Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
I donot think these lawyers are good for anything. Infact i myself am blocked from their timelines.

But that just doesnt mean we go around yelling. it makes us look weak.

We have to hit them where it effects. not just spray bullets.

Again, what may appear yelling to you, could be intentional for a specific purpose. If you are blocked from lawyer's timeline then that is a badge of honor.

We have a plan and that is what we are working on. You can do whatever you think works for you.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2016, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tspiv is on a distinguished road

Just to share my thoughts as a new member. I'm also not in favor of using foul words. But, since this is based on some strategy, I'm ok with it. Also, since its with the lawyers who are rigging the system...I'm not unhappy as well

Old 03-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
panchi2131 is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post

We have a plan and that is what we are working on. .
believe if this quote was written in the first reply ,there would have been less q's from members ..

Old 03-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goldengate001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by panchi2131 View Post
believe if this quote was written in the first reply ,there would have been less q's from members ..
It is normal for advocacy organizations to plan things under the radar. If the plans are shared with the outside world, the other lobbies/interests will be ready with a counter plan. IV should not feel obligated to its members to alleviate their concerns created due to every single social media post by IV.

Old 03-07-2016, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC2022 View Post
Imagine you are at a dinner party, you have a sinister uncle(s) who schemes and plots revenge like in saas bahu serials.

Now imagine there is another uncle - the man of ideas and ideology.

Suddenly - the man of ideas stands up and pisses on the sinister uncle and start yelling obscenities.

Imagine whats going on in the heads of other people at the table.

maybe thats not a perfect analogy, but its close.

ANother way to put it is - vikidisi has written about reaching out to mainstream media with our cause. I am personally planning to write to techcrunch as march is Immigration month. Now whats going to happen the moment they see this stuff on our twitter timeline.

Donot get me wrong, i am not proposing that we should bend over and take what they give, Not at all. We need to fight, we will. But we donot have to look like college kids in a sophomoric brawl.
I just don't understand how people can get stuck in endless backlogs, realize that they are in that mess because of these lawyer-corporation cartels and still act as if they can be reconciled with. Think of how far you would go to protect and secure your and your family's future - because that is exactly what is at stake in this fight!

The reality is that the incentives of these lawyers and corporations are diametrically opposite of the causes that we care for. NO ONE cares about it if you don't fight for it yourself. This is a fist fight on the street but only done in suits and ties - so saddle up Sally or get trampled on the sidelines.

Good luck to you if you think that your sob stories and recanting your plight will make their hearts melt and they will start feeling sorry for you all of a sudden. They have built empires pissing on your careers and they aren't about to stop anytime soon unless you beat the shit out of them.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC2022 is infamous around these parts GC2022 is infamous around these parts
Default Not really

WHo wants to reconcile with the lawyers? Not me.

Who wants to tell them sob stories? not me

Who wants to melt their hearts ? lol , not me.

But I dont think yelling on public forums does the opposite either. That is to fight. If you want to fight, lets fight and fight intellectually, legally and in the right way and right spirit.

I actually donot have a problem with the position lawyers take, i think they are just protecting their business interests. Is it hurting us ? Sure. Is it making us and our families suffer, sure, but thats the reality. The issue i have with the lawyers is the hypocracy - they claim to represent us but donot do so. Maybe Administrator has a plan and maybe this is part of a larger campaign, i donot know and i donot claim to know.

https://paper.dropbox.com/doc/How-to...l0uQuToFvnoDnL

Old 03-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
YTS2 is on a distinguished road
Default Unite

Thanks Administrator2, IV Team and members for repeatedly pointing out the role played by the Lawyer Group. We need a dedicated IV webpage, which educates the BACKLOGGED new comers and non-believers how some Immigration Lawyers/Orgs are HURTING the backlogged. It is VERY PAINFUL to see that some lawyers are trying all means to DIVIDE the backlogged community. We need to UNITE.

An example how lawyers covers their part from the backlogged.
A lawyer commented that the following are the winners of the proposal
- The bad employer (who prefer keeping workers in H-1B status)
- USCIS (who receives millions and millions in additional fees to maintain H-1B status)
But never mentioned about the lawyers who will receive millions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator2 View Post
For years, immigration lawyers and their organization have been pretending to represent immigrants, but what they have been doing behind closed door is - making immigration laws to benefit immigration lawyers and employers. And the proof is - the backlog you are in, and the nuanced rules and regulations that have been carefully created to prevent immigrants from changing employers.

Some people can see through the BS of these sleazy lawyers, what these lawyers have been doing to over a million of people so the lawyers can line their pockets. Is it wrong to call them the way it is?

What is more outrageous? The comments below? Or the systematic manner in which over a million and their families have been held captive at the mercy of their employers?

Old 03-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kamakazee is infamous around these parts kamakazee is infamous around these parts
Default trumpian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satya.atx View Post
Guys I understand your frustrations. I am in same league with a Masters from a great university and 12 years in USA and still waiting even an EAD. Unable to travel with clarity and feeling indentured.
However shouting out on twitter handle with the kind of comments including words like f'ing is not helping the cause.
We cannot appear to be crazy. I know you have been more in the inner circles and seeing your work sabotaged which is the source of frustration.
Just lambasting everyone who throws a voice calling for a semblance of order is not helping either.
We have strong talking points on benefits of immigration. Heck even the army is open to recruiting immigrants because they cant find enough civilians to do so.

We dont want to be dismissed as crackpots in other important meeting and this kind of social media presence is sabotaging the FACE of millions. People contributing here are entrusting their trust and trying to help as much as they can. If you didnt want to indulge in that kind of mud slinging you could have simply ignored it.

I do believe companies,our Indian companies have a vested interest in indenture. I am sure some US companies do too. We do need to keep language civil, stick to facts and hardships. We could have just pointed to comments from lawyers and such which did not address the core issue of job portability and left it at that.

Antagonizing them against our cause is not helping. Atleast ignore them if not address them peacefully. Many people here dont stand with the language used.

If you believe in slamming the door on new people coming to America after you, you are anti-immigrant. Doesn't matter if it's IV, Trump, Cruz, or Rubio

Old 03-07-2016, 06:21 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute Administrator2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakazee View Post
If you believe in slamming the door on new people coming to America after you, you are anti-immigrant. Doesn't matter if it's IV, Trump, Cruz, or Rubio
And whose twisted philosophy are you preaching. It sounds like coming from a sick mind of an immigration lawyer.

You probably think that Immigration lawyers are gods, so their word is the word of god, isn't it?

Do you even know the meaning of "pro-immigrant" and "pro-immigration". Guess not. Well, then read here and learn something before spreading the word of your gods aka immigration liars

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3595915 (The difference between "Pro-Immigrant and "Pro-Immigration")

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-07-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kamakazee is infamous around these parts kamakazee is infamous around these parts
Default lies

Greg Siskind Quoted in Law360 Regarding Proposed EAD Rule « Greg Siskind Quoted in Law360 Regarding Proposed EAD Rule - Siskind Susser PC Siskind Susser PC

“There is no requirement in the Immigration and Nationality Act requiring a demonstration of compelling circumstances,” attorney Gregory Siskind of Siskind Susser PC argued in his comments. “The only reason for such a requirement is to cull the number of potential applicants despite the president having the authority to be as generous as he wishes.”

“Only a tiny number of people would ever fit in under the enumerated examples,” Siskind argued, saying that being trapped in a green card line is also “compelling” and that the requirement should be abandoned.

siskind's stand on ead rule.

Old 03-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice DMX17 is just really nice

Quote:
Greg Siskind Quoted in Law360 Regarding Proposed EAD Rule « Greg Siskind Quoted in Law360 Regarding Proposed EAD Rule - Siskind Susser PC Siskind Susser PC

“There is no requirement in the Immigration and Nationality Act requiring a demonstration of compelling circumstances,” attorney Gregory Siskind of Siskind Susser PC argued in his comments. “The only reason for such a requirement is to cull the number of potential applicants despite the president having the authority to be as generous as he wishes.”

“Only a tiny number of people would ever fit in under the enumerated examples,” Siskind argued, saying that being trapped in a green card line is also “compelling” and that the requirement should be abandoned.

All due respect, who the hell are you? Siskind himself? If you are bootlicker, you should get the Siskind treatment i.e. being blocked by IV.

What is your position on creating a special visa (pro-immigration) to allow just 1000 per yr immigration lawyers in the country at $60,000/yr (or whatever loophole the lawyers have created in the LCA)? How about journalists for cheap?

BTW, do you really care about the undocumented folks or is it just more business as usual?

Old 03-07-2016, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare

Quote:

We think Siskind is a liar. He hasn't uttered a word about "exploitation" and "abuse" of skilled immigrants for as long as he has been accessing the internet. He and all immigration lawyers know about the widespread exploitation of skilled immigrants. Exploitation is the norm for H-1B and L-1 workers. But the guy have never uttered a word. You can't find a word "exploitation" in many years of his blogging.

And now, after years, you think all his past is wiped out because of his 1 comments? Is that what you are trying to prove?

He defends all immigration lawyers, including those who suck the blood of immigrants like leeches. Siskind defends AILA every time he opens his mouth. We know all too well that this current system is a creation of AILA and companies. Siskind makes things up and he keeps repeating that immigrant on H-1B and L1 are entrepreneurs. Everyone knows you cant start a company on L-1 or on H-1B.

We are going to shame him into accepting defeat and start talking about exploitation. The more he will resist, the more painful it will get. Go tell him that.

Last edited by Administrator2; 03-07-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Old 03-08-2016, 06:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eadeadead is on a distinguished road
Default Does it really matter at this time??

I trust immigration voice at this point more than any other source because they are the one fighting against all the storms against legal immigrants. Especially after VB fiasco, change in i140 rule language etc. No one is at legal immigrant side.
I have a question though, does it really matter at this time if Greg or Cyrus tweet and try to get legal immigrants on their side and try to pretend that they are their well wisher.
We are screwed up big time like a hell by anyone and everyone including all the lobbying firms and also by admin.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stuckinline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadeadead View Post
I trust immigration voice at this point more than any other source because they are the one fighting against all the storms against legal immigrants. Especially after VB fiasco, change in i140 rule language etc. No one is at legal immigrant side.
I have a question though, does it really matter at this time if Greg or Cyrus tweet and try to get legal immigrants on their side and try to pretend that they are their well wisher.
We are screwed up big time like a hell by anyone and everyone including all the lobbying firms and also by admin.
I am not reading too much into IV's Twitter activitities.

Way I see it, it is as if two stray dogs were barking outside your house for days and one day you go out to give them a beating.

I am guessing Cyrus got on someone's nerves in IV and they decided to go after them.

I am sure there is plenty of background activity going on. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.

Old 03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
foia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckinline View Post
I am not reading too much into IV's Twitter activitities.

Way I see it, it is as if two stray dogs were barking outside your house for days and one day you go out to give them a beating.

I am guessing Cyrus got on someone's nerves in IV and they decided to go after them.

I am sure there is plenty of background activity going on. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.
"I am guessing Cyrus got on someone's nerves in IV " - It is a pity that these immigration lawyers don't get on every legal immigrant's nerves. I wonder why only IV bashes them, it is the duty of each and everyone of us. But, it is a shame that we just think of grabbing a pop-corn and watch the show instead of joining this great org.