Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice idea

Thanks for the tip, buddy.

When companies start discriminating you based on your ethnicity, then hide your ethnicity as far as possible. We have a saying "When there is water level raises above your head, catch a boat". (Sorry poor translation).

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyghoda View Post
Thinking back, I think the offer was reinstated because an official offer was made in writing. If the hiring manager had realized the L2/EAD issue before, my friend could simply have been rejected at the interview stage itself and no explanation would have been necessary. Bottom line, avoid getting into the specifics of the Employment Authorization till after you have secured an offer in writing. After that point, its too late for the company to say no to EAD since that is discrimination.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of
Default Just got the opposite situation of the problem discussed here

Just recieved an email from a consulting co..

Job ID: PSJC_0603 Location:N/A , NJ
Description: On a project for our direct client we are looking for Sr. Engineer/ Engineer PERL/ SQL/ Java coders . Candidate should have 6+ years experience . Need either US citizens or Indian H1 resources based in NJ/ NY on contract . Number of positions: 4 . Required Qualification: Bachelors in Computer Science/ Engg/ Science/ Commerce . Banking domain knowledge preferred . Job responsibilities: Coding/ scripting/ development for ongoing banking project . Person should be strong in PERL/ SQL and good in Java (Focus is PERL/ SQL) . Duration: 6 months plus . If interested reply ASAP . Additional Skillsets: MSSQL, EJB, J2EE, J2ME, BANK, BFSI, INSURANCE, APPLICATION DEVELOPER, PROGRAMMER, PERL DEVELOPER, SQL DEVELOPER, SOFTWARE ENGINEER, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Required Skills: (MSSQL OR PERL OR SQL) AND (EJB OR J2EE OR J2ME OR JAVA) AND (BANK OR BANKING OR BFSI OR INSURANCE)

Desired Skills: None

And they had the audacity to put on their webpage too:
http://outreach.pixlinc.com/index1.htm

Last edited by bfadlia; 06-05-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: personal info
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyghoda View Post
Bottom line, avoid getting into the specifics of the Employment Authorization till after you have secured an offer in writing. After that point, its too late for the company to say no to EAD since that is discrimination.
But don't you think using this options would create problem with present company..??
Before offerirng the letter the new compnay will do reference check. If for any reason new job offer does not go through, then applicant will be burning bridges with his/her present employer right...??

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2008
Compare
a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold a1b2c3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfadlia View Post

Description: On a project for our direct client we are looking for Sr. Engineer/ Engineer PERL/ SQL/ Java coders . Candidate should have 6+ years experience . Need either US citizens or Indian H1 resources based in NJ/ NY on contract . Number of positions: 4 . Required Qualification: Bachelors in Computer Science/ Engg/ Science/ Commerce . Banking domain knowledge preferred . Job responsibilities: Coding/ scripting/ development for ongoing banking project . Person should be strong in PERL/ SQL and good in Java (Focus is PERL/ SQL) . Duration: 6 months plus . If interested reply ASAP . Additional Skillsets: MSSQL, EJB, J2EE, J2ME, BANK, BFSI, INSURANCE, APPLICATION DEVELOPER, PROGRAMMER, PERL DEVELOPER, SQL DEVELOPER, SOFTWARE ENGINEER, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Required Skills: (MSSQL OR PERL OR SQL) AND (EJB OR J2EE OR J2ME OR JAVA) AND (BANK OR BANKING OR BFSI OR INSURANCE)

http://outreach.pixlinc.com/ofus_ea/...48_55825_40324
wow!
its your turn now. go after it with a sledge hammer.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of bfadlia has much to be proud of

Actually, I'm not even looking.. so I didn't get too worked up about it.. but anyone is welcome to carry on the torch .. er.. the sledge hammer

I'm amazed at the stupidity among recruiters these days, even if I were Indian H1, the ad will scream to me "we're bloodsuckers who want indian H1 people to suck their blood"..

Old 06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Post Please use a different link.

Please remove this link. this link allows one to go through your resume. When you post a link make sure its not linked with your account.

J thomas

bfadlia,
I have removed the link, you can PM the other guy to remove the link. I told you because i was able to download your resume,

J thomas

Quote:

Last edited by jthomas; 06-05-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: removed the link

Old 06-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Egypt
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas View Post
Please remove this link. this link allows one to go through your resume. When you post a link make sure its not linked with your account.

J thomas
Although I couldn't see how, but ok.. i edited the link
Thanx.

But then again, my post is quoted is yours and a third post, so the link is still there

Last edited by bfadlia; 06-05-2009 at 07:18 PM.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Although I couldn't see how, but ok.. i edited the link
Thanx.

But then again, my post is quoted is yours and a third post, so the link is still there
Your resume is publicly available through the link you posted. There is a link to view it.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Before 2000
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute desi3933 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
........Let us wait for one week and see how many people actually file lawsuit for this. (Hint: ZERO). Big talks and dreaming does not involve any cost unlike lawsuit. It does involve time, but we do have lot of time to talk about lawsuits.
Less than a week, and nobody is talking about lawsuit anymore.

Enough said.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Hi Desi3933,
members did not work on a lawsuit but they did all the freebies. complained to DOJ, Equal oppurunity etc... Atleast they did something. Lets see the positive than the negative. Next time it would be one more step ahead.
Atleast most of them understood through your comments (desi3933) and Psaxena. We did not work as a team. Next time if we have a chance we would do slightly better.

Anyway, Greens to Desi3933 and Psaxena from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
Less than a week, and nobody is talking about lawsuit anymore.

Enough said.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

What does your present company have anything to do with it? This is between you and the company who just made you an offer of employment.

As far as reference check is concerned, they cannot proceed without an explicit written authorization from you. In that you can state which employers you are fine with contacting and which ones you are not. I always say its ok to contact all my previous employers except the one with whom I am currently employed. Almost all companies understand that. Mention that you can prove employment and salary by showing paystubs, W2, etc.

I have never had any employer insist on contacting my current employer. If someone ever does, I'll simply say I am no longer interested in the job and to consider my application for employment withdrawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletpc View Post
But don't you think using this options would create problem with present company..??
Before offerirng the letter the new compnay will do reference check. If for any reason new job offer does not go through, then applicant will be burning bridges with his/her present employer right...??

Old 06-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute jnraajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default And then what happened?

This issue is just a classic example of who we are and what we do? All talk and no action. This thread was a hot topic for a few days. Then people forget about it and go about their ways.

Ironically, this is how politics works as well. Politicians talk about a hot topic so that, the people who vote for them see their point of views. Once everything is said and done, the politicians drop the subject or move on to a new one. People don't care, because, well they have stuff to do in their lives and so they forget about it and move on.

As long as we continue to go down this path, lots of talk and no action, we are never going to achieve anything. Everyone, when I say everyone, that includes me as well , wants to take the easy road to glory. But, we seem to forget that there is no such easy way.

Now, this is not a big issue that we are fighting for. So, fine. But, at least, can we learn some lessons from this episode, and try to implement a organized solution for our more pressing issues. If we can, there is a high chance for success. If not, we will be just another forum on the world wide web. Nothing more.

I have been, or should I say, had been an active member of IV. Tried to kick start a state chapter here in NE. When that didn't work, joined MN chapter and KS chapter. I have received no updates from either of those chapters. All I see on the website is lots of talk on those forums.

IV started a donor forum to encourage donations with a simple goal for $10k per month. First month, I believe was a huge success almost 95% target. Then, interest faded away, to almost 20%, I believe, last month. I donate when ever I can, but I believe, the donor forums did more damage than good.

When you look at numbersusa or programmer's guild, people provide them with money for their cause. We don't. Plain and simple.

Doesn't matter, where we come from or how close or far away from a GC we are at? The goal of everyone here is the same. Fix the broken system, so that we can live our lives, the way we like. So, please don't take this in the wrong sense. Let us learn from this episode, and start doing some organized activities that will make everyone in Washington sit up and listen.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another Job Posting for non-indian non-chinese

We have an immediate need for a SAP Webdynpro consultant. This role will be more focused on the Webdynpro/Java sider versus the SAP Portal side. The consultant will responsible for the Netweaver application assisting with technical efforts including development, designing, implementing and supporting business processes in a Netweaver environment. Design work has been done and multiple builds are underway . This person will need to have a detailed background in Java andJava WebDynpro programming skills. Additional experience with the following areas is also required:

SAP Enterprise Portal 7.0 or higher set up and configuration skills

SAP Knowledge Management set up and configuration skills

SAP NWDI track set up and configuration - Change Management Service (CMS), Component Build Service (CBS), Design Time Repository (DTR)

Development of technical specifications required

Prior experience with Netweaver Composite Application Framework, Guided Procedures, and/or Composition Environment.

Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also required.

Please note that US Citizens or Greencard holders are required for this opportunity given the security guidelines by the end customer. TN Visa and other H1 Visas from countries other than India or China are also acceptable. This is a customer requirement.

I have this email and will be keeping it

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute h1_b_visa_holder has a reputation beyond repute
Default anish nair's linkedin prfile :)

search anish nair ab star to get it

Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
Default hi

We have a google group for guys who are looking for job as well as those who know about a opening as well as thise who would like to help. Please join the group.

J Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post
Thanks for the tip, buddy.

When companies start discriminating you based on your ethnicity, then hide your ethnicity as far as possible. We have a saying "When there is water level raises above your head, catch a boat". (Sorry poor translation).