Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration Rules Impact Tech Recruiting

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/12/bu...2immig.html?hp

A very good NY Times Feature including Multi Media Presentation

Old 04-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice

Good link, yea some how this is wrong timing they are equating tech engineers along with who crossed border for their livelihood.

Big problem is no other country on the earth is competing ly against US of A which is great in one way, but as we get hit by some old age rules of immigration it takes the joy away.

India is yet to see so many Narayana Murthies.....its sad to see most of my indian IIM, IIT grads are another digital salary workers like me, of course at higher level and very less helpful to develop IT in india.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gplp2009 is on a distinguished road
Default Filed I-485 in 2007 but not EAD.

Friends,

I had applied for my I-485 (EB3 - India, PD Aug 2003) during Jul-Aug 2007 for myself (primary applicant - register for adjustment of status) with out applying any EAD,AP etc. I was not married during that time so to be on safer side just applied only 485 registration. Now that I am married and my spouse is here on a dependent visa.

Now since H1B is becoming tough, are there any safe options for me ? I am eligible to apply for my EAD for safety net but under pressure about my spouse being on H4. Do you guys know of any safe options. I really appreciate your options and thoughts. It really helps us.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Binny View Post
India is yet to see so many Narayana Murthies.....its sad to see most of my indian IIM, IIT grads are another digital salary workers like me, of course at higher level and very less helpful to develop IT in india.
Very true. Indian companies are mainly doing contract service. Very little IP/product development and generates revenue through license.
I do agree Narayana Murthy started a great service company but now to go the next level India needs to develop successful product company like Sasken, iflex etc.

More Infosys wont do major benefit besides undercutting other companies in the billing rate. IP/Product based growth always increases revenue per employee.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gplp2009 is on a distinguished road
Default Filed I-485 in 2007 but not EAD.

Please ignore my post here. I posted by mistake here.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ubaidu is on a distinguished road

This guy moved to Canada because of immigration problems here. Actually there is a lot of brain drain to Canada in the last few years. I can see a great possibility of Canada becoming technology hub in the near future. Think about it... people talk about India and China becoming super powers, mainly because of the young brains there. But the infrastructure and political situation in those two countries respectively do not back up this claim. Eventually they may become super powers, but there is a long road to pass. At least a quarter century. Where will the center of action move until then? All the odds points to Canada. With such a broken immigration and eduction system in US it is not US - no imported or organic brains. It is not Europe either. Canada has all the good things of a developed country and a good inflow of brains to move it fast forward. Are you guys thinking what I am thinking? Like to hear your opinions...

Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default “We are watching the decline and fall of the United States as an economic power "

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubaidu View Post
This guy moved to Canada because of immigration problems here. Actually there is a lot of brain drain to Canada in the last few years. I can see a great possibility of Canada becoming technology hub in the near future. Think about it... people talk about India and China becoming super powers, mainly because of the young brains there. But the infrastructure and political situation in those two countries respectively do not back up this claim. Eventually they may become super powers, but there is a long road to pass. At least a quarter century. Where will the center of action move until then? All the odds points to Canada. With such a broken immigration and eduction system in US it is not US - no imported or organic brains. It is not Europe either. Canada has all the good things of a developed country and a good inflow of brains to move it fast forward. Are you guys thinking what I am thinking? Like to hear your opinions...
I agree, just like this quote in the article says

“We are watching the decline and fall of the United States as an economic power — not hypothetically, but as we speak,”

To the nativists who argue that "we have plenty of Americans to fill those positions" my question is "Oh yeah? So WHERE ARE THEY??" If they are all around us, why would any company go through the trouble of paying attorney fees to hire a foreign H-1B worker? And if they come back with the argument that "it is so that they can pay lower wages" I would then answer "Yes, and Elvis is still alive and lives in Vegas" LOL, nativists are few and a bunch of tools, but they're loud. Let's not let them bother us and let's fight for our cause. This is our year! Once Legal immigration is fixed it will be America's year, because WE will help bring America back to its economic power status.

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!

Old 04-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice

If any one says we have plenty of americans to fill these positions... let me know how many post graduates in computer science are out of job ? who does coding and in touch with current technologies and willing to work for less wages atleast in tough times..answer very very few.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont go so far - how many grads first ?

That's all Bullshit by Programmer's Guild and other racist organizations. I don't see a single capable Graduate (Bachelor of Science) american who is sitting months after months for a Tech Job. 50% of the Tech jobs in Dice are saying "Americans and GC/EAD Holders" only. Those losers who are posting venom against H1B's are just racist pigs. They just can't tolerate peoples who look different than them. Some folks are moderate but they get carried away by misleading opinions.

Anyway - the ultimate loss will happen for America. H1 folks are 75-80% qualified , some are crap we all know ... majority of those 75-80% will move to other countries and start looking/making something new.

I'm here for 10 yrs on H and my GC is applied 5 yrs back - no signs of getting it in another 5-6 yrs . Do you think i will wait here in this pathetic Job market which discriminates clearly - "H1's are not allowed to apply for this Job"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Binny View Post
If any one says we have plenty of americans to fill these positions... let me know how many post graduates in computer science are out of job ? who does coding and in touch with current technologies and willing to work for less wages atleast in tough times..answer very very few.

Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has IV contacted Sanjay/Google

This seems to be a great real life story to highlight the issue of legal immigration. Has IV attempted to contact Sanjay or his employers? IV is the one and only group that is fighting for EB issues and it seems very important that some senior members/group contact folks like Sanjay and make a representation about our situation to the president directly.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold
Default I think he is a IV member

I think Sanjay is a IV member. I remember reading a post with a profile similar to his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
This seems to be a great real life story to highlight the issue of legal immigration. Has IV attempted to contact Sanjay or his employers? IV is the one and only group that is fighting for EB issues and it seems very important that some senior members/group contact folks like Sanjay and make a representation about our situation to the president directly.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubaidu View Post
Canada is a piece of crap. 62% of taxes are payed by 12% of the population. There is simply no incentive to work hard and try to excell. The country is over regulated and over taxed. There is absolutely NO work for n engineer or IT professional.
I am saying these things due to first hand experience. I wasted 6 perfectly good years of my life in that stupid country and COULD NOT find a job!!. Hadf to work in US, crossing the border everey day.
Believe me, its better here

Old 04-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
Canada is a piece of crap. 62% of taxes are payed by 12% of the population. There is simply no incentive to work hard and try to excell. The country is over regulated and over taxed. There is absolutely NO work for n engineer or IT professional.
I am saying these things due to first hand experience. I wasted 6 perfectly good years of my life in that stupid country and COULD NOT find a job!!. Hadf to work in US, crossing the border everey day.
Believe me, its better here
Its true but at least you are still in the game i mean staying in NorthAmerica travelling US to Canada, vice versa.

Now the problem is because of all these crazy situations after spending 10 fruitful years in this country, can't imagine shutting the door, na ghar ka na ghat ka.

Old 04-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light aachoo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Radio program on H1Bs

http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R904130900

A couple of the usual suspects- Norman Matloff, TiE etc. The program is usually fairly balanced. I only caught a part of it. The Compete America Guy was well prepared and hard hitting.

-a

Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute dontcareaboutGC has a reputation beyond repute

I emailed the writer of this article and got a response indicating he will be more careful of the context of his articles and also have pointed out the actual facts regarding EB legislation. I have requested a meeting with the fellow and if he obliges I will request for stories and other relevant information.