. It was actually IV who pushed for it before it made on to NYT OP-ED Courtesy of Friedman. IV, in fact pushed it with nitty gritty details on how much $$ the proposal will raise and how it will address the insolvency partially. Every one else talked about the issue from a 10,000 feet level.

Where was the OP when he was asked to send the email to all the congressional committees? The idiot (sorry but true) was just reading Murthy Bulletin or Siskind's blog. No offense to either attorney. They are good at what they do. The OP epitomizes what Sanju said. The ideology of I don't believe until the Immigration attorney's bless on any idea keeps amazing me. some people will sit watching peeing in their pants about the ramifications and consequences or simply dont believe in it. Oh! Friedman writes about it. Now it has become a policy issue that is making news almost every week. Agreed, NYT editorials have huge impact on policy decisions but c'mon believe a little bit in yourself and what you see and read with your eyes.

God! No one can save us as long as we subscribe to that thought. Put your brains and decide what is good and what is wrong. I am sure IV did not fear when they came out with the idea or waited to get it blessed by economists. So Moron! Change the Subject and work on action items.

To the smart a$$ who thinks that you can run a marathan from El paso to Detroit to buy a 75$ home, you and your marathon runners will only run but will not get GC. We have seen too many gimmicks and any such legislation will have the checks and balances such as home value needs to be above the median value published by HUD and 20% down. yada yada... Enough!

I will start compiling who else endorsed this idea and we should write another time to members of congress. Hopefully the OP will show up this time and will not come back 4 months later and ask same Q

NYT Thomas Friedman
USC Lee Ohanian
GMU Alex Taborrok and Tyler Cowen
Gary Schilling of the Schilling Index
Attorneys Greg Siskind and Sheela Murthy (Carl Shusterman??)
Sheila Danzig (Credential evaluator)

Intentionally left out Alan Greenspan (that name is a taboo on the hill, now)
Who else fellas?

Old 03-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all ksrk is a name known to all
Default Take it easy...

Quote:
You realize how dumb this is? I just want to know if you realize this. You have any idea what goes on in the world around you and why/who is conspiring to delay your green card application? And you think that immigration lawyers are GOD??? If EB category was a country and we were all citizens on EB country, and if there was a way to renounced my citizenship from this EB country, this was that moment where your post would have pushed me over the edge to renounce my citizenship from EB country .... Cheez

Take a chill pill, Sanju. No reason to clobber folks, just because they haven't read several other posts or aren't as articulate as we'd all like to be. Maybe you are reading too much into the original post.

We are after all human - every once a while, ths long wait gets to us, prompting us to ask questions such as this or propose older ideas again - that is no reason to characterize anyone as low or to make sensational analogies of "EB country an its citizenship renunciation".

Hopefully we will all reach the light at the end of this long tunnel...let's not turn on each other before that happens.
FP: Jan 15, 2008
FP & NC: Cleared Aug 2008
RFE Apr 2009 (responded Apr 2009)
CPO: Sep 10, 2009
Approval notice: Sep 14, 2009 (in the mail)