Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Now Rahm Emanuel also supports CIR! (WSJ)

Good development. We need to start mobilizing our group

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123931821992806781.html

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Good development. We need to start mobilizing our group

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123931821992806781.html
Rahm's job is to get the President's agenda passed. He cannot get that done without the support of Hispanic caucus in the House. If Rahm and others will not make these statements, a revolt within the democratic party is very likely. So Rahm's comments and the comments of the WH staff has been made with a certain objective, which simple people like us cannot understand if we look at these comments at their face value. These guys are smart and they have a tough task ahead of them. They will say/do anything to push their agenda and maintain their majority in the congress, with or without an immigration bill. They don't care if an immigration bill is considered/pass/fail. Democrats will win with a bigger majority if they bring an immigration bill for vote and that immigration bill would fail (some how, deliberately by democrats). Dems will blame the failure of immigration bill on the GOP. And if the immigration bill would pass with Democratic majority, United Stupid of America will for ever blame the democratic party for destroying the "western civilization", which means Dems will most likely lose the majority and Republicans will get a reason to unite against Dems. Dems will win with bigger majority if they keep immigration hanging instead of getting some immigration bill passed. And that fits in very well with Rahm's job profile. And just as in 2008, if Dems show that they want to bring immigration bill and can't do that b'coz GOP will not let it pass, Dems will continue to keep the issue alive and GOP will lose by a bigger margin in 2010. It will be a disaster for Obama if he has to deal with Republican majority Congress. So their most important job is to make sure that they stay in majority in the Congress.

You are reading too much into what these guys are saying on daily basis because they trash anyone who is not in a room just to make themselves look good. They will go out of the country and trash talk about America, they will come to US and trash people outside. And hence the profession "politicians".

Just chill out man, and not read too much into these statements, becoz if it were for these politicians, most of them will sell their own child to retain the power. But hey, if there is a bill, even better, but the bill will not show up in October because of Rahm said somthing in April. Just thought of sharing how I see it. And the only reason I am saying this is, since morning I have seen multiple threads about what Obama Administration staffer said and later Gibbs retracted and then Rahm's comments about CIR. I think we should sit back and witness this media drama, because in the end, its all drama.

Cheers

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Last edited by sanju; 04-10-2009 at 12:16 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute joydiptac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Rahm's job is to get the President's agenda passed., Dems will continue to keep the issue alive and GOP will lose by a bigger margin in 2010
Does that mean nothing is happening till 2010?

Old 04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joydiptac View Post
Does that mean nothing is happening till 2010?
I would say 2013 ie. until after Obama's 2nd term election.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 04-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future va_dude has a brilliant future
Default no CIR this year

This post on cnn clearly sites WH officials indicating its not happeneing this year.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...liticalflipper

Old 04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

That is their main aim. Obama and Democrats need to show that Democrats are only supporting CIR. If they pass this year that will be useful to get more votes in 2010 election but it will not be useful to get votes for Obama as some other issues may override CIR on next President election. So CIR on 2011 will be best time for Obama as he can be easily elected for second time based on that. If pressure is more they can do a Piecemeal bills like Dream bill and some other bills to satisfy some of them and keeping other issues alive. They are almost sure that anti immigrants will somehow kill any major bill on immigration. If anyone is optimistic then it is the story of Tiger coming. One day tiger will come when most give up.

In the case legal immigration nothing may happen untill headlines shows last month US economy added 300k jobs. Now every month 500 to 600k jobs were lost for last 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Rahm's job is to get the President's agenda passed. He cannot get that done without the support of Hispanic caucus in the House. If Rahm and others will not make these statements, a revolt within the democratic party is very likely. So Rahm's comments and the comments of the WH staff has been made with a certain objective, which simple people like us cannot understand if we look at these comments at their face value. These guys are smart and they have a tough task ahead of them. They will say/do anything to push their agenda and maintain their majority in the congress, with or without an immigration bill. They don't care if an immigration bill is considered/pass/fail. Democrats will win with a bigger majority if they bring an immigration bill for vote and that immigration bill would fail (some how, deliberately by democrats). Dems will blame the failure of immigration bill on the GOP. And if the immigration bill would pass with Democratic majority, United Stupid of America will for ever blame the democratic party for destroying the "western civilization", which means Dems will most likely lose the majority and Republicans will get a reason to unite against Dems. Dems will win with bigger majority if they keep immigration hanging instead of getting some immigration bill passed. And that fits in very well with Rahm's job profile. And just as in 2008, if Dems show that they want to bring immigration bill and can't do that b'coz GOP will not let it pass, Dems will continue to keep the issue alive and GOP will lose by a bigger margin in 2010. It will be a disaster for Obama if he has to deal with Republican majority Congress. So their most important job is to make sure that they stay in majority in the Congress.

You are reading too much into what these guys are saying on daily basis because they trash anyone who is not in a room just to make themselves look good. They will go out of the country and trash talk about America, they will come to US and trash people outside. And hence the profession "politicians".

Just chill out man, and not read too much into these statements, becoz if it were for these politicians, most of them will sell their own child to retain the power. But hey, if there is a bill, even better, but the bill will not show up in October because of Rahm said somthing in April. Just thought of sharing how I see it. And the only reason I am saying this is, since morning I have seen multiple threads about what Obama Administration staffer said and later Gibbs retracted and then Rahm's comments about CIR. I think we should sit back and witness this media drama, because in the end, its all drama.

Cheers

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.