Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute
Default KALW-FM public radio in San Francisco and KUSP-FM Santa Cruz

Your Call 050409

Are foreign workers still an economic asset?

Are foreign workers still an asset in a struggling economy? On the next Your Call we'll talk about an increasing unease in the Bay Area about American companies hiring foreign workers or outsourcing jobs. The Bay Area has been a haven for high skilled immigrants and they have returned the welcome by founding half of Silicon Valley's new companies in the last fifteen years. Is the welcome mat about to be pulled back inside? Send us an email at feedback@yourcallradio.org or join us live at 11 am. How will our economy change if foreign students take their diplomas and go home? It's Your Call with Rose Aguilar and you.

Guests:
Matt Richtel in San Francisco
New York Times reporter, covering technology and telecommunications from the San Francisco bureau. He currently writes the monthly column "VC Nation," about the venture capital industry.

Vivek Wadhwa at Duke University
Fellow with the Labor and Worklife Program at Harvard Law School and executive in residence/adjunct professor at the Pratt School of Engineering at Duke University.

Folks,

Wanted to share this with you. Some thoughts for talking points.

If you or some one you know has been hit by the TARP amendment, explain your position.

If you or some one you know has graduated from B School and were denied a offer, explain the protectionism this amendment brought and how this will have repercussions down the lane

If you are one of those who will buy a home if there were no insecurity/risk caused by lack of permanent residency, tell them that you will buy a house if you were given a green card.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

sorry totally missed this as IAm in CST...anyone?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default I was listening...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekilo View Post
sorry totally missed this as IAm in CST...anyone?
Vivek did good job on bashing that programmer guild guy. He and other callers are on body shoppers . Vivek was arguing to give GCs . he also agreed that there are some some loop holes in h1b but not majority of . Also one of caller from NJ ( RAM ) did good job.

During talkshow.. John from PG said that there is lots of abuse in H1b program. Majority of program is currpted. He also said DHS acknowleged that there is 20 % fraud in H1b prog.

Now RAM argued that if u are saying majotiry and at same time u mention 20% is that 20 % is majority ? Why dnt u look at 80 % side... that was very good point..

also he mentioned that H1b is path to GC for most of highly skilled. They are trying to close door one by one. Divide and Rule policy..

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute ilikekilo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_on_demand View Post
Vivek did good job on bashing that programmer guild guy. He and other callers are on body shoppers . Vivek was arguing to give GCs . he also agreed that there are some some loop holes in h1b but not majority of . Also one of caller from NJ ( RAM ) did good job.

During talkshow.. John from PG said that there is lots of abuse in H1b program. Majority of program is currpted. He also said DHS acknowleged that there is 20 % fraud in H1b prog.

Now RAM argued that if u are saying majotiry and at same time u mention 20% is that 20 % is majority ? Why dnt u look at 80 % side... that was very good point..

also he mentioned that H1b is path to GC for most of highly skilled. They are trying to close door one by one. Divide and Rule policy..

THanks a lot gc_...

Old 05-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default To folks who have missed it

http://yourcallradio.blogspot.com/20...n-workers.html

Excellent points made by Professor Wadhwa, please take some time to listen to this at your convenience.

Old 05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful show.
Vivek was brilliant ! John looked clueless and lost the arguments.

I wish we had more advance notice and more of our members would have called in.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 05-05-2009 at 02:01 PM.